Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-07-2016, 04:15 AM   #15
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
yes. if you move the sensor like when the engine was built. if you replace the ecm or sometimes even just unhooking the battery sometimes. Iv seen the battery thing work on a Silverado.
Wow that's crazy, I never knew about that. I'm going to figure out why my fuel pump isn't priming, and if it still doesn't run that's going to be next on my list. HopefullyiI don't have to pay the dealer to do that
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #16
booneSS13

Okay so I checked the schrader valve and fuel shot out, so I'm definitely getting fuel pressure.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #17
davgoat

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
I just installed a different engine in my theft recovery 2011 SS ( Engine Tran. taken)and took it to the dealer on trailer to have all the modules set up. Took the car home and I got a code of P0315 for crankshaft position relearn. The car would not run more then 1-2 seconds and shut off. Talked to the mechanic at the dealer and he said the crankshaft relearn would not cause the problem but will have to bring it back for them to clear the P0315.

I did not have the intake box hooked up the throttle body because only had the top half of the intake box with the Mass Air flow sensor sitting on top the engine.
Got the complete intake box and installed it and car started right up and did not shut down anymore but ran rough because of the P0315 code.

If you do not have the Mass Air Flow Sensor in the air stream going into the throttle body the ECM senses no air and shuts the engine down so there is no damage

Hope this helps you out.
davgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:50 AM   #18
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Also something to double check is that all of your grounds are connected you would be surprised one ground with a little tiny wire can screw the whole system up.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:13 PM   #19
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davgoat View Post
I just installed a different engine in my theft recovery 2011 SS ( Engine Tran. taken)and took it to the dealer on trailer to have all the modules set up. Took the car home and I got a code of P0315 for crankshaft position relearn. The car would not run more then 1-2 seconds and shut off. Talked to the mechanic at the dealer and he said the crankshaft relearn would not cause the problem but will have to bring it back for them to clear the P0315.

I did not have the intake box hooked up the throttle body because only had the top half of the intake box with the Mass Air flow sensor sitting on top the engine.
Got the complete intake box and installed it and car started right up and did not shut down anymore but ran rough because of the P0315 code.

If you do not have the Mass Air Flow Sensor in the air stream going into the throttle body the ECM senses no air and shuts the engine down so there is no damage

Hope this helps you out.
That makes a lot of sense seeing as I just have my maf sensor plugged in but not installed on the intake. I'm about to go outside and give this a try right now!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #20
booneSS13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Also something to double check is that all of your grounds are connected you would be surprised one ground with a little tiny wire can screw the whole system up.
I'm going to check those again those grounds are a pain! I wish they didn't make them so small to wwhere it's nearlyiimpossible to find them
Old 05-07-2016, 09:32 PM   #21
booneSS13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davgoat View Post

Hope this helps you out.
Thanks you were absolutely right! I installed my intake and put the maf housing on it and it fired right up. It's amazing how sensitive these sensors are. Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #22
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Uhh...

Maf sensor has to have air flowing across it, and that is what the car uses to determine fuel. If it isn't in the intake, it will detect zero air, and then spray zero fuel. So of course it needs to be in the intake stream.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #23
davgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Uhh...

Maf sensor has to have air flowing across it, and that is what the car uses to determine fuel. If it isn't in the intake, it will detect zero air, and then spray zero fuel. So of course it needs to be in the intake stream.

Not true I have run a lot different cars without the MAF sensor in the intake airflow they run but rough. Ever manufacture is different
Old 05-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #24
davgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by booneSS13 View Post
Thanks you were absolutely right! I installed my intake and put the maf housing on it and it fired right up. It's amazing how sensitive these sensors are. Thanks again!

Great glad it worked out for you

Tags
cam tune, new engine, problems, won't start