Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 09-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #15
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
Lol never understood why people get mad at getting caught..you did it.. Own it.

A class at Harvard once said the majority of people's conscience is only derived from consequence.. There is no actual good.. But the fear of doing bad..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is kind of like:

Integrity - it's what you do when no one is watching.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #16
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Lol never understood why people get mad at getting caught..you did it.. Own it.

A class at Harvard once said the majority of people's conscience is only derived from consequence.. There is no actual good.. But the fear of doing bad..

A 'class at Harvard' said something. So you take their word for it... why? Just because they were attending Harvard? Don't assume that people are smarter than you are or that education at a prestigious institution equals infallibility. Make your own determinations.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #17
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
This is what is going to happen. You are going to say it is illegal to be on private property when ticketing unless the cop had permission to be there. Then the police force will harass the kwik mart owner so he states the officer has approval of being there. Or maybe not harass maybe even give him something in return for stating the officer could be there. Like a bribe.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #18
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
A 'class at Harvard' said something. So you take their word for it... why? Just because they were attending Harvard? Don't assume that people are smarter than you are or that education at a prestigious institution equals infallibility. Make your own determinations.

lol.. I was the one listening to the professor ..and honestly agree with it fully. Lack of integrity abounds many

Integrity is the ability to do the right thing when no one is watching..

Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #19
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post
Because it is illegal for the cop to be on private property ticketing people.

Sorry but no it's not. They can hide on private property all they want, it's not illegal in any state for them to do so.

They can not however give you a ticket if you are on private property when you do it unless the owner files a complaint.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #20
jcamaro37f

Lastly,

Just try your best to get it knocked down/ less points on license/ option of driving school.

Going there with aims at pointing the finger at the LEO will not go very far - as others have said above the judge will most likely agree with them. Regardless of where they were parked, you still committed the infraction.

With that being said, you can try to get the fine reduced, reason with the judge, and possibly have a better outcome. Doing the former may just aggravate the judge and he won't take time to hear you then send you on your way.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #21
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
lol.. I was the one listening to the professor ..and honestly agree with it fully. Lack of integrity abounds many

Integrity is the ability to do the right thing when no one is watching..

Your professor sounds excessively cynical.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #22
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
This is what is going to happen. You are going to say it is illegal to be on private property when ticketing unless the cop had permission to be there. Then the police force will harass the kwik mart owner so he states the officer has approval of being there. Or maybe not harass maybe even give him something in return for stating the officer could be there. Like a bribe.
Dont believe everything you see in movies
Old 09-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #23
jcamaro37f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Your professor sounds excessively cynical.

yeah I know but it's interesting to take into account a lot of people's interior motivations for doing certain things.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #24
craigk

Drives: 2012 SS L99
I guess I'm old fasion. It's our job to run & theres to chase, LOL.
But really, a traffic violation. Pay that shit man. I'd be ashamed to go before a judge and say, yes the officer witnessed me breaking the law BUT....It's just to petty to waste the courts time with.
Now I'm not typically a fan of LE, but lets say the officer was in the same location and witnessed a serious crime. Say, you getting robed or you car getting vandelized. And what kwicky mart retailer talks shit to the cops. They WILL need them @ some point, more than once, & trust me, If they don't think you want them around, there responce time will reflect it. Everyone gives them free coffee for a reason.
In my opion LE keeps the morons in check which allows the rest of us to live in peace. Occationally some of us will slip, do something stupid, & have to interact with them. I know a few cops & you have to remember that they deal with trash all day & it's hard to turn that switch off at will. If you want a good example of the general public, look around the next time your @ the DMV.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #25
jcamaro37f

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
I guess I'm old fasion. It's our job to run & theres to chase, LOL.
But really, a traffic violation. Pay that shit man. I'd be ashamed to go before a judge and say, yes the officer witnessed me breaking the law BUT....It's just to petty to waste the courts time with.
Now I'm not typically a fan of LE, but lets say the officer was in the same location and witnessed a serious crime. Say, you getting robed or you car getting vandelized. And what kwicky mart retailer talks shit to the cops. They WILL need them @ some point, more than once, & trust me, If they don't think you want them around, there responce time will reflect it. Everyone gives them free coffee for a reason.
In my opion LE keeps the morons in check which allows the rest of us to live in peace. Occationally some of us will slip, do something stupid, & have to interact with them. I know a few cops & you have to remember that they deal with trash all day & it's hard to turn that switch off at will. If you want a good example of the general public, look around the next time your @ the DMV.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #26
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I worked at a convenience store in a badart of town when I got out of high school many years ago. I was toldvtonoffer or give he police whatever they were buying in order to get them to come by more often. No officer ever took even a free coffee let alone a luch or more.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #27
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
OP you have no defense. LEOs are allowed to run radar from private property or a private drive way.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #28
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
yeah I know but it's interesting to take into account a lot of people's interior motivations for doing certain things.

Oh definitely. It's a long and storied debate for another day though.
Closed Thread