Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #15
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
I went with Magnaflow. Sounds great!
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #16
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Forget about exhaust for now. The #1 best piece of advice here on C5 is, work from the engine back. You can do this in stages to spread out the cost and ensure you don't make a costly mistake.

I put on ARH LTs with high flow cats into the OE mid-pipe with stock NPP and am very pleased with the sound. I wanted to be careful as I have a convertible and definitely didn't want it too loud. With CAI, ported throttle body and tune, I'm putting down 420 at the wheels (about 480-490 at the crank). To get to 500 at the wheels NA, it's going to take a cam.

Anyway, I am super pleased with the power, throttle response and sound of my setup. I believe that it is super reliable since it's all bolt-on and tuning.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:09 PM   #17
MSull16

Drives: '10 Camaro SS LS3
WHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Forget about exhaust for now. The #1 best piece of advice here on C5 is, work from the engine back. You can do this in stages to spread out the cost and ensure you don't make a costly mistake.

I put on ARH LTs with high flow cats into the OE mid-pipe with stock NPP and am very pleased with the sound. I wanted to be careful as I have a convertible and definitely didn't want it too loud. With CAI, ported throttle body and tune, I'm putting down 420 at the wheels (about 480-490 at the crank). To get to 500 at the wheels NA, it's going to take a cam.

Anyway, I am super pleased with the power, throttle response and sound of my setup. I believe that it is super reliable since it's all bolt-on and tuning.
Now someone is going to have to explain to me what ARH LT's, high flow cats and what a stock npp is. lol Im very new to the performance world. Im assuming the Midpipe is just between the headers and exhaust tips.
MSull16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #18
dmcm494

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro L99 Cyber Grey
Exhaust

I have Solo performance and I love it. Not too loud but beep and low.
Check out this link for video clips of exhaust. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21289
dmcm494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:10 PM   #19
Imiuru4

Drives: 15 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSull16 View Post
Now someone is going to have to explain to me what ARH LT's, high flow cats and what a stock npp is. lol Im very new to the performance world. Im assuming the Midpipe is just between the headers and exhaust tips.
lt's are long tube headers made by arh (id assume), npp is gm performance exhaust ,,,,high flow cats are high flow catalytic converters
Imiuru4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #20
MSull16

Drives: '10 Camaro SS LS3
bump
MSull16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:48 PM   #21
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Full American Racing exhaust. you will get the long system long tube headers. you get more power with the longer headers. then the short systems. If you're going to do a full exhaust might as well get a optimized one.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #22
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
yeah I forget to mention this is my daily driver haha. But my daily driving isnt alot.
Cat-back vs axle-back- is there a difference in performance between the two? Is there a lesser gain of power/airflow with axle-backs?
What about corsa, cherrybomb, and ark? are they obnoxious?
An axle-back may net you a few HP, but the main purpose for them is to replace the rear muffler section for better sound. Catbacks will have the true power gains, since they include larger piping, and replace more of the stock system with smoother bends.

Quote:
Might see about doing a magnaflow header and exhaust combo.
Comp series, race series, street series. Difference between the 3?
Our street series exhaust will be the most conservative of the 3. We would recommend this if you're planning to do long tube headers, or are looking for a system with a nice, deep tone, but still close the the stock exhausts' volume level. Pairing long tubes with a more aggressive system than the street will result in the car being WAY too loud for most people out there.

The competition is another popular choice, and comes in 3 options:
A) 2.5" diameter with center resonator and no rear mufflers
B) same as A with center-exit tips, instead of the factory position. An aftermarket diffuser panel will be required.
C) 3" diameter with rear mufflers and no center resonator. 3" diameter is only necessary if you are planning on pushing high HP numbers (600+).

Last is our race systems which is basically straight pipes. We do not recommend this one for street use and is geared towards track-only cars. It uses the the same center-exit as style as the other Comp exhaust. If you have additional questions about any of our products, feel free to shoot us a PM!
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:28 PM   #23
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
Magnaflow cat back. Not cheap but sounds great, and it comes with the resonated x pipe. If I didn't have the NPP that's what I would have.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote