Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2018, 01:46 PM   #15
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Throttle lag absolutely. I’m sure GM did that, not the smartest people buy these. I’m kidding, If you can go into track mode and push the traction control button twice. The track menu will come up. Try out those settings & I am sure you will be impressed.
Have you tried a Vitesse throttle controller on one of these yet? Made a huge perceptible difference on the LT1 motors! Car feels faster and with less lag. Basically just allows you to change the throttle curve to whatever you want. I had one on the vette and it was pretty nice!

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #16
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Track mode seems to be even more of a linear throttle, so I leave mine in Sport and enter "Competitive Driving Mode".

Not in the track settings & launch control settings that need to be turned on prior to activation. You will find (1) Wet (2) Dry (3) Sport 1 (4) Sport 2 (5) Race.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:16 PM   #17
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Not in the track settings & launch control settings that need to be turned on prior to activation. You will find (1) Wet (2) Dry (3) Sport 1 (4) Sport 2 (5) Race.
Competitive Mode is accessible from Sport Mode. You hit the button twice. It turns off traction control, leave Stabiltrac on, and uses the Sport mode throttle mapping, which is a little more sensitive than the track throttle mapping.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #18
hashtag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Competitive Mode is accessible from Sport Mode. You hit the button twice. It turns off traction control, leave Stabiltrac on, and uses the Sport mode throttle mapping, which is a little more sensitive than the track throttle mapping.
That’s not what I’m talking about what?
Old 07-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #19
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Track mode seems to be even more of a linear throttle, so I leave mine in Sport and enter "Competitive Driving Mode".
^^^ Agreed^^^
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #20
hashtag

Old 07-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
mr965

Drives: ///M3
I average 17.5 mpg with mixed use. 4.3 mpg on a track day. 23 mpg on a long distance 300 mile highway trip.
mr965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #22
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I had a C6Z a few years back also. Got rid of it when all the valave dropping started popping up. It pissed me off that GM would never admit to the problem and give us a solution. It was an awesome car though. I would love to have one again now that there seems to be agreement on what stops the LS7 from destroying itself. My A10 gets 18-20 mpg consistently. I lift my feet extra high to clear rockers and also have paint protection film on them. And lack of visibility is just a part of having a sports car nowadays. Also, at least this one has an awesome blindspot monitoring system. I dont remember the vette being any better and it had no blind spot monitoring to help out.
Welcome to the LS7 exhaust valve guide and head issue. It happened to my 09' Z06 with 9K miles on it.

I was nice, let them rebuild the top end, had it for another month and it started going thru a qt. of oil a day.

Contacted a lemon law attorney, bye bye C6 Z06. That motor in that light weight chassis was simply amazing though, it is too bad they never fested up to it the defect, it was the main reason I moved to Audi's and BMW's.

Now here I am back to GM, which it seems have let loose on making the Camaro platform stellar with better quality than the C7 Corvettes.
If only my SS 1LE had the straight line punch of the C6 Z06 without having to move to the ZL1 1LE.

Sorry OP for high-jacking your thread.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #23
Stealth7

Drives: Gen V Viper GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by philpacs View Post
I'm loving my new hyper blue ZL1. I thought I'd give initial impressions coming straight out of my H/C/I C6Z.
Pros:
-Light years better interior comfort, support and materials. The tech is remarkable and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. The seats hold me like a bear hug and cools me well in the hot FL summer.
- It feels like it was carved from granite, very tight chassis. The A10 is interesting. Cruising away from a light is seems to shift 4 times in 100 feet or so and is unlike any auto I've ever driven. I can't wait till it breaks in so I can feel the power delivery compared to my old 550whp C6Z. The suspension still booms a little over bumps in touring mode but definitely livable and corners flat.
-It looks amazing in person. Pictures don't seem to do any justice. The C6Z looked great in pictures by comparison. But I haven't gotten the attention like my ZO6 did strangely so far.

Cons:
- Needs lumbar support.
- Averaging 13 mpg ugh. I heard driving in winter mode helps. Is this true?
- Viability and trusting the sensors while switching lanes is a bit scary.
- Pretty numb feel compared to the ZO6 but I'll have to asses when I push the car plus the ZO6 had coilovers, sways and wilwoods not stock.
- Lags under soft throttle. It seems I have to squeeze the throttle quite a bit more for it to move unlike the C6Z and a lot more than my turbo SUV. It almost feels like it's dragging something compared to the others.
- If feels heavy around town. I'll see how it tracks soon.
- I'm not sure yet the best way to get in and out. You need to clear the rockers, thick frame and bolstered seat, to be expected.
- The HVAC was better in the vette but the cooled seats do help.

Overall I loved the first 100 miles, great car.
Don't really have any of the Con issues. I came from a Gen V Viper GTS and a f10 BMW 550i M Sport w/Dinan.

Visibility is fine. The only thing I am still getting use to at 1,300mi. is the right side of the Driver's Seatback where the suedo suede meets the leather--still find this ridge a bit uncomfortable, but it appears to be breaking in.

Awesome car for an awesome price! Especially like the bad a@@ looks and A10.

Now if it was just easy to add 100rwhp, be emissions compliant have reversability and no drivability issues ... .
Stealth7 is offline   Reply With Quote