Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 06-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #15
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Thank you Ms. Becky! I would like to have another freedom loving, gas burning neighbor!
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:21 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I would be your neighbor...

The colors are a perfect fit - in my neighborhood!..

Becky
...and I'll be the neighbor on the other side..

picture fixed...
Old 06-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #17
IrishCoffee

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
They are a bunch in libtard attorneys. I assume they think my carbon footprint is too big because my cars make a lot of noise.
Ha. That's what I figured, but I was just curious.

I love the argument that you can get a Tesla that is really fast. Uh huh.
IrishCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #18
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Thank you. I don't complain about the "Hillary" and "Obama" stickers on their cars..they shouldn't complain about mine.
Best post I've seen on here yet!
Old 06-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #19
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
...and I'll be the neighbor on the other side..

picture fixed...
You probably dont have a bunch of crazy left wing idiots in Texas
Old 06-12-2017, 06:55 AM   #20
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
Love your post and your two beautiful and capable cars. Im a LONG time Summit Point guy who spent ten years racing and instructing at Summit. I was curious if you were running Summit main and if you happen to get some lap times. I recently bought a 2017 1LE and am looking forward to taking it to the track. Your description comparing the GT3 to the 1LE is PERFECT! As I had told many of my former racing buddies, every time I drive the 1LE it puts a smile on my face. Great Post!
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #21
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
I wouldn't be surprised if your neighbors are also anti pizza.
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #22
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if your neighbors are also anti pizza.
They probably dont love living next to a strip club owner either...but i was here before most of them
Old 06-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #23
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeyer View Post
Love your post and your two beautiful and capable cars. Im a LONG time Summit Point guy who spent ten years racing and instructing at Summit. I was curious if you were running Summit main and if you happen to get some lap times. I recently bought a 2017 1LE and am looking forward to taking it to the track. Your description comparing the GT3 to the 1LE is PERFECT! As I had told many of my former racing buddies, every time I drive the 1LE it puts a smile on my face. Great Post!
I was just at summit point Friday. I posted the video here in the track video section. The best time i could put down was 1.27.1 . I was running Bridgestone re71r tires and i dont think i ever got to the best pressure. They felt greasy the entire time.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #24
Ponyeatr16ss
retired badass

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Ponyeatr16ss Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyeatr16ss
I live 15 min from summit point, seems like you have to take a small loan out to spend a day at the track. Kinda ridiculous I think. Drag strip would cost me about $20 vise track cost $300 or more??

Quote:
Ponyeatr16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #25
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyeatr16ss View Post
I live 15 min from summit point, seems like you have to take a small loan out to spend a day at the track. Kinda ridiculous I think. Drag strip would cost me about $20 vise track cost $300 or more??
The adrenaline rush is far greater driving on a racetrack vs a dragstrip. You need to try it and you'll easily justify the extra cost.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #26
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
First, thank you for what you do as an HPDE instructor. Summit Point is my "home track" and you guys are the unsung heroes of our hobby. My wife and I have done Friday At The Track 5 times now and you guys are run ragged.

I don't know how many other Summit Point instructors own Camaros, but it's nice to see you have joined the ranks. Please feel free to chime in on Camaro5 as well in the Road Course/Track and Autocross sub-forum.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #27
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Thank you. I don't complain about the "Hillary" and "Obama" stickers on their cars..they shouldn't complain about mine.
Quote:
They are a bunch in libtard attorneys. I assume they think my carbon footprint is too big because my cars make a lot of noise.
Quote:
You probably dont have a bunch of crazy left wing idiots in Texas
I was going to say something nice, but then I read all your rants about "leftys" and "libtards" I'd respond in kind but i've been informed of the bias here.

I guess many think that only right wingers own Camaros. If you think you can handle a response I can PM you.

edit: i figured not.

Last edited by DenverTaco07; 06-18-2017 at 05:54 PM.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #28
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
Mjanowich, thanks so much for the kind words. Very much appreciated. Not to highjack a thread but the reason I bought the 1LE was because one of my students was driving a new Shelby GT350. I have never been too impressed with the mustangs but this car is an entirely different deal. I didnt want to get out of it. That the Camaro is roughly 15-20k less is a total steal with virtually identical performance. The difference between the two cars will be who is driving them. Both great cars. I absolutely LOVE Chubbs post and a 1LE pictured next to his beautiful GT3. There are many people not involved in motorsports who think they are experts and would NEVER acknowledge the you could even mention these two cars in the same breath. The 1LE is just a great car, so impressed what the GM engineering team did with this car. Chubb, thanks for posting the lap times. I am instructing much less than in the past but love getting a chance to ride in some really neat cars and meet great people. I hope to join some fellow 1LE,rs up at the track once my car is broken in. Only 500 mile so far but this car is special and I have been very fortunate to have ridden and driven just about every type of high performance car out there. I really enjoy these posts. Stay safe!
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote