Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It looks like tonsillitis of the Palatine tonsils with a purulent lesion, I'd see a doctor for sure though, if you're worried about missing school or w.e you could miss even more time if you don't take care of it.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Eat any foods with a lot of acid?
Tomatoes? Sometimes caused by stress as well
It might be throat ulcer or canker sore. I am not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday inn express. My brother and I had them as kids. Look similar, burns. Really needed to watch acidic foods. Not so much now as I out grew it.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...topic-overview

30 minutes at a dr and they will tell you
Gl
Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
UNDsioux

Drives: Silver SS
None on tomatoes and not really acid. No stress at all..
UNDsioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #18
STEALTH_MODE
I have a V6, so what?

Drives: Top Secret
have you touched the bump? (use clean hands)if its very hard than it's a stone

if its soft then it could be an infected cyst

If it's that much of pain how you describe then its kind of serious, you don't want it to get worse, go tot he doctor and get the specific medication.
STEALTH_MODE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
UNDsioux

It is not hard that i know of. I had some pizza today and after I ate some of it kinda like scraped off a very little bit. It has grown since then
Old 01-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
SteveTaylor

Drives: 2012 2SS L99
Thrush..
SteveTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #21
STEALTH_MODE
I have a V6, so what?

^possible but his symptoms don't seem as serious and its just one sore/cyst/lesion whatever it is
Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #22
STEALTH_MODE
I have a V6, so what?

really could be anything man, just go to school and see how bad or better it gets and go to the doctor right after school
Old 01-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTaylor View Post
I've felt lousy all of Dec, finally got a Z pak from the Dr, did nothing, then got a bad sore throat, got Augmenten, helped a little, a week later the sore throat came back so bad I couldn't swallow & it hurt in my ear tremendously .
Had to psych myself up to swallow, hurt so bad in throat & ear I had to take a percocet that night.. Almost went to the ER,, Called the Dr gave me the 5 day pack of Prendisone, now that helped!!!!! Still a little sore down low, like bottom of neck/vocal chords.. Going to ENT Dr tomorrow for a look, even though I feel much better now.. Probably just a virus as the strep culture came up negative & no bacteria..

There is a NASTY NASTY throat virus going around..
Takes 4-6 weeks to get over it.. Nothing helps.. (except the Prendisone)
Ugggggggggggggggg
Sounds like classic strep to me. Both of my children had this issue when one was 4 the other ten. They had ongoing cases of strep back and forth. Make sure to buy a bunch of cheap tooth brushes and use a different one each time you brush your teeth until this completely clears up. If you keep using the same one, you are reintroducing the same bacteria into your mouth. Also, clean the surface of your sinks in the bathroom or wherever you have laid down your old toothbrush. Those germs can linger forever. Use an antibacterial cleaner like Lysol kitchen cleaner. If you use a cup to rinse you mouth, use disposable cups and throw them away. If you drool on your pillow (my kids did) change the pillowcase every night. Unless you get rid of the bacteria altogether, you will just keep reintroducing it into your system, thus getting the strep.

Sometimes the strep screening actually has to sit out a few days to allow the germs time to grow before it will show a positive. If it is false in the doctors office, they need to check it again in 72 hours. Any time your tonsils are swollen and painful, you need to go to the doctor. Sometimes you won't even run a noticeable fever with it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dr. Love; 01-23-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDsioux View Post
Okay I have this white bump in my throat. I will post a picture but it is gross. I don't have a fever just like 98.9 now but am usually lower. I am very sore, and my ear is swollen and hurts (same side as bump). My throat hurts to swallow mildly bad and I came home and slept for about three hours which isn't normal for me. It is hard to find what it is because of so many things that come up with 'white bump in throat '. Thanks and any further questions are welcome
The nerves to your throat run right next to the ear canal. When these nerves are inflamed, then your ear/ears will hurt. Go to the doctor. Don't mess around with this. Again, sanitize everything. Both of my kids had to have their tonsils out on the same day because of this. Those white spots are canker type sores that are caused by strep. Some people get the sores, some don't.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #25
UNDsioux

So school or no school
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
schedule a doctors ap right after school or see if you can go after your counted oresent for the day ? you have take care of it early before it gets serious ( if it can get)
Old 01-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #27
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'm not a Dr, but I am a Pharmacist, AND I have plenty of personal experience with strep throat. That looks a LOT like strep! Usually, though, a higher fever will accompany a strep infection... It could be that it's not bad enough yet for your body to spike a fever (everyone's different) Definitely see a doctor. Go to an urgent care that has later hours if you're worried about missing school. Then again, by going to school, you're exposing everyone around you to it as well...
Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
No school! It's not cool to infect other people. Get to a clinic; they'll give you a doctor's note. So go!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote