Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #15
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
While it seems like a great idea in theory, in practice it completely sucks for the LFX guys. I'm on another forum that's specific to 5th gen v6s and they separated LLT and LFX. I hardly ever visit the site because I know nothing is being posted in the LFX section. There's hardly anything developed for the LFX, so having our own forum would just mean we'd have a ghost town all to ourselves and people would just resort to posting in the general area to get their threads answered.

On said forum, here's the difference between the LLT and LFX sections:

External Tech:
LLT - 137 topics with 2900 posts
LFX - 2 topics with 11 posts

Internal Tech:
LLT - 15 topics with 211 posts
LFX - 2 topics with 23 posts

While there IS erroneous information given between LLT and LFX, the case study to show that having a separate LFX forum wouldn't fix it is look at all the threads posted here in the v6 forum that have people with an SS coming in and posting the wrong information. That annoys me more since this is clearly a v6 section and then you get some guy with an SS giving wrong info.

Sadly, unless people specifically state in their post what car and engine they have, it's going to happen with the different engines and models.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #16
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
While it seems like a great idea in theory, in practice it completely sucks for the LFX guys. I'm on another forum that's specific to 5th gen v6s and they separated LLT and LFX. I hardly ever visit the site because I know nothing is being posted in the LFX section. There's hardly anything developed for the LFX, so having our own forum would just mean we'd have a ghost town all to ourselves and people would just resort to posting in the general area to get their threads answered.

On said forum, here's the difference between the LLT and LFX sections:

External Tech:
LLT - 137 topics with 2900 posts
LFX - 2 topics with 11 posts

Internal Tech:
LLT - 15 topics with 211 posts
LFX - 2 topics with 23 posts

While there IS erroneous information given between LLT and LFX, the case study to show that having a separate LFX forum wouldn't fix it is look at all the threads posted here in the v6 forum that have people with an SS coming in and posting the wrong information. That annoys me more since this is clearly a v6 section and then you get some guy with an SS giving wrong info.

Sadly, unless people specifically state in their post what car and engine they have, it's going to happen with the different engines and models.
I think you misunderstand, your car is new and therefor will be less posts as there aren't as many sold to date as the 2010-11 cars.

I was not meaning to put you on another planet, just concetrate your posts on bolt ons so you can work together to find out what is best for your cars as you have different mods and results.

Most of us here can give general information for the LFX, you guys really deserve to get a close network among your fellow LFX bretheren.

I think you would find that in time you would need less of a filter going through forums if you had a designated forum for your engine. I posted this because if I had just bought a 2012 camaro I would be frustrated with all the threads that didn't apply to me and would always be trying to find a thread that was useful. My thought was maybe you would have less volume early on for this forum, but it would be quality in the sense it would pertain to 2012 car at least.

LFX is the future for camaro and it will grow, it just takes some time to get the numbers. I would imagine the early 2010 guys would probably agree.

Last edited by OOLIE; 03-06-2012 at 10:18 PM.
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
I agree. We definitely need one. I bought the Vararam intake just to be told by KMPrenger that it wouldn't work with my 2012. I'm grateful for him because I wouldn't have known otherwise. Now I can cancel my order before it ships and not have to deal with sending it back.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I see both meissen's and OOLIE's points for sure. I agree with both to a certain extent, but have to side with OOLIE.

An an early 2010 owner...we didn't have crap going for us either for a long while. We had Cold air intakes and exhaust that was it. Then we had headers...and then a tune (which didn't even add any power at first)....and well now it has come a long way since then.

It will be a little tough and honestly probably a little boring mod-wise for you guys until the aftermarket catches up.

I have already had to correct either myself or other member's miss-information 2 or 3 times on the forum just this evening...so a sub forum would be nice.

Not sure if it helps, but you can bet I'll be browsing the LFX threads to help you guys out, and also see what interesting things are coming your way because it interests me a bunch.

You currently have some CAI and exhaust options, but you also have a tune option through Trifecta (I've heard of one 2012 owner thus far that might be tuning your new Delphi ECMs), and a ported throttle body should be on the way. Also I don't see why something like the SOLO HFCs wouldn't work for you guys.

In the end, whether they keep you guys here, or give you a seperate place I'm fine with either way, but we are going to have to start paying much more attention to the model year of the car when we give information.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
I agree. We definitely need one. I bought the Vararam intake just to be told by KMPrenger that it wouldn't work with my 2012. I'm grateful for him because I wouldn't have known otherwise. Now I can cancel my order before it ships and not have to deal with sending it back.
No problem man....and maybe ask them again if they have any development plans for the 2012 in the future. The more you guys ask about it, the faster they will get on it.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #20
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Yup. LFX requires its own sub forum just like the LSA requires one
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
I think you misunderstand, your car is new and therefor will be less posts as there aren't as many sold to date as the 2010-11 cars.

I was not meaning to put you on another planet, just concetrate your posts on bolt ons so you can work together to find out what is best for your cars as you have different mods and results.

Most of us here can give general information for the LFX, you guys really deserve to get a close network among your fellow LFX bretheren.

I think you would find that in time you would need less of a filter going through forums if you had a designated forum for your engine. I posted this because if I had just bought a 2012 camaro I would be frustrated with all the threads that didn't apply to me and would always be trying to find a thread that was useful. My thought was maybe you would have less volume early on for this forum, but it would be quality in the sense it would pertain to 2012 car at least.

LFX is the future for camaro and it will grow, it just takes some time to get the numbers. I would imagine the early 2010 guys would probably agree.
I understand what you mean, but right now with only two intakes available it just seems kinda moot to create a whole new forum when someone could just search or ask. There's a sticky right now for LLT v6 performance upgrades, maybe if we added one for LFX-specific mods it'd accomplish what we need. I don't necessarily think it will do any harm aside from barely any activity, so I guess ultimately I'm indifferent. I guess let's see if the mods create one and we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way or personally, but we shouldn't need a separate forum just because people can't do a simple search or research whether a product will work on their car or not. Not trying to be rude, but paying attention to the years listed on the product's page is kind of a give away.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"

Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way or personally, but we shouldn't need a separate forum just because people can't do a simple search or research whether a product will work on their car or not. Not trying to be rude, but paying attention to the years listed on the product's page is kind of a give away.
Well it's not a give away. In most cases, manufacturers don't update their product pages expeditiously when it comes to a new model year, especially when the exterior of the vehicle looks the EXACT same. However, in the case of the Camaro, while the vehicles look exactly the same on the exterior, there are internal differences, but most wouldn't know simply by looking. So, yes while the model year is an indicator, it is not a dead giveaway. With that being said, the LFX deserves its own subforum such that everything can be concentrated in one central location. Once manufacturers begin to add more support it will grow, but like all things, it will start off small.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
sebi1990

Drives: 2012 v6 LFX M6 Black Camaro
do it!
sebi1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #24
OOLIE

Quote:
I understand what you mean, but right now with only two intakes available it just seems kinda moot to create a whole new forum when someone could just search or ask. There's a sticky right now for LLT v6 performance upgrades, maybe if we added one for LFX-specific mods it'd accomplish what we need. I don't necessarily think it will do any harm aside from barely any activity, so I guess ultimately I'm indifferent. I guess let's see if the mods create one and we'll see what happens.

Your right, but the LLT guys are limited in what they can do for you period.

It seems you are more paranoid about participation. When you have to check the "title: car he drives" part of avatar everytime it is annoying.

Like KMP stated I would watch the LFX forums because I would like to see how your engine matures with mods.

Bottom line my life won't change either way I am not trying to push this on an agenda, but from my experience, which I credit to this site, I really think it is a mistake to keep mixing LFX and LLT.

More harm will be done to the LFX guys now, but the LLT guys will suffer in another year or two.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #25
OOLIE

I will say it is interesting the mods have not posted here. Stieger I guess is the unofficial v6 mod as he is the only one to post here regular. With Catman sending a message to them and Stieger posting during that duration on other threads I am curious why there isn't feedback from mods.

this has legs in the community and deserves better feedback from the mods.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #26
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Quote:
I will say it is interesting the mods have not posted here. Stieger I guess is the unofficial v6 mod as he is the only one to post here regular. With Catman sending a message to them and Stieger posting during that duration on other threads I am curious why there isn't feedback from mods.

this has legs in the community and deserves better feedback from the mods.
From what I've gathered, the mods have their own internal forum that they post in that the general public can't see. I'm sure it's being discussed in their section now.

At the end of the day, I'm just playing devils advocate. I can see it happening in the future, just not quite yet. Either way I don't think it's a bad idea - after I made my first post I did think about it some more and there's definitely a larger v6 population here than the v6-specific website so the LFX-specific forum will probably get a decent amount of traffic.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"

Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
collinsRS
Active Duty U.S. Navy

Drives: 2012 Malibu LT, 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS
I'm all for it...would love to see LFX sub forum, I'd be in there A LOT!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #28
SoooFlyyy

Drives: 2012 IBM 1LT/RS w/ SIM Rallies
Quote:
This was stated before and was shot down, but these LFX guys need a sub forum.

The intake system and output system (headers) is entirely differnt and they need to be able to speak directly to those who have that set up.

Different engines and they can learn from the V6 guys here as a total, but they have an entirely different set of mods comming down the pike and they shouldn't have those new mods forums dilluted by LLT mod forums. It will make things easier for everyone and wouldn't be hard to do for the v6 community.
SoooFlyyy is offline   Reply With Quote