Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody2399 View Post
After seeing the 6th gen I am so happy that I have not upgraded to a 5th gen v8. I was really thinking about doing it for awhile now that my financial situation is much better than working at fast food last year.

I will definitely be getting a 16 ss it is now just a matter of what color and when these things hit the lots.

Chevy did an amazing job with these cars and I am so happy to be able to be apart of this next generation.
You did the right thing, for sure. There have been many discussions regarding people who thought about jumping on the sales and specials on the '14 and '15 Camaros. Many members here advised those considering a new 5th Gen to just be patient and wait for the 6th Gen reveal. Hopefully, like yourself, most of those folks did wait and are now glad they did - the 6th Gen is quite a car for sure and I suspect there will be even better bargains on the Gen 5s in the very near future.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #16
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and order a 15 1LE before the reveal. I'm definitely getting a 16 SS
Thor142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #17
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
In a nutshell...

The good:

I do like the fact that this gen Camaro has shrunk appreciably in overall and size and weight. I definitely like the range in powertrains (aside from the curious lack of the C7's 7-speed manual for the SS, which doesn't really bother me) and standard Brembos, as well as MRC availability in the SS.

The interior also looks a damn bit better than the Gen5, IMO. Exterior-wise, I really like the way the car looks from the sides.

I also like that this car will hopefully keep Ford and FCA from resting on their laurels...

The bad:

As much as I like the exterior from the profile view, I'm not really feeling the front or back end.

I don't mind the upper grille and headlight arrangement, but the lower front grille looks way too big, nor do I like the grille pattern, especially on the SS. I'm also not a fan of the overall shape of the front end; it looks too convoluted for my tastes.

With regards to the rear end styling, I think I actually like the shape of the taillights, especially compared to the 14-15 Gen 5. However, like the front end, I'm not crazy about the shape overall, especially the rear bumper, as well as the rear wing on the SS (hopefully that bit isn't standard or can be optionally deleted).

I also don't like some of the smaller details, such as the SS/RS badging, which seem to be be placed haphazardly on the lower front grille and rear bumper.

Overall:

With regards to the Gen 6's size, mechanicals, interior and overall exterior lines, I like it quite a lot and it should be a hell of a car to drive. However, the front/back end styling needs a lot of work, in my opinion.

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #18
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
To General Motor/Chevrolet: Thank you for allowing consumers/enthusiasts to participate in the reveal yesterday. That went above and beyond expectations for you to provide such accommodations to all of us. Congratulations on a tremendous new product. I will own one. I am sure the Camaro Team faced many challenging moments over the past three years in developing this new car. Collaboration on the level required to produce a new product, as intricate as an automobile, takes team work and a commitment from leadership. The fruits of your labor were on display yesterday and it was tremendous, from this consumer’s perspective. Well done!

To The Oshawa Build Team: Thank you for building such awesome 5th Gen Camaros. I have personally owned 4 of them and each one was trouble free. Thanks for your commitment to excellence. Thanks to Mike Judge for representing the Oshawa team to the Camaro community. The dedication and passion of the Oshawa team is second to none. Lansing has big shoes to fill for the 6th Gen.

To the progressive 5th Gen owners: The new car takes some styling features from the 5th generation and employ them in exquisite fashion. The styling is really incredible in person. I consider myself a relatively objective person and my first word was “WOW” when they rolled them out yesterday. After spending time talking to Camaro team members it is clear this new car is going to be better in every way. There is genuine excitement and confidence in this. Exterior styling, size, weight, interior style and amenities, performance, handling, and overall experience are all better. You will not be disappointed when you move out of your 5th Gen and into your 6th Gen. I am hopeful for a high HP Zxx model and will wait for that.

To the patient person that sat out of 5th Gen: You will be rewarded for your patience. This car will be more to the heritage of Camaro, with a smaller more nimble feel. This couple with more power and torque will prove to be a potent combination. This car will turn heads and will be rewarding to drive.

To the “sun rises and sets with the 5th Gen Camaro” owner: Be happy with your 5th Gen Camaro. It’s a great car. It will continue to be a great car. Enjoy it. But…please spare us the rhetoric about why you are staying with your 5th Gen because you don’t like this or that on the 6th Gen. This new car will be better and that’s ok. Please try to get over that.

