Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Phastek Performance

Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #15
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Holy Cow! The same exact thing happened to a guy on C5. What are the chances of that?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #16
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
If you ship something to someone and have a tracking # proving it was delivered, why is it the shippers problem? If something gets stolen off a front porch or the shipping co. didn't deliver it? As far as im concerned, if you buy something from me and I ship it out AND can prove it, my obligation is done! call the shipping company and file a claim.
This is 100% true. I do tech support and customer service for an equipment company that ships all over the world and once it leaves here there's nothing we can do to make sure it arrives in one piece or at all.
However, most of the time when this happens the customer doesn't want to hear this. They bought something from us and want us to fix it. In the interest of not having posts like this on forums everywhere we just eat it and give them what they want.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #17
G8rh8rtampa

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Holy Cow! The same exact thing happened to a guy on C5. What are the chances of that?
That is why I am posting this for people to read. There are too many complaints out there all revolving around the same customer service issues.

I also own my own business and realize that things happen and not everything always goes perfectly, but I do bend over backwards to always make sure that my clients are happy.

If they just issued a return receipt for the broken merchandise this bad press they are currently getting wouldn't have happened. I told them exactly what I would do and they chose to try to save $20 in shipping. Not a wise business decision in my opinion.
G8rh8rtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #18
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
That stinks for the OP. I've never bought anything customized by RPI Designs specifically. I think I looked at some of their merchandise at one time and saw they were branding it as their own when it fact it was made by another manufacturer. This kind of turned me off and made me raise an eyebrow. I ended up finding the same exact aftermarket part from another vendor for less money. That was the extent of my experience with them.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #19
trialskid

Quote:
If you ship something to someone and have a tracking # proving it was delivered, why is it the shippers problem? If something gets stolen off a front porch or the shipping co. didn't deliver it? As far as im concerned, if you buy something from me and I ship it out AND can prove it, my obligation is done! call the shipping company and file a claim.

Maybe they put the wrong address? We have locked mail boxes in Canada so I know that it wasn't stolen
trialskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:19 AM   #20
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
This is 100% true. I do tech support and customer service for an equipment company that ships all over the world and once it leaves here there's nothing we can do to make sure it arrives in one piece or at all.
However, most of the time when this happens the customer doesn't want to hear this. They bought something from us and want us to fix it. In the interest of not having posts like this on forums everywhere we just eat it and give them what they want.
+1 I too work for a major corporation that ships equipment to customers. The shippers have insurance and claim processes just for these cases where something is marked delivered and is not. It is not the responsibility of the company you bought the product from because you have paid for the item, legally you are the owner of the shipment now. The USPS is probably the worst offender in this.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #21
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialskid View Post
Maybe they put the wrong address? We have locked mail boxes in Canada so I know that it wasn't stolen
Tracking info rules that out. Don't buy from companies that don't provide tracking numbers is my rule of thumb.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #22
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I've made quite a few (5+ so far) purchases for my C7 from them. No issues so far.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #23
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
I've tried calling UPS, USPS and FedEx when tracking said delivered but I didn't get it. Same response each time...."Only the company that shipped can file a claim/complaint/inquery, have them call us." So while you may have done everything right, you do still have an obligation to your customer to at least help resolve the issue.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #24
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
I've tried calling UPS, USPS and FedEx when tracking said delivered but I didn't get it. Same response each time...."Only the company that shipped can file a claim/complaint/inquery, have them call us." So while you may have done everything right, you do still have an obligation to your customer to at least help resolve the issue.
1. Lost Package Reported
Shippers are encouraged to report the lost package because notification letters are not sent to receivers. Shippers and receivers can report a lost package on ups.com.

From the UPS site. If your name is on the package you can request the investigation. I've heard lines like the one you received before. Escalate the issue. 1st level support can be ineffective at many of these shippers.

USPS is probably the worst to work with. But I filed a claim before for a missing package sent Priority insured mail 5 days after it showed delivered. The next day it was delivered, coincidence?

Old 08-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #25
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Thanks for sharing. Despite all of the bs excuses people list on here for defending the company, I think it's pretty clear they f'd your order up from the start. Thanks for letting us know. If companies want to advertise on these forums, than we all have the right to review them and their work.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:08 PM   #26
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Companies can't just send more parts because someone says they don't have it. If that were the case, every company would go bankrupt quickly. There are plenty of people that would take advantage of this. A company has tracking numbers for their protection.

As a side not, when USPS scans a package before delivery, it sends GPS information on where the scan took place. 99.9% of the time, if it says "delivered", it has been correctly delivered. More often than not, package thieves are to blame than the company or shipping handler.

The starting point is to speak with your post office and local delivery person if it came by USPS.

As a company who does ship all over the world, I can assure you that we have someone try shipping shenanigans every single day. In the world of shipping, tracking numbers are the truth tellers about where a package starts and ends. The only likely dishonesty comes from package thieves, a rogue delivery man (which can happen), or a dishonest recipient.

I have had a UPS shipment marked as delivered once that never was delivered. I was home all day waiting for it, and it never came. UPS fired the driver because he went rogue, lol. But, the company was not at fault, and neither was I. If it was stolen by a neighbor, that's unfortunate, but the company shouldn't send me another order for free.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #27
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
Companies can't just send more parts because someone says they don't have it. If that were the case, every company would go bankrupt quickly. There are plenty of people that would take advantage of this. A company has tracking numbers for their protection.

As a side not, when USPS scans a package before delivery, it sends GPS information on where the scan took place. 99.9% of the time, if it says "delivered", it has been correctly delivered. More often than not, package thieves are to blame than the company or shipping handler.

The starting point is to speak with your post office and local delivery person if it came by USPS.

As a company who does ship all over the world, I can assure you that we have someone try shipping shenanigans every single day. In the world of shipping, tracking numbers are the truth tellers about where a package starts and ends. The only likely dishonesty comes from package thieves, a rogue delivery man (which can happen), or a dishonest recipient.

I have had a UPS shipment marked as delivered once that never was delivered. I was home all day waiting for it, and it never came. UPS fired the driver because he went rogue, lol. But, the company was not at fault, and neither was I. If it was stolen by a neighbor, that's unfortunate, but the company shouldn't send me another order for free.
I had one marked as delivered one time thst was a next day air part even. It showed delivered when tracking it. It turns out that the driver delivered it one complete street over that wasn't even closed to the street name I have. The number was the same though. Lucky that person was honest and tracked me down when they got home from work and saw it on their front porch. Things can and do happen all the time. This was the driver's fault. You think he would have ever admitted it? No way.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #28
G8rh8rtampa

This isn't a shipping problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post

This is not a shipping problem this is a service problem. I received the product it was broken. When I shipped it back along with the pictures of the broken product they promised to send me a new one that wasn't broken. They shipped me back the exact same broken part I shipped back to them. This has been ongoing for months. I made a specific mark on the one I shipped back because i wanted to see if they would try to fix it and send it back.. They did send it back but never even attempted to fix the piece that was broken off.
G8rh8rtampa is offline   Reply With Quote