Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #15
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I traded my 15' ZL1 for a 18 ZL1 1LE, I couldn't be happier. The new SS is fast, but you will feel a little loss in power. I would go for a ZL1 1LE if you can, amazing car.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #16
Tomiboy

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
I traded my 15' ZL1 for a 18 ZL1 1LE, I couldn't be happier. The new SS is fast, but you will feel a little loss in power. I would go for a ZL1 1LE if you can, amazing car.
Best of both worlds. Drag strip or road course
Tomiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:33 AM   #17
ex-SS-ve

I just did the same thing . Sold my 615 rwhp zl1 for the 2017 1le. At first I had my doubts and thought I made wrong choice, however I knew going into it I would add boost. Stock for stock the 1le and the zl1 felt equal. However now with the 2.9whipple on my 1le making 630 rwhp it feels about how a 750 rwhp 5th gen zl1 feels. So far it has been flawless.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #18
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
I think it depends on a few factors. The area you live? Will you have access to good roads and twisty curves to really dig into the 1le? Will you track enough to get the use of the 1le? I think the zl1 is easier to modify to make insanely fast look at some of vengeances builds 800-100 HP. If you mostly want that insane straight line speed keep it and modify it . I love the look of the5th gen zl1 is mean! The 1le often feels slow to me in a straight line, I notice a difference compared to my c7 z51 felt that much quicker even if the numbers don't show it. Im only extremely happy with the 1le when I'm on Track * i even like it better than the c7 , or when Im digging into turns , canyons, highways. The day to day take off speed is not that satisfying but the build of the car is superb you feel like your in the bat mobile overtime you step in it .
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #19
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Following this thread because I'm still trying to choose between the 1LE and the ZL1.

A great argument is that the acceleration of the 1LE is only a few ticks below the 5th Gen ZL1. It beats 5th Gen ZL1 and Z28 in numerous road courses (laguna Seca, and Willow Springs). Basically it beats anything that isn't a corvette, or isn't supercharged.

My point, the handling is clearly superior the 5th Gen ZL1. The only thing the 1LE comes up short is in acceleration as compared to the 5th ZL1, and the current 6th Gen ZL1, GS corvette, and Z06.

So do you really need to go for the extra purchase expense, insurance, gas expense, etc. for what will be a few banzai straight line runs?

But watching the 2017 ZL1 blow away a 1LE in a drag race on the show Ignition makes anyone want the ZL1.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:42 PM   #20
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Here's another one, a little closer but no PDR.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM

Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #21
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Here's one in GA. Great price! Kinda scares me that they can go for this much.

Clean CARFAX, one owner, low miles, just needs a really good detail...

https://www.scottevanschryslerdodgej...ource=cars.com
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:15 AM   #22
2MCHPWR

Drives: 2009 z06
Send a message via AIM to 2MCHPWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
Here's one in GA. Great price! Kinda scares me that they can go for this much.

Clean CARFAX, one owner, low miles, just needs a really good detail...

https://www.scottevanschryslerdodgej...ource=cars.com
if that is the one I was looking at for 33,900, its sold. they didn't mention it as being a 1LE but it had PDR and black hood and red calipers, 285 front and 305 rears, so I'm sure it was. 5k miles for $33,900 for a 2017 seemed like a steal.
2MCHPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #23
The_Coleman

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR View Post
if that is the one I was looking at for 33,900, its sold. they didn't mention it as being a 1LE but it had PDR and black hood and red calipers, 285 front and 305 rears, so I'm sure it was. 5k miles for $33,900 for a 2017 seemed like a steal.
They probably did not even know what it was. Just a 1SS...

There is a very large chevy dealer chain here that I am convinced has no idea what one is either. When I tried to buy mine, 3 times mind you, they all ran around confused saying it wasn't there etc... Finally my friend just said "Show me the Camaro with the black hood". We were in front of it in minutes. Bought the car elsewhere.

Had a tire go flat and the service guy argued with me saying the tires were not factory and it needed Michelins for $500 each. Took forever to figure that one out. No idea what the 1LE is.
The_Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #24
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Coleman View Post
They probably did not even know what it was. Just a 1SS...

There is a very large chevy dealer chain here that I am convinced has no idea what one is either. When I tried to buy mine, 3 times mind you, they all ran around confused saying it wasn't there etc... Finally my friend just said "Show me the Camaro with the black hood". We were in front of it in minutes. Bought the car elsewhere.

Had a tire go flat and the service guy argued with me saying the tires were not factory and it needed Michelins for $500 each. Took forever to figure that one out. No idea what the 1LE is.
That's been my experience so far as well. I have not met anyone at a Chevy dealership in Oregon who knew what a 1LE was. Service advisors, salespeople, nobody. Fascinating. I don't expect much from salespeople to be honest but I'm surprised that literally nobody I've talked yet to had any idea.

They all like it a lot once they see it, though
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #25
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I think it depends on a few factors. The area you live? Will you have access to good roads and twisty curves to really dig into the 1le? Will you track enough to get the use of the 1le? I think the zl1 is easier to modify to make insanely fast look at some of vengeances builds 800-100 HP. If you mostly want that insane straight line speed keep it and modify it . I love the look of the5th gen zl1 is mean! The 1le often feels slow to me in a straight line, I notice a difference compared to my c7 z51 felt that much quicker even if the numbers don't show it. Im only extremely happy with the 1le when I'm on Track * i even like it better than the c7 , or when Im digging into turns , canyons, highways. The day to day take off speed is not that satisfying but the build of the car is superb you feel like your in the bat mobile overtime you step in it .
I completely agree with you on using the 1LE as intended. I also grow very bored and sometimes unhappy driving the car in a straight line, doing 50 mph stuck behind someone. There are only very limited opportunities to have fun with it where I drive and even with that it's 90 mph turns (45 mph posted), not really my flavor. Track time or mountain passed solve the issues but none are near by and/or readily accessible. I find myself looking at Hellcats online...
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #26
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
I completely agree with you on using the 1LE as intended. I also grow very bored and sometimes unhappy driving the car in a straight line, doing 50 mph stuck behind someone. There are only very limited opportunities to have fun with it where I drive and even with that it's 90 mph turns (45 mph posted), not really my flavor. Track time or mountain passed solve the issues but none are near by and/or readily accessible. I find myself looking at Hellcats online...
I can completely agree! For me it's ZL1 and Zo6!
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote