Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
To me it's about livability. I can live with ZL1 daily with no remorse. The Viper, tho top performer in many ways, is one I would have remorse for buying. For various reasons. I find it hard to sit in. Hard to drive (sorta). Unforgiving. A little too light for the horsepower. HA! don't kill me on that. But I want a degree of comfort a Viper won't provide. A viper is just "way out there" design wise.. a little over the top like it SCREAMS I THINK IM SPECIAL... but...... thats just me.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #16
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
For what the ZL1 costs their are alot of other options out there. That Viper is mean.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #17
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
To me it's about livability. I can live with ZL1 daily with no remorse. The Viper, tho top performer in many ways, is one I would have remorse for buying. For various reasons. I find it hard to sit in. Hard to drive (sorta). Unforgiving. A little too light for the horsepower. HA! don't kill me on that. But I want a degree of comfort a Viper won't provide. A viper is just "way out there" design wise.. a little over the top like it SCREAMS I THINK IM SPECIAL... but...... thats just me.
I respect that! I have never even sat in a Viper much less driven one, but I intend to remedy that real soon
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
for me,i would get the ZL1.the viper looks great.i'm sorry i just can't bring myself to buy a chrysler product.seems there is always something breaking or falling off them.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
You definitely need to take a nice long drive in one... It's a bad a$$ car but not one for comfort...
Old 12-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #20
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
After being told over a month ago that I had secured the 1st ZL1 allocation from their Florida dealership (AutoNation affiliate), I get a call from the sales guy apologizing to me because some AutoNation corporate peckerhead swiped the 1st allocation spot for a friend (supposedly).

Both the salesman and general manager of the dealership are new and didnt even know it happened until GM opened up the 1st allocation for order early this week.
I'm working with a dealer that is in the AutoNation network as well. It is my understanding as well that Corporate controls the allocations from GM. With AutoNation being the largest dealer network in the US, they receive all their spots, then send them out to the dealers in their different areas.

The dealer I'm working with is AutoWay of Clearwater, where there are multiple manufacture brands under one roof. This hampers the sales of any one brand, thus reducing the amount of spots for ordering new cars. But on the plus side of things, this dealer is the largest parts distributor in the southeast US ...

So I feel your pain !!! Happy Holidays ...
Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #21
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
If you didn't leave a deposit what did you expect....
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #22
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
I have a 2009 Tacoma for a daily driver. I had given absolutely no thought to a Viper, but it is really starting to grow on me.
Hey I got the same truck Crew cab, SR5, 4x4, I love it. You should definitely get the Viper. Twin turbo it and put down 1000whp and have yourself some fun.
Even to this day, if I see a 96 GTS I break my neck looking at it. It is what the modern day Cobra would look like. Light, powerful, amazing styling, uncomfortable to drive, loud, unforgiving, and yet, you will want to drive it. If you get a newer hard top, even better. The cars just look stunning. If you wanna drive it every weekend, and not every day, like I said, who cares how it will do on long drives, or how the gas mileage is, or if it has a lot of techno gadgets inside. Cars are beastly.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #23
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
The Viper is a beast, in more ways than one. Sure, its fast as hell, great performing car. But would i want to drive it often? not really. Its extremely uncomfortable (for me at least) to sit in, to drive, pretty much everything. But the ZL1 wont be quite as unforgiving. Also, its a camaro! Im a super camaro fanboy (hence my name ), so i would definitely get the ZL1, no question.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Only 4000 Miles on it? Wow I'd get it. With the saving of $20K you can put a TT on that thing and still have money for gas.
Remember everything happens for a good reason. Maybe you were meant to have Viper. :-)

If that 4000 miles was not abuse and harsh I'd get it.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #25
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Only 4000 Miles on it? Wow I'd get it. With the saving of $20K you can put a TT on that thing and still have money for gas.
Remember everything happens for a good reason. Maybe you were meant to have Viper. :-)

If that 4000 miles was not abuse and harsh I'd get it.
I dont think 20K will get TT's, but might get heads, cam, headers, pulleys, supercharger and a tune. Can you imagine the Viper with 750 hp. It would be a Summ Beeech.

I knew I wanted to mod the ZL1 after test driving a 2011 Camaro SS auto. I punched it at 20 mph and sorry to say the acceleration was unimpressive to say the least.

Not sure I would want to mod the Viper until I drive it a while because it has no traction or launch control and I understand it can get away from you in a hurry (not so much in the straight line but on curves for sure).
BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #26
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
I dont think 20K will get TT's, but might get heads, cam, headers, pulleys, supercharger and a tune. Can you imagine the Viper with 750 hp. It would be a Summ Beeech.

I knew I wanted to mod the ZL1 after test driving a 2011 Camaro SS auto. I punched it at 20 mph and sorry to say the acceleration was unimpressive to say the least.

Not sure I would want to mod the Viper until I drive it a while because it has no traction or launch control and I understand it can get away from you in a hurry (not so much in the straight line but on curves for sure).
You DO need to learn it and respect it. That car has a lot of potential. But gets very hot inside during summer time, but it's a raw car. I've driven it and you become connected with car & road 100%. It's for those who appreciate the rawness of a powerful car.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #27
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
You DO need to learn it and respect it. That car has a lot of potential. But gets very hot inside during summer time, but it's a raw car. It's for those who appreciate the rawness of a powerful car.
Yep...... buyers remorse can accompany you 85% of the time. Enjoyment 15%. Unlike a ZL1... NO remorse.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #28
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
If ya'll get a chance, watch Chevy 100. It's the history of us, our product, our past. Testimonial from Exec's, employees, and owners. Bottom line is; It's in our DNA. It defines who we are. If Dodge, Ford, or any other HP manufacturer offered me a car for free I wouldn't accept it. I would sell it immediately. I won't be buried in my Camaro because I want to turn the legacy over to my family. It's that important to me. OP, don't be discouraged by a less than straight up dealer. There are still others out there who are honest and will sell it to you for MSRP, without playing favorites. Keep the faith brother.