Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-30-2016, 06:46 PM   #15
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
vettes get less head turns than my car because they are literally everywhere. they are nothing special here. don't think of flash, think of what you want
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #16
kerunc

Drives: 2016 SS
You are opposite of me as I like the flash, so many camaros here compared to C7s. Love my SS and needed the back seat ,, but if not for the extra needed room I would have got the C7 ...

Last edited by kerunc; 08-30-2016 at 07:39 PM.
kerunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:26 PM   #17
kerunc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 corvette View Post
Honestly get over yourself, too flashy? Its a corvette not a ferrari. And the new camaro is just as nice. So do us all a favor and keep your stingray
Lets be honest. Most people arent CAR people. They couldnt tell one from the other. The C7 is the more unique (exotic) looking of the two (SS and C7) and it will turn more heads because of that factor alone.

Last edited by kerunc; 08-30-2016 at 07:38 PM.
kerunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:48 PM   #18
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Don't walk, RUN to the SS. It's the most beautiful beast on the road.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:44 PM   #19
flarunner

Drives: Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
Don't walk, RUN to the SS. It's the most beautiful beast on the road.
HAHA! Id wager a bet the c7 would get more compliments or votes for looking the best on the street.
flarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #20
mrbean66

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I was torn between the both of them , I ended up falling in love with the C7 the cockpit feel the way it delivered its experience and the price of the 2SS reaching close to the Z51.

Now that I have had it for a couple months I truly do love it, but my original goal was to drive my daily toyota solara and use the c7 for nice windy roads , track and trips.

Now I realize the Daily Driving is pretty much 90 percent of what I am do, and that trips and tracks and such end up a low percentage of actual use .

For me taking the C7 everywhere is sometimes to flashy esp when I go to my grad school and such

So Im contemplating switching to a 2SS what are your thoughts? I know I'll take a hit

Paid 57,500, MSRP was 64k for the z51 1lt

was considering going to a 2SS and making it my daily and ditching the toyota...

give me the good the bad and the ugly?

I do love those T tops might consider the convertible !

The Zl1 would be an option but don't want to go to under if i end up selling at 55K plus the 60,for zl1 plus tax feels like more out than i want but probably should of just got that to begin with! So I'm settling in on a fully loaded 2017 2ss possibly , depending on trade in vs selling it myself.
Ive had my C7 for about 2 weeks now. I shopped and drove all the muscle/sports car and liked something about each. But I know what ya mean by flash. Ive never had a car get this many compliments.
mrbean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #21
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarunner View Post
HAHA! Id wager a bet the c7 would get more compliments or votes for looking the best on the street.
Don't want just best looking, I want a beautiful beast. Looks AND brains. My Camaro fits the bill, 110%. How can anyone look at that and not instantly think..."Fu**, I want that!!"? I know I did.

And just to satisfy the OCD gods, even the bowties on the wheels are synchronous!
Attached Images

Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #22
flarunner

Drives: Red
Pretty car!! I still think the Mustang Gt looks better. But I would take a SS over a GT though because of performance, the SS is just a better car no doubt.. Im also a bow tie guy.

Still no C7 though (runs for cover)

Last edited by flarunner; 08-30-2016 at 09:33 PM.
flarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #23
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
The color of the car can make it a bit more flashy. For example, a bright yellow C7 stands out more than a magnetic grey. Personally, who cares. I would just drive the vette more, they also tend to hold their value a bit better than the Camaro.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:59 AM   #24
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Drives: 2010 2SS SIM M6
I'm confused you bought a Corvette for it to be flashy sometimes? And other times subtle. Lol �� Also I finding so weird when people are on here like "it's too impractical To drive the Corvette everyday because it's this and that" lol its a car, you crank it and drive it and hit the gas. A very practical car if you ask me. I could see if it was some GT LeMans Corvette or something. I have sat in Vettes and I'd have no problem at all tearing up the streets in a Z06 daily!
SlimeV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:04 PM   #25
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
From a looks standpoint I still prefer the C7, though I don't think the Camaro is a slouch in that department. To me I was getting nearly the same car from a drivetrain perspective for $15K less then a C7 built the way I wanted. The back seat has already come in handy too and while small, at least you have that option. My insurance is dirt cheap too.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #26
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
OP - The best thing about having a commuter and a "toy" is getting to decide when to drive them. If you're like me, you're wanting to keep the miles low on the C7, and put them on your commuter. Its hard to get into the commuter when you have a C7 at your disposal, I do that currently with my Daily and Gen6. But that's the beauty of it... you can take the C7 ANYTIME you want. If co-workers or classmates think its too flashy, tell them to suck an egg! Mix in a few days with the C7, screw what others think.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:30 AM   #27
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Well I went and test drove * again the SS to make sure before i made any choices it was a manual fifty edition, as much as I love the Little brother of the corvette I don't think I can let the ride experience of the C7 go!!!!! the view and the low cock pit feel there is nothing like it!

Guess the red black combo gets the comparison to Ferrari a ton , Im gonna stick with my toyota Solara to daily drive and park this guy , for track and some days

I go to a small school for graduate and its not just the kids the area in Hayward gets some break ins and such so i don't like to leave it there all day its hard to explain how I have this car to some of the younger kids ... I bought it in memory of my mom passing as she had a 58 vette and loved this c7 before she passed.

thanks for all the warm replies rock on everytime I see an SS I always feel related to one another its The mustangs I go and hunt for lol!
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #28
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
OP - The best thing about having a commuter and a "toy" is getting to decide when to drive them. If you're like me, you're wanting to keep the miles low on the C7, and put them on your commuter. Its hard to get into the commuter when you have a C7 at your disposal, I do that currently with my Daily and Gen6. But that's the beauty of it... you can take the C7 ANYTIME you want. If co-workers or classmates think its too flashy, tell them to suck an egg! Mix in a few days with the C7, screw what others think.
my commuter is kind of a beater solara drives forever and kind of quick v6 but I bought my wife the family car and held back my money for the vette after getting used to driving it i could barely get back in the solara but I'll drive it a few days a week like others have said.

getting my borla and x pipe installed this week!
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote