Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 04-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
Someone could check for me. The Federal Emissions are now the same as California emissions, nevertheless California requires that the underhood emissions sticker say both Federal and California emissions are included. Just a sticker with Federal emissions won't work until the car has 7500 miles on it and is considered used. It is possible that cars now made for other states have a sticker that says both Fed and Ca. I don't know, but I do know that must be verified by the Ca DMV when a new car is bought out of state. So if somebody gets a chance to pop the hood and maybe post a picture of the underhood emissions sticker it would be a great help to us "Left Coasters."

I bought my 08 Z06 from a guy in Texas with only 4200 miles on it in 2012 and his emissions sticker did list both Federal and California so I was able to drive it back from Austin and register it with the then 6400 miles on it rather than waiting to put the 7500 miles on it.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #16
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Here's what's under mine
Attached Images

jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #17
pkincy

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 ATS-V
That covers the Ca emissions as well as the Fed. So you could sell this as a low mileage car to a buyer in California. And if this is what all the 17s say I could buy an Az or Nv car from a dealer there. That is very helpful. Thank you.

Now the odd thing is that if I buy from a non Ca dealer I must get this sticker and the vin verified and the car must pass smog, meaning I have to drive it enough for all the monitors to show ready. All this even though a new car in Ca doesn't need emissions testing until it is over 5 model years old. But all this is not insurmountable. In fact several Corvette buyers have found that Ca will issue an emissions exemption if you ask for it because one of the monitors is not yet ready and several of the guys have had trouble getting one of them to show complete.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #18
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Glad to be of service, and people say I'm not helpful.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote