Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I will say that unless something monumental changes, I will not ever own a Ford or Chrysler product. I am the first to admit when the competitors product is better, but it does not mean I would buy one. These battles are cyclical. One manufacturer is in the lead for a while, then the other is. If your brand of choice does not offer what you want at a given moment, then just wait a while and things will change. The Mustang GT 500 seemed like a response to the ZL1, and the 1LE was a response to the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. I do not know what Chrysler is waiting on, but there is a fair chance that the 2015 Mustang will have an advantage over the Camaro line until the 2016 Camaro Gen 6's come out.
Things are different than in the old days when Ford made huge interchangeability mistakes that gave GM (Chevrolet) a huge advantage for the at home enthusiast. That is where my loyalty was born, and it still is alive. So I guess I am a "fanboy" as you guys call them....just one that realizes that being a fan of something does not always mean you are always on top! Oh and by the way, friends don't let friends drive Fords!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Ha, head over to challengertalk.com if you really want to see some Camaro hating.
Personal experience: I find that the Challenger guys tend to be the "low information voters" of the pony car wars.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #17
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Say what you want about Ford but if it wasnt for Ford and vice versa we wouldnt have the cars we have. Its that simple.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
FYI, Ford borrowed money against their Blue Oval logo, thats where their loan came from and they didnt borrow no where near what GM did, in fact GM borrowed $52 billion dollars, thats over $300,000 for ever man, woman and child in the USA. GM has yet to repay all of the money and refuses to repay $10 billion, so thats nothing to be proud of. Ford repaid their loan and not to the govt but to banks and owns their Blue Oval again which was done about 7 years ago.
How many of those banks Ford borrowed from took a bailout?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #19
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilibustaRhymes View Post
Personal experience: I find that the Challenger guys tend to be the "low information voters" of the pony car wars.
Yeah, it's frustrating being a member there. Such a nice looking car though. And the 2015 interior refresh IMO puts it at the head of the pack... As far as interior is concerned anyway.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #20
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
I usually do not. I agree Camaro is better and take Chevy over Ford but here is my big thing.

It is not the 70's anymore. GM/Ford/Mopar need to stop battling. I like to band together with my fellow muscle car enthusiasts, drivers of large american trucks and those who have a passion for the big three and hate on the damn asian imports. I can let the europeans slide, I enjoy some of their cars, but its time for the Camaro and the Mustang to stand side by side and blow tire smoke at idiot 22 year olds blasting Pitbull from their god awful Hyundai Genesis'
Im with ya on the Ford, Chevy standing together. Our so called argument isnt with each other anymore its against the flood of cheap imports.

I grew up in a Ford family however I love Chevrolet and Ford and there isnt a damn thing wrong with that. So I guess that makes me a Chevy-Ford fanboy

And all the argument about loans, buyouts etc etc, its GM's, Ford's and Chrysler's own fault they got in the situation they did. They built crap cars for years and thought they had the automotive world by the balls and they finally woke up to the fact they didnt and it was ALMOST too late for all of them....

Last edited by Muscle Car Memories; 04-30-2014 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
How many of those banks Ford borrowed from took a bailout?
Im not sure, but GM's bailout money came from the Chinese which is where the US govt gets its money to operate day to day
Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #22
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I get what your saying mainly like Prius or hybrid owners I see more smugness from them than anyone else. Me I'm a Chevy guy family built race cars chevy engines always drove Chevys ect. I've owned a bit of everything ford, Mazda, Mitsubishi I'm just more comfortable with chevy. It's always the guys that get mad when a little crap talk is exchanged they get super butt hurt and talk the most s*#t.
I do notice the Prius guys..or the honda fit guys give me the look. A guy I work with drives a honda fit. I took my car to work on mon...I drove past him in the parking lot. He waved for me to stop....I put down my window ..he said point blank, you know how much gas your using up with this thing..the world needs less of these cars , not more. I stared right at a him...then pointed to his car. I then said , we need more guys like you driving cars like that. It not only saves gas and is good for the environment ..but it also let's more guys like me drive cars like mine. That was the end of the discussion.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I do notice the Prius guys..or the honda fit guys give me the look. A guy I work with drives a honda fit. I took my car to work on mon...I drove past him in the parking lot. He waved for me to stop....I put down my window ..he said point blank, you know how much gas your using up with this thing..the world needs less of these cars , not more. I stared right at a him...then pointed to his car. I then said , we need more guys like you driving cars like that. It not only saves gas and is good for the environment ..but it also let's more guys like me drive cars like mine. That was the end of the discussion.
When I see a Prius it just makes me want to drive faster...
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #24
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
I usually do not. I agree Camaro is better and take Chevy over Ford but here is my big thing.

It is not the 70's anymore. GM/Ford/Mopar need to stop battling. I like to band together with my fellow muscle car enthusiasts, drivers of large american trucks and those who have a passion for the big three and hate on the damn asian imports. I can let the europeans slide, I enjoy some of their cars, but its time for the Camaro and the Mustang to stand side by side and blow tire smoke at idiot 22 year olds blasting Pitbull from their god awful Hyundai Genesis'

Hey, easy now im 29 and drive a genesis coupe too (ok i dont blast pitbull though). But i also drive a 2013 ls3 2ss/rs, 09 Z06, 2012 f250 diesel, g8 gt, and looking at something else
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #25
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
I purchased my car for me, period. I wasn't put on this earth to please a ford fanboy.

My car fits my intended purpose the best for the budget I had...if someone doesn't like it, they can kick rocks...
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #26
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarabas View Post
Mopar is owned by Fiat. All I need today to shut them up :-D
Now wait a minute I happen to own a 1981 124 spyder. It was a pretty good little car.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #27
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
My dad and I get into the same thing. I prefer GM products, and him and mom prefer ford and lincoln products. They for some reason associate GM with Obama. I don't bother getting into arguments with people over which manufacturer I like. I like what I like, and that's it. I'm not immune to change. In fact, I really like change. I love shaking things up and trying new things. it's part of the adventure of living this life that we all are living. But you know what, I love America, and I love Camaros and Corvettes (even the ones that only had like 150hp).
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #28
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
The bailout is an odd subject, mostly every manufacturer has taken money from the government in some form or another. Plus what's it been 5 years and GM paid back the agreed upon amount. If you're going to be a dick, at least be a smart one and pick something recent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It's not just the ford people, or gm people, or the dodge people, or the honda people etc etc. its the blind brand loyal fanboys I have a problem with. The ones who no matter what swear that their brand is better than the competition. the ones who swear they will never own a different brand then the one they currently own. The people who believe their preferred brand was touched by the hand of god are the ones I have a problem with.
I wouldn't say I'm a blind fanboy but I'm a diehard GM guy. GM has always treated my family right and I am really happy with their cars. The competition hasn't offered me something that I wanted as much as a GM but doesn't mean I still don't look at them. GM's just suit me, what I'm happy with, etc... I am aware of GM's faults and will give credit to other brands where needed. Above all else I am a car guy and will give respect where its due.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote