Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-07-2020, 11:36 PM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would look at the ZL1 if I were you Scott. It’s a good bang for the buck and you can find used ones out there for decent prices with various mileage. The alcantara is not that bad once you get used to it and the Recaro seats are comfortable too. I went from a 2016 2SS that I bought new to a used low mileage 2017 ZL1 with a M6 6 speed that I bought last year in March and have no regrets. Check out the ZL1 section of the forum to find some of the answers to the questions you listed in your thread.��
Old 06-08-2020, 06:37 AM   #16
1BadMoFo

Drives: 2014 Chevy Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I would look at the ZL1 if I were you Scott. It’s a good bang for the buck and you can find used ones out there for decent prices with various mileage. The alcantara is not that bad once you get used to it and the Recaro seats are comfortable too. I went from a 2016 2SS that I bought new to a used low mileage 2017 ZL1 with a M6 6 speed that I bought last year in March and have no regrets. Check out the ZL1 section of the forum to find some of the answers to the questions you listed in your thread.��
Yeah, I plan on it. Want to make sure I make the perfect purchase this time, but man the prices jump from 5th to 6th gen ZL1's.
1BadMoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:41 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Very true but I would look for a 6gen instead of a 5th gen! Good luck with your search.��
Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #18
1BadMoFo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Very true but I would look for a 6gen instead of a 5th gen! Good luck with your search.��
Yeah, I am reading lots of great feedback about the Alpha platform versus Zeta. Just not sure if I want to spend the extra cash right now to jump from an SS to the ZL1, especially without understanding what else I get with the ZL1. I know I will find the answers with some research, just can't do it right now.

I am leaning towards one that is titled as an SS and then add extras later but I know I just went through this with the Z51 and when I added up all the changes that I would need to make to it, I should have just jumped to the Z06.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Yes I understand but if you are planning to mod an SS you might as well keep your Corvette and mod it with the parts that you have bought. Good luck!
Old 06-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #20
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
What's your goal/planned use for the car? ...and thank you for posting up those details on your Corvette. That's the info I was curious about. I won't say I'm not interested, but with everything going on, and only 8 months of 6th gen ownership under my belt, I'm not ready to commit to anything.

I've been looking at supercharger options for my SS, and honestly, I think I'd probably just step up to a ZL1. It's more money than an SS with a blower, but it's a factory set up, there's that warranty, resale value....all the intangibles that the ZL1 offers you if you can make than initial investment. -To say nothing of the other upgrades offered on the ZL1.

ZL1 would be my choice.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #21
1BadMoFo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
What's your goal/planned use for the car? ...and thank you for posting up those details on your Corvette. That's the info I was curious about. I won't say I'm not interested, but with everything going on, and only 8 months of 6th gen ownership under my belt, I'm not ready to commit to anything.

I've been looking at supercharger options for my SS, and honestly, I think I'd probably just step up to a ZL1. It's more money than an SS with a blower, but it's a factory set up, there's that warranty, resale value....all the intangibles that the ZL1 offers you if you can make than initial investment. -To say nothing of the other upgrades offered on the ZL1.

ZL1 would be my choice.
Well Yeah LOL, but a lot more coin. I have some inquiries out to my insurance company about the cost difference also. I shot you a PM.