Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #15
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Zack, you said yourself you had to set limits, such as the total cost of the car. The 2LT RS is a great car, and unless you're planning to track it it sounds like it does everything you need.

Besides, if you had gotten the 2SS would your buyer's remorse be because of spending so much money to get it?
If I did some way actually get the 2SS, I wouldn't have any regrets. Cause I know I got the top trim level.

But it makes want to work as hard as I can, save more $$$$, etc., So I can get that SS in the future.

But for now.........................
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #16
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Buyer's remorse already from the widely reported issues(which I am admittedly dont fall in most of the time ) to the paint issues, to the mylink issues. i dont know. felt fine buying the car assuming it had no first year/new plant issuesl... or few(build date feb) but seeing all these gd problems posted... i have some.

i love driving the car, it performs to spec(as far as i can tell) but leaving your car at a dealership for like 7 days for an oil change, rattle inspection, ad HVAC feet stink fix(which DID NOT WORK btw) makes you kinda wish you never got the thing.

i love this car a lot, really. what i do not like is GM and the scummy dealers with sales associates younger than the pine tree outside of my house and just business as usual that they provide. havent read a lot of good experience about dealers except of course from becky. We can't all live near her though for smaintenance !!
just curious if you've seen the black SS here in Parker? I just seen it again today on Ridgegate coming opposite direction...just a beast of a car. Havent seen any hyper blue...you should go to cars and coffee down by Lowes, at the Vehicle Vault. every second Saturday of the month.

sorry off topic...
Old 07-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #17
chris227

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Quick question, why do you have buyers remorse? What exactly is causing this feeling.? Just trying to understand, is it the lack of having power to pass people faster? To peel out from stoplights? The sound of a V8? Or is it more cosmetic? I personally would never buy a v8 again. I just dont see the need for the power or torque. But everyone's different. I love my 2lt v6 and much prefer the vertical LEDs to the horizontal ones. I do like the v8 hood though.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #18
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
3 1/2 months with my almost barebones 1LT. No regrets whatsoever. I absolutely love this car. It was the best I could afford and I feel my money was well spent. I am going to be doing some traveling in a few weeks and that trip just can't get here soon enough.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:32 PM   #19
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
When I shop performance cars, I look at two things.. how it looks and how fast it is!

Try going WOT on the SS and you'll be WAY OVER the speed limit in a few secs. Trust me and many SS owners can attest. Even my past Mustang 5.0 didn't even come close to having that kind of torque. So yes, the car can get you in serious trouble if you don't drive it responsibly.

Also, the 1SS with a few options is perfect for my budget and I want the lightest possible SS

The V6 is a fine car with good gas mileage.. There's a saying, it's better to drive a slow car faster than a fast car slower.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:33 PM   #20
TheBigO

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Nothing wrong with the V6 plus you can get away with using 87 octane. There will always be something better out there no matter what you buy. Buy a 2SS but then wish you would have gotten a ZL1. To a degree, everyone has some sort of remorse. Enjoy your car and when the time is right make your move.
TheBigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:38 PM   #21
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
Quick question, why do you have buyers remorse? What exactly is causing this feeling.? Just trying to understand, is it the lack of having power to pass people faster? To peel out from stoplights? The sound of a V8? Or is it more cosmetic? I personally would never buy a v8 again. I just dont see the need for the power or torque. But everyone's different. I love my 2lt v6 and much prefer the vertical LEDs to the horizontal ones. I do like the v8 hood though.
Sound of the V8, hood vents, magnetic ride control, cylinder 7 and cylinder 8, NPP exhaust, Sound of the V8, Sound of the V8, Sound of the V8, Sound of the V8.

I guess, I need to here more from the V6 and even the 4 cylinder turbo owners on this forum.

But chris227, you are correct though, one will never utilize all that power and torque on the street.

More Torque = Track Car

Track car, which I would never do anyway.....I know I would screw something up with the car OR even myself.

Example:
I have a buddy who took his BMW M4 on the track and hit a oil spill and totaled his car......

I am definitely out on that!!!

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 07-26-2016, 11:27 PM   #22
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
You have more than enough power with the V6!!! The SS is fun though!! I just switched into Track and competitive mode and matted it from a dig for the first time!!! The car laid a huge patch and was going sideways in my parking lot!!! Way to much power for the street imo!!
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:03 AM   #23
blurred

Drives: 50th Anniversary on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Sound of the V8, hood vents, magnetic ride control, cylinder 7 and cylinder 8, NPP exhaust, Sound of the V8, Sound of the V8, Sound of the V8, Sound of the V8.

