Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Sweetness
Old 04-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Lets get back to the sugar mama partplease tell us she's got some sugar mama friends
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #17
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954 Belair-man View Post
Lets get back to the sugar mama partplease tell us she's got some sugar mama friends
Stay focused and get your head in the game. My sugar mama has friends but they're all married to Sugar Daddies.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Those things look huge! Should flow like a river.

On my JBA shorts the front O2 sensor is just about 7" in front of the cat element, and JBA did a good job of keeping that distance very close to stock. So I'm thinking you've got some wiggle room on that front sensor placement.

Solo's rear sensor is 3 1/2" back, but on the stock cats there's only about 2 3/4" between the rear biscuit and center of the bung (let's see if the censor's let that print!). Anyway, it sounds like you've got some room to play with.

Let us hear/see the outcome!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Those things look huge! Should flow like a river.

On my JBA shorts the front O2 sensor is just about 7" in front of the cat element, and JBA did a good job of keeping that distance very close to stock. So I'm thinking you've got some wiggle room on that front sensor placement.

Solo's rear sensor is 3 1/2" back, but on the stock cats there's only about 2 3/4" between the rear biscuit and center of the bung (let's see if the censor's let that print!). Anyway, it sounds like you've got some room to play with.

Let us hear/see the outcome!
No doubt. Will be making some vids.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Well when I first started reading I felt bad for you but.....

Glad it is working for the best curious your comparison and thanks for the pick always wondered what the interior looked like.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
SIXJAK

These are just not going to work. Was a nice thot. Bmore you were right. In order to make enough clearance we'd have to put bends in the pipes and make these the lowest point of the car. Moreover the shop manager believes the setup would probably be prone to leaks and I'd just be making him more money.

So we just put the new band clamp on it and he didn't charge me anything.

IIMO, NOT A GOOD MOD FOR LT OWNERS.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well....it was worth a shot. Too bad it didn't work out :(
Old 04-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well....it was worth a shot. Too bad it didn't work out :(
We'll just have put that money towards other things...lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #24
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
awwww... :(
Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Til that last pic I hadn't noticed how high-n-tight your exhaust is!

Just went and took a second look at mine- I'm not lowered (SS springs), and my frame rails are about 5 1/2" off the ground at their lowest.

But those fat Solo resonators are running just 3 1/2" off the pavement!

Crap, I've been driving like I don't have a care, and haven't hit a thing. Now that I noticed, I'll probably tear the whole thing off tomorrow! LOL

Thanks for bringing this to my attention SIXJAK.

And SnoopyAce- I love those fan suits! Crack me up!!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Til that last pic I hadn't noticed how high-n-tight your exhaust is!

Just went and took a second look at mine- I'm not lowered (SS springs), and my frame rails are about 5 1/2" off the ground at their lowest.

But those fat Solo resonators are running just 3 1/2" off the pavement!

Crap, I've been driving like I don't have a care, and haven't hit a thing. Now that I noticed, I'll probably tear the whole thing off tomorrow! LOL

Thanks for bringing this to my attention SIXJAK.

And SnoopyAce- I love those fan suits! Crack me up!!

Where your fat resonators are on your setup is where the even fatter HFC's would be on mine. And in order to get enough clearance we would have had to mandrel bend the pipes. The shop's machine didn't have a bend that tight anyway and even if they did I would have had HFC's 2.5" off the ground lol. Oh well, I have 2.5" exhaust all the way through and hopefully it'll flow well enough for the supercharger.