Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-16-2015, 07:34 AM   #15
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
When I saw the latest Ford Mustang for the very first time I thought it was the worst looking 'Stang ever!! IMO, Waaaay to "European" for an American muscle car. Now that I've seen a thousand of them on the roads in Detroit their look has grown on me & I have to admit I think they look great! Initially though I hated them.

As for the 6th gen Camaro, I find myself with that same feeling of initial disappointment but hope that it will grow on me as I see more of them live on the streets. New lights definitely look stunning to me…
Old 05-16-2015, 07:58 AM   #16
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The orange one View Post
This is kinda funny
I remember about 9 years ago I was on this site looking at the first pictures of the 5 Gen .And some of the things like the rear taillights and the front end we all had doubts.But the car grows on you and we all are going to want one
I totally agree with you. The very first time I saw a fifth gen Camaro on the road I was blown away by its style and looks but as it passed me I wanted to vomit because those rear taillights looked hideous to me! Over time they grew on me and I'm now the proud owner of a 2013 Camaro. I'm thrilled too because it's a '13 & those same rear taillights are, IMO, the best looking taillights on all 5th Gens!

Apparently, the only person on earth who actually likes a change is a baby with a messy diaper.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #17
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
yeah the 2010 rear lights look better imho
I agree. They set the car apart. 2014 and up look like almost everything else on the road:
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #18
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I realized that in the dark, the silhouette of the back lights on the '14+ look like the '10-'13.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #19
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
LOL so now the refresh guys bash and look over the 6th gen....... Oh lookie its kind of like they put corvette tail lights on it, and they just added a slash to the rear and the front they just added more lights and that's not cool....LOL I for one knew what the next gen of Camaro was going to look like and picked a 13 as the height of the gen 5 and I like the looks of the refresh and even the new 6th gen yet I can remember people fawning over the refresh and us telling them our body style is better...lol What comes around goes around, and what will dodge invent besides new grills?

In all fairness: its a Camaro, has a lot of the same shape, its hood with its non cowl bulge and air vent look kind of weird and they did do a lot of restyle to make it more new age and its about lost 50% of its retro flair unless your into the side view which they changed the "swoop" around and that's just MEHHHH not so cool and could have done with out that. Yes the taillights need some chrome trim around them to match the vette...LOL

But the biggest thing will be the new engine with more stock power yet we that are in the know is the new lt1 and maybe some other combos never seen before as our liberal run EPA shoves new CAFE standards down our throat beginning 2017 along with new oil formulations coming out. Yes the engines are all VVT, and that's something to have to deal with for people to learn to have to spend that extra cash to get the go around. And while the ls1-ls3 have parts they can share what will it have? only the future will tell and Vette owners are already modding them.

In life change is inevitable and its got to take interest away from the mustang guys, and as usual dodge is kind of slow... to react ...they come out before hand with heavy Hellcat that's already on the most troublesome platform for repairs and make it up to 700 h.p. stock for their day in the sun, and forget you have to pull the engine to change plugs, or turn it to 700 h.p. and drink a gallon a minute....lol

That's why the old Mopar had a raise in prices for classics for a while back as they were more rare and yes back in the day we thought: what a fugly boat with a huge engine that's totally more of a pain. Yes elephant blocks, kind of like the 5.0 block is compared to our LS engines.. taking up space in the engine compartment that busts your knuckles big time.

Taste is subjective, and beauty just as perception is in the eye of the beholder. We compare our cars we know and love to the new one and go Yuck or Sweet. They did add lighting to highlight it that's nice, they have a sort of different air in scoop where the lower fogs were that's nice, and over all its not FUGLY, and comes with more base H.P. and I am sure the latest bells and whistles. I do not care for the huge lower grill with the SS badge on it now just as I thought the 14-15 lower grill could have been done more tasteful, yet it is what it is. And it still can be chosen over its rivals as the more buildable,( more taste subjective), and more reliable sport car/muscle car until the government kills them. I can remember when I was the only one at work daily driving a Camaro, now there are like ten and its not so uncommon, and we all know owning the exact same car as someone else is not so special. SO here is to the New kid on the block, may he turn some heads and then turn them back to us and have them say .....yah I liked the 69 1/2 best....... lol And BTW 416 or 427 stroker is coming my way next month. Yup, I am going torque.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #20
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
I like the 2016 but they need to remove and redesign rear bumper crease before it goes into production. Keeping my 2015 1LT RS.
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #21
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I agree. They set the car apart. 2014 and up look like almost everything else on the road:
I agree completely! I can't get over the prelude looking lights of the 14-15. I've looked into upgrading and those tail lights keep stopping me. I like everything else about those year models though.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:08 AM   #22
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Don't know what GM was thinking of with the refresh Nice to keep the tail light bashing going on
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #23
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Haven't they learned from the 14-15 models? Those tail lights on the refresh were the worst thing to come out for the 5th gen now they do something similar on the 6th gen. Just don't get it. This has to be a joke.
The 14-15 tailights have always looked better to me but I guess guys with earlier Camaro's are biased.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:14 AM   #24
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Don't know what GM was thinking of with the refresh Nice to keep the tail light bashing going on

The 14-15 tailight bashing never ends with some of these 10-13 guys....I get sick of reading about it actually...
Old 05-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #25
B_Rian

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
I realized that in the dark, the silhouette of the back lights on the '14+ look like the '10-'13.
I agree. When I see the '14-'15 models on the road from afar (non-RS), I always think they're the '10-'13 models until I get a bit closer. The stance from a far even looks a bit like the Stingray, especially with the larger diffuser
B_Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #26
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIanB View Post
I like the 2016 but they need to remove and redesign rear bumper crease before it goes into production. Keeping my 2015 1LT RS.
I am reserving my judgement for the most part until I see one in person. I didnt like the new Mustang but when I saw a 5.0 in person all of that changed. Photos dont always do a car justice.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:30 AM   #27
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I am reserving my judgement for the most part until I see one in person. I didnt like the new Mustang but when I saw a 5.0 in person all of that changed. Photos dont always do a car justice.
^^^THIS...
Old 05-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #28
Midknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 6MT *black*
I'm love hating the exterior. I'm glad I decided to not wait for the 2016 and the spy shots served me well. Not gonna lie though I'm feeling a little jealous at interior teases:

• All-new, driver-focused interior with intuitive controls, flat-bottom steering wheel, and high quality materials throughout

As for the debate for the 10-13 vs 14-15 tail lights? The 10-13 tail lights and front design were what was stopping me from pulling the trigger for 5 years when I first saw the concept. They don't look like what I think of when I hear the word Camaro: the tail lights of a 1969. I still like the 10-13 and it's a good incorporation and redesign of the two different generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Totally agree. I didn't notice the corner of the top of the rear fender until I got up close looking from the front. Pictures just can't capture good lines no matter what the color is(unless you know what to look for and the photographer knows lighting).

Last edited by Midknight; 05-16-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote