#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-13-2023, 09:25 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBoy View Post
Whats your normal HP to wheels with that?

And what fuel upgrades?
My guess is an honest 680whp. You have to keep in mind that a lot of these ZL1 cars that post a dyno number on 93 octane is a cold pull number. That isn't honest real-world power.

For example:

Take a pulley, headers, cai, 93 octane car. It might show 670whp on a cold pull, but up to temp and hot it really is only making 610whp.

Now take a X port, stock pulley, headers, cai, E50 car. It will make that 680whp on back to back pulls and might only drop back to 660whp when hot.

The Ethanol will allow you to keep full timing in it even when its heat soaked.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 09:49 AM   #16
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammYyYyY View Post
Hey all!

Recently, I found a deal on a pair of LT headers and catted connection pipes that I couldn’t resist, so I snagged them.

Aside from a Rotofab Big Gulp intake, I’m trying to decide what other bolt ons I should add before getting dyno tuned (obviously both the LTs and Big Gulp are going to require dyno tuning). I have a reputable shop nearby that is known for building and tuning Gen V LT engines, so that I have figured out.

I’m not sure if I want to pulley down just yet for a few reasons, the main being heat soak; temperatures in the summer here can hit triple digits, and I don’t think I want to deal with the heat soaking that comes along with that.

Would there be any benefit to an X-pipe? The current plan is to run the LTs and the catted connection pipes with the stock X-pipe and axle back; would snagging the X-pipe result in any power gains compared to the stock X-pipe? I think I would like the idea for sound, but if there is no power gain then I’m not as interested.

I’d like to hear anyone’s input as to what other basic bolt ons I should do at the same time
Is it your daily driver?
1.35/9.25/151 at 3500 ft. (only one pass)
15" conversion/MT ET Street R 325/50R15.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 02:17 PM   #17
SammYyYyY

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Is it your daily driver?
It is not; solely a weekend/track car.

(My daily is a 2006 Buick Lucerne; never late in a 3.8!)
SammYyYyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 05:17 PM   #18
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
I agree with KingLT1, Intake, headers, ported blower (X-port), 95mm LT5 TB, FlexFuel sensor (on E50+), is an incredible combo. That is what I did to my car and made 730whp (Mustang dyno), but I also added the new Katech low side twin pump.

Bang for buck, you really can't do much better.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter / fender tank, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, Elite E-2X catch can, and Griffin Motorsports front crash bar. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 06:34 PM   #19
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
I agree with KingLT1, Intake, headers, ported blower (X-port), 95mm LT5 TB, FlexFuel sensor (on E50+), is an incredible combo. That is what I did to my car and made 730whp (Mustang dyno), but I also added the new Katech low side twin pump.

Bang for buck, you really can't do much better.
I’ll second this (or third). The X port really shines with bolt ons and flex fuel, especially if you do fueling upgrades as part of your bolt ons.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 09:42 AM   #20
BunnyBoy

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I’ll second this (or third). The X port really shines with bolt ons and flex fuel, especially if you do fueling upgrades as part of your bolt ons.

How would this setup preform on a road course?
BunnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:56 AM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Track it first... You might find you have a super reliable track car as is. Drive it until you hit the limits where you need more power before touching this Mona Liza. You might be surprised.

Headers and tune will get you some nice gains but most of the rest you mentioned will not. Roto-fab actually did the test on mine and I got zero gains. Not a big gulp but that requires a tune so no telling what the CAI actually gets you.
Old 12-26-2023, 03:27 PM   #22
SammYyYyY

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Track it first... You might find you have a super reliable track car as is. Drive it until you hit the limits where you need more power before touching this Mona Liza. You might be surprised.

Headers and tune will get you some nice gains but most of the rest you mentioned will not. Roto-fab actually did the test on mine and I got zero gains. Not a big gulp but that requires a tune so no telling what the CAI actually gets you.
Already done! I try to get as many track days in with my ZLE as I can, and have a few under my belt already

Yeah, the headers and exhaust I’m honestly MOSTLY doing for the extra noise. A year and a half of owning my ZLE has me wishing for more noise at this point. Power gains past 610 ish WHP (which is what it’s looking like I’ll make with an intake, TB, and headers) will just be the icing on the cake.

Going to look into Flex Fuel up to E40 for now; it’s attainable around here, but not easy to get, so I’d rather stick to pump gas for street driving and leave E40 for the track.
SammYyYyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #23
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBoy View Post
How would this setup preform on a road course?
Lots of variables in that…..if it’s a course with plenty of straightaways where you can utilize the additional power it’s beneficial. On a slower and shorter course it may not help you. It’s going to consume more fuel than it will on 93. So if you don’t mind bringing ethanol to the track it’s no big deal, if you mind then it’s probably not for you. I lived near a course and ran 93 most of the time and ethanol mix occasionally, then I moved to where I am no longer near a road course, so I run it on the street now. My closest gas station sells e85 so it’s readily available.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote