Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #15
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
I am considering trading my S-type axle-back with someone who has the Atak,
Why are you considering this? I think S-Type is loud with smoothness to it vs Atak which sounds harsh loud IMO.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:54 AM   #16
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Just want to go louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-FIFTY View Post
Why are you considering this? I think S-Type is loud with smoothness to it vs Atak which sounds harsh loud IMO.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #17
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
LOUDER !!!

So I am confused i get three different answers with three different shops including borla

ATAK
XPIPE WITH AFM Street Legal
Do I need a Mid pipe attachment?

what should be the price for all ?
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #18
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
LOUDER !!!

So I am confused i get three different answers with three different shops including borla

ATAK
XPIPE WITH AFM Street Legal
Do I need a Mid pipe attachment?

what should be the price for all ?

Borla comes in two parts. Xpipe/midpipe and the rear sections. For a full catback you would need to purchase the Xpipe (60609 or 60610) and the rear section (11924 Stype or 11925 Atak) [assuming you have AFM and NPP]

If you buy only the X pipe and want to keep the rear stock NPP you will need a custom way to connect the X pipe to the stock NPP rear. You also have to cut the factory exhaust.

If you buy only the rear section you still have to cut the factory exhaust but you can slip on the rear Borla section and clamp it on as thats how it was designed.

If you want to keep all 4 cats and do the whole catback you would need to buy the 60610 but still cut the factory pipes behind the rear cats.

Since there are no inspections where I live I bought the 60609 x pipe which deletes the secondary cats. It is a direct bolt up to the factory flanges so you do NOT have to cut the factory exhaust and it removes the rear unmonitored cats. Then you can bolt up either the 11924 or 11925 to the Borla X pipe.

If you don't have NPP then everything above still applies but you would buy the cheaper non NPP rear sections. If you don't have AFM, again everything above applies but you would buy the cheaper non AFM xpipe/midpipe section. Part #'s are different, but fitment is identical.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:35 PM   #19
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Borla comes in two parts. Xpipe/midpipe and the rear sections. For a full catback you would need to purchase the Xpipe (60609 or 60610) and the rear section (11924 Stype or 11925 Atak) [assuming you have AFM and NPP]

If you buy only the X pipe and want to keep the rear stock NPP you will need a custom way to connect the X pipe to the stock NPP rear. You also have to cut the factory exhaust.

If you buy only the rear section you still have to cut the factory exhaust but you can slip on the rear Borla section and clamp it on as thats how it was designed.

If you want to keep all 4 cats and do the whole catback you would need to buy the 60610 but still cut the factory pipes behind the rear cats.

Since there are no inspections where I live I bought the 60609 x pipe which deletes the secondary cats. It is a direct bolt up to the factory flanges so you do NOT have to cut the factory exhaust and it removes the rear unmonitored cats. Then you can bolt up either the 11924 or 11925 to the Borla X pipe.

If you don't have NPP then everything above still applies but you would buy the cheaper non NPP rear sections. If you don't have AFM, again everything above applies but you would buy the cheaper non AFM xpipe/midpipe section. Part #'s are different, but fitment is identical.
I have npp I think I have AFM
I want Atak , xpipe and mid and keep cats
Thanks for your help
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:22 PM   #20
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I have npp I think I have AFM
I want Atak , xpipe and mid and keep cats
Thanks for your help
If you have an A8 transmission then you have AFM.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote