Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #15
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'll be checking my clean-side can this weekend. If it's still basically clean like it appears to be I'll look into acquiring what i need to connect to the dirty side instead.

PolynesianPowerhouse: will you be doing the whole vacuum line tapping thing that Elite was writing about?
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #16
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsblueblood View Post
Get him Powerhouse, no videos no go this is why I'm not going with bolra exhaust no sound clip video.
well not trying to GET anyone at all, but just making it known, that's what most people are waiting for. this is a business. if you are gonna sell product, most are gonna want product specific parts. sadly, it kinda seems like companies are waiting to see what the local DIY guys do first and then they'll make a move. I know its prob not like that, but on an engine with GDI, youd think the logic would be the produce a kit for the turbo 4, the v8 and the v6...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Awesome and thank you! If you can post a "how to" on both that would be awesome! Not sure why Elite will not post part numbers and install instructions on here but I am not giving out my personal email info as they've requested.
notta prob, don't need any emails or anything, uce! fit or fail, itll be for all to see, but I doubt this will fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I'll be checking my clean-side can this weekend. If it's still basically clean like it appears to be I'll look into acquiring what i need to connect to the dirty side instead.

PolynesianPowerhouse: will you be doing the whole vacuum line tapping thing that Elite was writing about?
I will eventually. I see how it works, but for now I just got a single in and out. mainly due to the line size changes, i'll do some research on that and then get a triple can setup, prob the EX-2, and run the appropriate lines.

I figure, since I ran the Apex can on the 5th gen, and there was only a tap into the dirty side, i'll run that first and see whats poppin...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #17
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I got the Ex2. Elite said they would get this shipped to me with a couple bracket options and extra hose. Once received, "we'll work with you to get this installed correctly."

I will video all. Delivery is tomorrow (Friday).
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:07 AM   #18
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I got the Ex2. Elite said they would get this shipped to me with a couple bracket options and extra hose. Once received, "we'll work with you to get this installed correctly."

I will video all. Delivery is tomorrow (Friday).
Inlet and outlet, or dual inlet single out?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 08-12-2016, 09:39 AM   #19
KirkH

Elite Engineering catch can arrived today. will install after work.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #20
KirkH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Inlet and outlet, or dual inlet single out?
Inlet and outlet. i am VERY happy with the look of the can! I got the stainless braided hoses too because, well, if you see my veggie oil truck, it has rubber hoses running EVERYWHERE! Gonna try to be cleaner on this vehicle.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #21
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Inlet and outlet. i am VERY happy with the look of the can! I got the stainless braided hoses too because, well, if you see my veggie oil truck, it has rubber hoses running EVERYWHERE! Gonna try to be cleaner on this vehicle.

Beautiful piece of Engineering
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #22
KirkH

UPDATE: Switching to a dual exit after working with Elite to install. I will be measuring the ID of the hoses so Elite can get the accessories together accurately. Fit is great. Looks awesome! Pics to follow
Old 08-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #23
KirkH

Old 08-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #24
pjz1082

Looks great for sure! Thanks for sharing and keep them coming! Elite will sell a bunch of these once you get all the kinks worked out for us
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #25
PolynesianPowerhouse

Good stuffor pjz1082. I'm right behind ya...just got mine today and gonna start the plumbing in about an hour.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #26
cellsafemode

My catch can on the clean side looks clean still. Tubing looks clean basically as well. Checked the dirty side tube. Bone dry and clean as well. Took a picture. Is this not normal ? Are you guys seeing oil and such on the dirty side tube where it meets the air bridge?

the right side of this image is the bottom of the tube going into the air intake bridge. rubbed it with my finger and it wasn't even covered in carbon soot.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #27
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
My catch can on the clean side looks clean still. Tubing looks clean basically as well. Checked the dirty side tube. Bone dry and clean as well. Took a picture. Is this not normal ? Are you guys seeing oil and such on the dirty side tube where it meets the air bridge?

the right side of this image is the bottom of the tube going into the air intake bridge. rubbed it with my finger and it wasn't even covered in carbon soot.
yup, I removed that rubber coupler and if you run your finger inside, oil residue. looked clean, but for me, it wasn't. been driving hard. car is barely 4 months old, 11,400+ miles and 1 autoX school completed

Old 08-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #28
cellsafemode

mine had no oil at all. not even any real carbon buildup when I ran my finger around the opening you see there.

mine has around 3500 miles on it. Basically same number of months as yours. My commute to work is about 4.5 miles. Lots of stop and go acceleration but i'm not seeing what you're seeing.

Are you still running the stock paper filter? Maybe lower pressure behind the paper filter is making that vacuum some of the oil into the pipe before it can separate out. I've had a K&N drop-in filter (still waiting for them to call me in for the finished cai) for almost 100% of my driving in the car.