I think this was an uncommonly classy post, and I agree 100%

Not "dorky" at all.... "Bro..."

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #19
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I just opened an account on mustangg6.com & introduced myself. The first response I got under the "2016 Camaro will outdo the mustang" thread was pretty stupid. I basically said that there are fanboys on each thread, that I liked the colors on mustang & challengers, I didn't care about racing & I was probably gonna get a 2016 vert.

the first response was "and the point of this comment is?"

talk about unfriendly - not even a "welcome to the site" or anything like that. And that guy "thepill" - he's the kind of idiot that NEITHER of these sites need.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
I just opened an account on mustangg6.com & introduced myself. The first response I got under the "2016 Camaro will outdo the mustang" thread was pretty stupid. I basically said that there are fanboys on each thread, that I liked the colors on mustang & challengers, I didn't care about racing & I was probably gonna get a 2016 vert.

the first response was "and the point of this comment is?"

talk about unfriendly - not even a "welcome to the site" or anything like that. And that guy "thepill" - he's the kind of idiot that NEITHER of these sites need.
Hah. I'm not surprised.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #21
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
With the 5th gen Camaro...I got used to the grunt, it's muscle, it's honor the 1st gen Camaro. With the 6th gen Camaro...I saw a refined, more athletic type of car that still honors the 1st and 5th gen Camaros. I like muscle and that's what the 5th gen evokes, but the 6th gen, I see pure beauty and speed that I like also. So I might as well get both. Great job Chevy and thank you to the Camaro team. I'm gonna be a poor man soon, but happy.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #22
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Sorry...but I thought the reveal was kind of LAME!

Let's show the new car the day before on same stupid news show...the Camaro demographic does not watch...then have a few people out to an event all day long that many drove or traveled hundreds of miles to go to and see the same very car that was shown the day before.

LAME
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Yeah compared to what we saw on Saturday the CNBC reveal was nothing. How many people did complete 180s on their opinion Saturday afternoon?
Old 05-18-2015, 10:22 PM   #24
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
6th gen will make the 5th gen obsolete in performance, looks are subjective. Chevy did a great job.
i beg to differ.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:31 PM   #25
BuckeyeChevy2

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Performance will go to the Camaro 6 imo
Looks and appeal will go to the Camaro 5 imo
BuckeyeChevy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:28 AM   #26
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
The softer styling is starting to grow on me. I am excited about the new platform and what it should offer. The next ZL1 should be pretty amazing.

Timed my return to the forums with the reveal of the 6th gen Camaro. Perhaps one day we can all focus on the cars and leave our ego's at the login screen.

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:49 AM   #27
EsteSS

Drives: 2010 SS
Not feeling it in looks. As far as performance, does anyone really buy a CAMARO for STOCK performance??? I though purchasing a Camaro was for a cheap toy that doesn't break the bank to modify. Seems ridiculous to start a war from Gen5 to Gen6.

When it all comes down to it, it's what body style works best for you. I know personally guys in 98 TA's that will knock the nutts off of new Corevettes. And I will LOVE the look I get from guys (or gals) in the Gen6 when they see My "looks like stock" Gen5 walk away from them.

Wait for GM to give you real power..... you'll be waiting a LONG time.
Custom Long Tube Headers - Straight Pipes
Self Tuned with HP Tuners
EsteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:15 AM   #28
kdepew

Drives: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
Size and weight reductions are great. Improved interior is great. I don't think it looks as good as the 2013 and previous Gen5 Camaros (I hated what they did to the back of the 2014). The front looks fine except the lower intake "looks" too big (it isn't really as big as it looks, but they used black plastic to make it look bigger). They were clearly catering to the recent trend of cars having gaping holes (fake) in the front. Not nearly as bad as some cars, but it would look better if not so large. The back looks better than the 2014. It actually looks good, but it is much more "generic" looking than the 2013 and previous.

My overall view is that it is OK. I'm not blown away by it like I was when the Gen5 came out. I think the decision between the new Camaro and new Mustang is now tough (unless you are a die hard of either brand).
kdepew is offline   Reply With Quote