Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2019, 06:45 AM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Do this and have a much better car in the future.
Better for tracking and slightly better street handling yes. Disadvatages more expensive comparing new to new, more things to go wrong, more weight. The extra 40 pounds the Ediff costs you is a big deal for me.

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-04-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I like to DR, and, yes, I do not want all the fluff they put in the SS/ZL1's.
I enjoy test and tunes also. But I will miss the tow hook. I want a M6. Are the threads there? Would we just have to modify the grill? Not having the hook on this car is a mistake and not having seat heaters on the only V8 Camaro that has all season tires standard are also bad marketing. The Chevy bowtie placement, another mistake. These all have me scratching my head. Dodge is more in touch with us, but the Camaro is a better driver.

My 17" Dragstars with 305 MTs are waiting in my garage. No more brake clearance problems. These rims do clear the SS/ZL1 back brakes cold. But if you hot lap a full weight A10 ZL1 the cailper will start scratching the inside of the rims. Battle scars!
Old 11-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #17
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I enjoy test and tunes also. But I will miss the tow hook. I want a M6. Are the threads there? Would we just have to modify the grill?
I'm thinking it's going to be the SS subframe, so the threads are there. We'll just have to modify the grille. The A10 is badass. I'm tempted to get it. The only problem is you can get "lost" in all those gears shifting around town. Maybe I need more time to get used to it? Anyway, I'm going M6 as well.

Quote:
Not having the hook on this car is a mistake and not having seat heaters on the only V8 Camaro that has all season tires standard are also bad marketing.
I think they should go back to basics and offer the LT1 with almost any option. Let the customer custom configure it. We get the car we want and they get add on costs the more you load it up. Some people can't afford a 2SS but will pay $200 for heated seats. That $200 more in sales...

Quote:
Dodge is more in touch with us, but the Camaro is a better driver.
TRUTH! If FCA didn't make tanks and disguise them as Challengers I'd prolly have one by now.
They have the horsies to move the weight though...

Quote:
My 17" Dragstars with 305 MTs are waiting in my garage. No more brake clearance problems. These rims do clear the SS/ZL1 back brakes cold. But if you hot lap a full weight A10 ZL1 the cailper will start scratching the inside of the rims. Battle scars!
I was hoping 17's would clear everything! It really sucks not having rear gear options. The M6 needs a 4.10 (or deeper) FR IMO.

Will 17's clear the front too?
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
17's clear the front brakes no problem on SS and LT1.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #19
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
AWESOME! Thanks!
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #20
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Congrats on the new ride! I've often thought about the LT1, but more for a drag racing/street monster. It has the ability to be a super sleeper. With the body of a turbo 4 or 6 cylinder and the drive train of a V8 it has the potential to be a crazy.

However, even if you don't want to race it, the car is an awesome car to have fun with on the street and likely get a lower insurance rate on. Since it isn't the SS model it doesn't have all of the extras on it, there's more lower trim levels than SS and up models so replacing body panels in the event of an accident should be easier/cheaper, all in all for the couple thousand in savings it's a heck of a daily driver.

Enjoy your new ride and please post a picture so we can see that beauty!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #21
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
My only issue with the LT1 vs the SS is the dash. I still haven't found any reason why it has 160 vs the 200MPH on the instrument cluster even though it has the same motor. My assumption is that its has a delimiter but I could be wrong an it has the shell of the base model LT trim. As far as performance I think the SS is a better buy since you get brembo brakes all the way around where the LT1 its only the front brakes I believe. I look at the LT1 as Dodge Hemi version of the car nice to have that v8 sound in the morning but not the type to go to the track & stuff which sounds like it suits your purpose. Congrats on your purchase..at the end you still have a CAMARO!

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #22
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I just have one question. What is "jewel tint"?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #23
Sullie63
CamaroFan63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Garnet Red Tint coat probably.
Attached Images

Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Sullie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #24
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
The 1LT does seem like a really nice platform for more or less a "base" SS. I strongly considered one but I love my current V6, M6 so much and that it runs on regular gas, and the gas mileage I am going to keep it for a long time.
Exactly how I feel.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:58 AM   #25
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
My only issue with the LT1 vs the SS is the dash. I still haven't found any reason why it has 160 vs the 200MPH on the instrument cluster even though it has the same motor.
A few reasons I can think of..

1. It comes with all season tires that not rated for the 180MPH top speed of the SS
2. The LT1 has less aero / down force in the LT1 base trim. No spoiler on the rear
3. The engine extra coolers are not on the LT1.

GM speed limited the LT1 Trim package to a top speed of 155MPH which is more than enough for what it was built for.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #26
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I still think the LT-1 Camaro is a good alternative to an SS or ZL1 for a person that wants a V8 for not a lot of money!
Old 11-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #27
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
17's clear the front brakes no problem on SS and LT1.
Just to be sure, are we talking 17x8 wheels? If so that is awesome news.

I currently have a 2019 V6 RS, which I love. However if the rumors are true and the Camaro is ending in 2023 I may, upgrade to a V8 for the final model year.

I'm thinking LT1 as well, as it will be my commute car and I don't plan on doing much/any tracking. I may do an autocross though.

The only thing I'd like to see for the LT1 is the creature comfort options from the 2SS--heated/cooled seats, blind spot monitoring, rear camera mirror, etc. I'm surprised these aren't offered already, considering this is the V8 car that won't see much track use. You'd think Chevy would offer the creature comforts instead. Maybe they will be 2023...
Malbjey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #28
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s why you would buy a 2SS to get all the extras!!