I guess, I need to here more from the V6 and even the 4 cylinder turbo owners on this forum.

But chris227, you are correct though, one will never utilize all that power and torque on the street.

More Torque = Track Car

Track car, which I would never do anyway.....I know I would screw something up with the car OR even myself.

Example:
I have a buddy who took his BMW M4 on the track and hit a oil spill and totaled his car......

I am definitely out on that!!!
I would just like to point out that going with the 2SS wouldn't help. The upcoming ZL1 would be the highest level of trim, so you wouldn't have the highest trim even with a 2SS. Then there are sacrifices even with a 2SS.

I would be pretty unhappy if I got the 2SS and then got demolished by the upcoming 1SS 1LE trims on the track. On the other hand though, I would be pretty unhappy if I got a 1SS 1LE and then winter hit and I had no remote start. I would also be very sad that I was giving up the heated seats and all of the creature comforts in my daily driver. At that point, I would probably start thinking about a ZL1 or a CTS-V.

What I am trying to get at is that you need to get the car which fits your use case and in a price you can afford. Springing for the highest trim would probably lead to a different kind of remorse when you realize your insurance costs are $200 per month, you are paying about $60 every time you refuel and the car payments are already costing you half of your monthly income for a power rating on a piece of paper which you will rarely get to make full use of in reality.
3100 - 07/18/16 | 3300 - 07/20/16
3400 - 07/21/16 | 3800 - 08/03/16
4300 - 08/03/16 | 4B00 - 08/10/16
5000 - 08/19/16 | 6000 - 08/20/16
blurred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:11 AM   #24
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
I would just like to point out that going with the 2SS wouldn't help. The upcoming ZL1 would be the highest level of trim, so you wouldn't have the highest trim even with a 2SS. Then there are sacrifices even with a 2SS.

I would be pretty unhappy if I got the 2SS and then got demolished by the upcoming 1SS 1LE trims on the track. On the other hand though, I would be pretty unhappy if I got a 1SS 1LE and then winter hit and I had no remote start. I would also be very sad that I was giving up the heated seats and all of the creature comforts in my daily driver. At that point, I would probably start thinking about a ZL1 or a CTS-V.

What I am trying to get at is that you need to get the car which fits your use case and in a price you can afford. Springing for the highest trim would probably lead to a different kind of remorse when you realize your insurance costs are $200 per month, you are paying about $60 every time you refuel and the car payments are already costing you half of your monthly income for a power rating on a piece of paper which you will rarely get to make full use of in reality.
Very well said and all true!
Old 07-27-2016, 12:13 AM   #25
Zack46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
The SS is fun though!! I just switched into Track and competitive mode and matted it from a dig for the first time!!! The car laid a huge patch and was going sideways in my parking lot!!! Way to much power for the street imo!!
Showoff! Just kidding. LOL, Ha Ha Ha!!!

That's pretty cool you get to do that...

And you're right, 335 horses is enough power for a V6. Just enough to get me into trouble.

I will be sitting at a red light or stop sign and than push hard on the gas.
This V6 just goes!!!!!

You know, just testing out the 0-60 time......Love it!!!!!

NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Old 07-27-2016, 12:13 AM   #26
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
feel of the v8 in all gears at all speeds, front bumper, cold start sound, road dominance

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #27
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
2015 V6 RS gave me buyers remorse. Bought the 2016 SS

I know exactly where you are coming from. I bought a new 2015 Lt RS convertable last year. I got tired of trying to make my V6 sound like a V8. I took the plunge in April, traded in the car for a fully loaded 2016 2SS.

Nothing against anyone driving a V6, but if you want the power you have to pay the dealership and pay at the gas pump. I don't regret it one night, I go to bed smiling and I do feel for my own situation I did the right thing.

In time you may upgrade too.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 12-11-2017 at 01:18 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:23 AM   #28
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
id be pretty unhappy if i got a v6 for the same price of a 1ss. but then again, if OP is not looking to track/drag it then a v8 would be impractical. v6 has plenty of power for the street and hell, you can probably enjoy it on the track and then some. plus op gets to enjoy the luxury of a 2lt. its best if you weigh out the positives more than the negatives, you're only missing 2 cylinders and not 4
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote