Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
According to "Al" we're just driving it wrong. Yeah sure.

When the just right window is so narrow very few people can hit it all, its too fkn narrow.

Autox, trying to get off line smoothly, it neck snapping fun as the ECU closes the throttle!

Watch throttle position stay constant and RPM just drops to idle (throttle just closes!!) and G-meter suddenly reverse direction for bit at about 2 sec mark.
Completely
Old 02-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Oh man !!! I can only hope absolution has been found. Even if it’s letting the car sit for 3 months hahaha j/k
Would be nice to know something for sure.

3 months is crazy. I have a dealer here that does that and my car doesn't go to them anymore.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:23 AM   #17
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Its the 6th gen, all my sports cars are M6 cars, its only on the 6th gen that i stall the car driving it into a trailer, and i have to slip the clutch to get the car to go in, on my 5th gens dont have to do any of that work to make the car crawl up the trailer.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
There are 2 bogs going on that drivers are experiencing:

1. Slow normal take offs with releasing the clutch in a fastly manor w some pedal.. a good fix the TM TB and High flow filter w cut stock box or TM TB and Vararam or rotofab intake.. seems to fix the problem for a lot.. or you can give the car no throttle whatsoever and just let out the clutch extremely slow that seems to be a good work around! if you stay off the throttle it seems be tq management never screws with it. Unless your on a huge incline or in a crack the car needs no pedal to start lol.

2. The other bog issue is dry sticky pavement with nannies on.. Go out and release the clutch at 3k and see if it doesn't bog down and screw up your 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile pass.. if the tires spin the whole time it wont ever effect ya.

Curious to now if you had the throttle rev out of now where with or with out rev match on? My car did it all the time once I got a tune it was gone never happened again!

At 21 seconds while inline at track session i caught it on PDR that was one of the weaker ones sometimes it would go to 5 or 6k! It always happened while in 1st gear working the clutch and gas together.. Same ole deal drop off at dealer they couldn't get it to happen..

notice how the computer did the rev and it doesnt show from the pedal on the throttle registered on the PDR!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #19
Tremek

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Wagon
ECU update done by the dealer? Are you wearing different shoes? Both? Have you changed your seat's position? Asking sincerely.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #20
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek View Post
ECU update done by the dealer? Are you wearing different shoes? Both? Have you changed your seat's position? Asking sincerely.
Absolutely....this seems so far-fetched that we can't rule out anything i've done with my driving

Not sure if dealer did an ECU update...that needs to be found out

I've been rotating through my shoes...the bog hasn't come back with any of them.

My seat position hasn't changed but i did change it around today and still no bog.

I really don't know, guys! I've been driving it like a normal manual and it hasn't bogged once from a stop in first or reverse unless i do something stupid.

my only thoughts are:

1. ECU reset maybe cleared fuel trims?
2. ECU update during the service?
3. I'm completely crazy and am driving around the bog without realizing it after not having the car for 3 months and not needing to relearn anything.

Could the colder weather be helping at all maybe?
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #21
Aliveguy5

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1
That drag racing update came out... Maybe they updated your ECU and it helped the bog?
Aliveguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #22
F1FTY

So while my car was at the dealership, they replaced the SDM module. (as part of the airbag fiasco) That tells me that the battery was indeed disconnected at some point. So the ECU would have been reset by that.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #23
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
It's quite possible that this is a placebo, but I didn't have the car for ~3 months while it sat at the dealership. Could the ECU have cleared itself during that period and maybe a reset did it?
Maybe it auto adjusted due to fuel that was put in prior.

In my 2010 2SS if you put in lower grade fuel the car took that into account and adjusted (read dealership put in 87 grade). Maybe the three months it was there the battery drained and this reset the fuel maps? In the 2010 2ss you had to do a fuse pull (I forget which).

Just thinking out loud.
BBQdDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #24
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I'd go back to the dealer and ask to speak to the mechanic who did the service on your car if he updated the software. Maybe it's part of a new procedure to make sure the ECM has the latest software loaded when it's serviced.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:31 PM   #25
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I'd go back to the dealer and ask to speak to the mechanic who did the service on your car if he updated the software. Maybe it's part of a new procedure to make sure the ECM has the latest software loaded when it's serviced.
So I called them and my favorite service advisor had quit!

but I was able to hear from the tech...

nothing was flashed onto the car after all...they replaced sensors and the software for the sensors was cleared out as part of the repair.

so maybe it really was just an ECM reset from the battery being disconnected?
Old 02-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #26
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdDude View Post
Maybe it auto adjusted due to fuel that was put in prior.

In my 2010 2SS if you put in lower grade fuel the car took that into account and adjusted (read dealership put in 87 grade). Maybe the three months it was there the battery drained and this reset the fuel maps? In the 2010 2ss you had to do a fuse pull (I forget which).

Just thinking out loud.
This could be it. I've only run 93 in the car since I got it, but the bog has always been there.

Hopefully the bog doesn't return once the weather gets warmer out...the car is really fun right now haha
Old 02-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #27
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
It's possible since the reset you're driving it differently and it's learning new parameters. I don't think the software would be any different.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #28
F1FTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
It's possible since the reset you're driving it differently and it's learning new parameters. I don't think the software would be any different.
Must be.

I keep messing with the clutch takeoff/throttle to try to replicate the bog and have not been able to just yet. Before I had to actively try to drive around it.

No idea.