Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #15
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I don't think the poor grammar is a big deal on something like an internet forum, until it starts to become a roadblock to the intended communication. The run on sentences and 1,500 word paragraphs get problematic.

The other bugaboo that bothers me is when a vendor uses poor grammar, spelling, etc. In that case, you need to appear professional, and you hurt your credibility instantly when you can't put a couple sentences together in such a way that would lead me to think you at least graduated high-school.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #16
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
So, what you are basically saying is that you're OK with your kids, Grand kids, etc... growing up using the wrong pronunciation of words? using the improper use of a word in a sentence? I only assume the ones making the corrections are only making an attempt at making society correct.... I mean, why the hell do people go to school anymore? once they're out, seem like they don't care about anything anymore...
No sir. Please don't put words or should I say type words in my mouth. If you look above I stated that I correct my children all the time. I'm just not so sure this would be the place to correct someone. I'm not so sure they would be receptive to it, thus not even taking the advice. So your correction would be for nothing as some would take offense to it. I also think it's how we correct each other that makes the difference too. I think sometimes it's comes across wrong.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #17
sonnydurden

But I love the different responses. I'm always curious to see how others feel about certain topics.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #18
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
It shouldnt be about how you say something its about what you say that matters. At the end of the day if your a nice person and not a dick, your okay in my book and thats how it should be. Not everyone will agree with my simple logic but thats perfectly fine.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #19
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Your right about that one, to!!!!
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ455 View Post
You're right about that one, too!!!!
There. Fixed that for you.

See. This is the right way to respond.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #21
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I don't think the poor grammar is a big deal on something like an internet forum, until it starts to become a roadblock to the intended communication. The run on sentences and 1,500 word paragraphs get problematic.

The other bugaboo that bothers me is when a vendor uses poor grammar, spelling, etc. In that case, you need to appear professional, and you hurt your credibility instantly when you can't put a couple sentences together in such a way that would lead me to think you at least graduated high-school.
Seems like you want to apply different rules depending on who is writing. Why? I think your rule for professionals should apply to everyone. The problem with 'excusing' poor grammar and punctuation because it's on an internet forum is just that, an excuse. People write that way because they really do not know how to write correctly, they are lazy and don't care, or it's become routine because they are lazy and don't care. Just my 2 cents.
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:40 PM   #22
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
As my black friend Oswald Bates of In Living Color once said...

"Allow me to expose my colon once again. The ramification inflicted on the incision placed within the Fallopian cavities serves to be holistic taken from the Latin word "jalapeno".

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #23
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Seems like you want to apply different rules depending on who is writing. Why? I think your rule for professionals should apply to everyone. The problem with 'excusing' poor grammar and punctuation because it's on an internet forum is just that, an excuse. People write that way because they really do not know how to write correctly, they are lazy and don't care, or it's become routine because they are lazy and don't care. Just my 2 cents.
You understand correctly. For me, if an individual chooses to communicate with poor grammar, then that's their choice. If it's understandable and doesn't hurt its effectiveness, then it doesn't bother me. I do think it's a reflection on them, but on a personal level, it doesn't carry much weight. Maybe they don't know better, maybe they don't care - I don't really care either. If it's effective, it's good enough (for me).

However, if you purport to be a professional business, your written communication should reflect that. You represent more than yourself, you represent a business, with which should come a level of professionalism that would suggest they care enough about their grammar to also care enough to offer a quality product/service. If you can't take the time to write properly, you probably aren't going to take the time to build a quality set of headers, or properly install my clutch, etc...
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #24
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
^ I'm with him

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #25
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Just make a half ass effort with a little punctuation and paragraphs to make reading easier. I don't think anyone's looking for Rhodes Scholars.

And capitalization. There's a big difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Last edited by SquawkVFR; 01-05-2017 at 01:07 PM.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM   #26
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
"It's a fool that tries to find logic in the chambers of the human heart. " - Everett McGill
Old 01-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #27
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Don't get mad when people correct your grammar on a forum. I see absolutely no issues with it and I also don't see how it's difficult to type things out correctly on a forum. I understand that some individuals simply aren't good at it, but others claim they only write incomplete things because it's not a big deal on a forum, social media, etc. Some posts are even ridiculously difficult to interpret. - Foreigner.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #28
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Just make a half ass effort with a little punctuation and paragraphs to make reading easier. I don't think anyone's looking for Rhodes Scholars.

And capitalization. There's a big difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Agreed..