Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #15
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The C7 is nothing more than a updated C5. That's not only my opinion, but a direct quote from a top Corvette Team executive. I was shocked she was so honest and direct, which is a complete departure from past/current executives in her team. But, this was a private conversation with all industry people
I call BS on this statement.

'She' is not being 'direct and honest' - she sounds ignorant.

If this person really said this, she knows nothing about the massive differences between a C5 vs a C6, much less the C5 vs the C7. She sounds like someone who is disenfranchised and should not have the job she has on the Corvette Team because the C7 is worlds apart from the C6 and the C5, while a great car in its own right, is from another galaxy.

And, because some idiot makes a stupid statement like that does not, in any way, make it a fact. Just go look at both cars and drive them and then decide.

A two seater sports car vs a 4 seat pony car? A good choice to have but they are far from the same.

Yes, this question was asked on a Camaro forum and everyone expects the answers will be primarily to go with the G6 Camaro. It is indeed an awesome car and in many ways, equivalent to the C7 Vette.

But - it is not a C7.

So, to each his own. Buy what you like and enjoy it.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #16
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
The problem is that the prices that used Corvette owners are demanding for their cars are INSANE.
F them.
I bought a NEW Camaro SS for LESS and got a better street car in my opinion, especially for daily driving.
I DD my C7 and would disagree wholeheartedly that you got the better street car.

Most people here are going to tell you all the reasons they'd get a Gen 6.

Post this question on a C7 forum and you'll get all the reasons they bought a C7.

OP: I was in your exact position. I test drove both. And bought the C7.

That said, I don't need a back seat. I have another 'winter' vehicle, so my C7 is my DD when it's not snowing / snow on the roads.

So you'll have to weigh the pro's and con's of each, and what you're looking for. Do you can about paper performance? Rarity? Looks? Usefulness? Back seats? Can you find exactly the options you want at the price you want? If you *really* want a C7, can you save $ up for another year to get your dream car, so to speak? (I did, it SUCKED, but then I went and bought a brand new 2016 C7 optioned exactly how I wanted it).

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #17
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I had a 15 C7 Z51 and now a 16 SS. They both have a lot going for them with very few negatives. If you can get into a C7 for the same price as a new SS I'd say go with the C7 unless there is some emotional attachment to the SS. If you are comparing new to new and economics must be considered then definitely SS. TQ/HP wise it is right there with the C7 so where you'd be sacrificing is a bit on suspension type, drivetrain robustness, and weight. I'm 6' 4" and the front seating space is definitely greater in the SS but the C7 has much more of a cockpit feel to it which I do miss. Trunk cargo capacity? SS wins but not by any meaningful amount.

Tough call but I don't think you can go wrong with either. The Vette was more responsive handling wise than my SS but I don't road race so a nonissue for me.

Have you considered renting a C7 for a day from Avis or elsewhere? It might be worth the expense considering the level of money involved in this decision.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #18
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I don't think there is any question the Stingray is a better car, but there is a significant price difference and the Camaro does have some advantages.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I don't think there is any question the Stingray is a better car, but there is a significant price difference and the Camaro does have some advantages.

It all depends upon what you want. The C7 is not the Camaro and the Camaro is not the C7. Each has its own advantages and both are great cars.

I'm considering a new 2SS myself only because the Camaro is easier to get into and out of.

Good luck to the OP in the search.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Trust me , it's not, it's got it's own foilbles, and quirks. And they both have lousy paint.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:41 AM   #21
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
Have you driven both? Driving both is a must, after which you'll have your own answer.
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #22
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
1LE for sure..
Old 03-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #23
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
I've bought 2 C6 Corvettes. Had to get rid of the last one because it was no longer practical for me to have with a child. I bought the first one while deployed and made 2 payments on it before I even picked it up from the dealership. In my opinion this shouldn't even be a question. If you can live without all the extra creature comforts that a 1lt C7 won't have compared to the Camaro then get the Corvette. I would have a C7 if I didn't absolutely need a backseat.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #24
Z06Vette

Drives: 2009 Z06 ..sold
The Corvette to own (still) is the C5 Z06. Absolutely the best Vette I ever owned...to include my 2009 Z06! I'm looking for one now. The Camaro is a nice car, I've driven 2 in 6 speed and A8 form. The new C7 is VERY expensive and used ones (on the corvette forum anyway) are seriously overpriced used cars.

My .02 ... Buy the Camaro, look for a low mile C5 or...drive an A8 S/P or SRT Challenger. Different car but a real nice option. I'm completely on the fence between a low mile Z and Challenger at this point. Dealers will not move on Camaro SS pricing...I will wait a couple of years & buy one when the lots are flooded with them. Best of luck to you!
Z06Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #25
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Test drive both of them and see which one "speaks" to you. Keep in mind the C7 has a different frame, and the suspension is tuned differently...expect a harsher ride compared to the Camaro.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #26
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Corvette with out a doubt. OP you sound a lot like me, to where you have always had a thing for Corvettes. You have no kids/wife or anything so if you can get the vette, get the vette.

IMO

Corvette > Camaro
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #27
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
The problem is that the prices that used Corvette owners are demanding for their cars are INSANE.
F them.
I bought a NEW Camaro SS for LESS and got a better street car in my opinion, especially for daily driving.
You mean, Corvette buyers are preventing their cars from depreciating at all cost?

Got Forbid.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #28
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
You mean, Corvette buyers are preventing their cars from depreciating at all cost?

Got Forbid.
good on them, if only new camaro 6th gen owners will do the same
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote