Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2019, 07:11 AM   #15
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Interesting that the EV and the 5.9 SC are the same extra cost with the same performance. Both 3.0 seconds to 60.

Also interesting in that decisions like this would be no sooner than 3 years out, more like 4 as they impact the architecture of the vehicle. So these are questions for the 2024 MY......unless they are simply trying to confirm decisions already made.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #16
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
A little bit of hope.
I wish they wouldn’t drop the V6 though.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #17
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
They put these stats in a email survey about a year ago or more.

The smart play is to let people vote on a body design.

If it looks as godawful ugly as the Mustang Mach E, I won't be interested. If the base model starts at $40k, I won't be interested.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #18
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Who da hell wants all wheel drive in a v8 camaro. I mean what fun is it if you can't spin the tires at will hitting 1st, 2nd and 3rd???
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 AM   #19
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
What if that's for a new Challenger, not Camaro?
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:19 AM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Who da hell wants all wheel drive in a v8 camaro. I mean what fun is it if you can't spin the tires at will hitting 1st, 2nd and 3rd???
The people that want maximum traction for moving the vehicle forward as quickly as possible which is also fun.

Plus with enough HP you can spin all 4, which can also be fun.

And for reference I can spin the tires on my LaCrossse which is not fun.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:35 AM   #21
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming-Chicken View Post
That's cool there is a survey, at least a step towards a gen 7 Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Screaming Chicken, thanks for being a great Camaro vendor
Welcome Screaming-Chicken. That's what we used to call the Trans Am hood decal. Is that where your name comes from?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #22
Screaming-Chicken

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Welcome Screaming-Chicken. That's what we used to call the Trans Am hood decal. Is that where your name comes from?
Your correct! Big fan of 70s Trans Ams.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #23
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasZ View Post
They probably hired a company to run some customer research to help decide if they want to offer a seventh gen and if so what options / powertrains do people want. That supercharged version looks nice. Is that the real power numbers or are they being helped along with the hybrid elec power to reach those numbers. I agree the only electric motor I need is the one to start the engine or roll up the windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Interesting that the EV and the 5.9 SC are the same extra cost with the same performance. Both 3.0 seconds to 60.

Also interesting in that decisions like this would be no sooner than 3 years out, more like 4 as they impact the architecture of the vehicle. So these are questions for the 2024 MY......unless they are simply trying to confirm decisions already made.
I also noticed that the EV numbers and the "5.9SC" numbers are right on top of each other. Personally, I would take that to be a way of measuring how much over the 5.5L an EV could be priced. I would not be surprised if there are versions of the survey where the "5.9SC" has less performance than the EV at the same price and versions where the "5.9SC" has the same performance at higher price than the EV. The goal is to find the tipping point for pricing an EV that outperforms a V8.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that 2024 timing coincides with the loose "end of Gen 6" timing that GM has laid out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
They put these stats in a email survey about a year ago or more.

The smart play is to let people vote on a body design.

If it looks as godawful ugly as the Mustang Mach E, I won't be interested. If the base model starts at $40k, I won't be interested.
Similar survey, different powertrain options.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 12-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #24
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
32 mpg with v8 performance, likely better weight distribution including center of gravity... I'd miss the v8 but that sounds pretty awesome.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #25
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
I also noticed that the EV numbers and the "5.9SC" numbers are right on top of each other. Personally, I would take that to be a way of measuring how much over the 5.5L an EV could be priced. I would not be surprised if there are versions of the survey where the "5.9SC" has less performance than the EV at the same price and versions where the "5.9SC" has the same performance at higher price than the EV. The goal is to find the tipping point for pricing an EV that outperforms a V8.
There was a series of 15 pages asking you to choose your preferred powertrain. On each page, they would rearrange the pricing and ask you to choose again. The pricing changed each page, but the performance specs never changed. Every page showed the 5.9SC and EV as having equivalent performance. The price for the EV fluctuated around 18k to 25k. Hybrid hovered around 4k-6k, etc. They're trying to figure out how high they can price a powertrain before you choose a different one.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #26
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
There was a series of 15 pages asking you to choose your preferred powertrain. On each page, they would rearrange the pricing and ask you to choose again. The pricing changed each page, but the performance specs never changed. Every page showed the 5.9SC and EV as having equivalent performance. The price for the EV fluctuated around 18k to 25k. Hybrid hovered around 4k-6k, etc. They're trying to figure out how high they can price a powertrain before you choose a different one.
Exactly! In my experience, these types of surveys only come out when a program is in development and looking to lock down on powertrain options. This is more than a fishing expedition. DOES NOT mean that the program is locked in, but it does mean that it has passed some major milestones and is more likely in than out. Still would have to deliver a solid business case.

Last edited by Martinjlm; 12-29-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #27
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
actually think the "nomaro"body style would sell pretty good.if i wasnt so in love with my paid off 2015 RS id rock one of those.make mine a 2.0T or V6 with the RS options.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:56 PM   #28
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
When I saw the 5.5l described, I was thinking about this:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...e-c8-r-engine/

this would be a vss-r car? Is there a vss for AWD that’s not vss-t?
Never mind, I found the answer, there is a awd vss-r:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-p...cle-set/vss-r/
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote