#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-08-2022, 12:04 PM   #15
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Then once you get those magical headers installed, your ears are going to go $hit its WAY TOO LOUD now. Then you will start scrambling to get a quieter axleback to pair with those new headers.
Yea, mine drones and is way too loud with straight pipes back to the scraped-out Gensi's and then [crimp deletes] and the AB mufflers, which aren't much help. I still have my suitcase but look to tame it down a bit with "J tubes" or resonators or something.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:45 PM   #16
2023ZL1
BLACK 2019 ZL1

Drives: 2007 COBALT, 2019 CAMARO ZL1
Waiting on my MBRP cat-back to show up and then it'll be going in with my CSP 2" headers and catless connection pipes. Car already as a Rotofab intake on it so I just need to grab an AEM wideband and get it tuned.

I have a feeling it'll be really loud lol.
2023ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #17
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
Im going to show you your future here. Are you ready?

You will get an axleback - and it will sound good. Later you will go hmmmm I want more power. What are the mods everyone gets. Then magically headers will end up on your list of first couple mods to start with.

Then once you get those magical headers installed, your ears are going to go $hit its WAY TOO LOUD now. Then you will start scrambling to get a quieter axleback to pair with those new headers.

And out in the distance long forgotten will be your NPP system that you abandoned. And you will long for the days when you still had it, and all the long walks you used to take down the highway with it. And you will wish you still had that wonderful suitcase of metal.

So your next move will be to post on all the FB groups and forums "Looking to trade xxxxxx axleback for your NPP plus cash". And everyone will laugh and stare and say no way man, straight up trade and you handle the swap or no deal. And you will be sad.

So knowing what your future is going to be already, my advice is the stock NPP is the only axleback you should consider. UNLESS, you truly are never going to get headers. If you do take the oh so common path like all others do, for the love of god keep that NPP system in your basement/garage where ever, so you can eventually put it back on which you will.

Take this free advice.
I will definitely keep my stock npp
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 09:22 AM   #18
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

You will get an axleback - and it will sound good. Later you will go hmmmm I want more power. What are the mods everyone gets. Then magically headers will end up on your list of first couple mods to start with.

And out in the distance long forgotten will be your NPP system that you abandoned. And you will long for the days when you still had it, and all the long walks you used to take down the highway with it. And you will wish you still had that wonderful suitcase of metal.

So your next move will be to post on all the FB groups and forums "Looking to trade xxxxxx axleback for your NPP plus cash". And everyone will laugh and stare and say no way man, straight up trade and you handle the swap or no deal. And you will be sad.

So knowing what your future is going to be already, my advice is the stock NPP is the only axleback you should consider. UNLESS, you truly are never going to get headers. If you do take the oh so common path like all others do, for the love of god keep that NPP system in your basement/garage where ever, so you can eventually put it back on which you will.

Take this free advice.
This exactly. Luckily I kept my NPP suitcase.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:45 AM   #19
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:

Take this free advice.
Simply adding resonators between the headers and the cat back and it will make the car sound way better than the tin can sounding suitcase. I would never even consider going back to it.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #20
45LongColt

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
Borla Atak NPP!!!!
Big Gulp|NW103|SW Headers|UHO CATS|XPipe|Borla Atak|MM CC|Kong Ported|NSX|ATI Damper|DSX 9.45 Lower|ZPE 2.5 Upper|DM Tensioner|FW Green Belt/BTR Gen V LT4 Cam w/32% lobe/BTR VVT Lockout/Pratt & Miller Chain/BTR Pushrods,Valve Springs, Retainers, Hydraulic Lifters & Guide Plate, Trunnion Roller|Katech Valley|KaTech Valve Covers|MSD Coils|DSX E Sensor & Aux Pump|ICT Water Pump|Katech Oil Pump|Cordes & Mishimoto Expansion Tanks|P3 Gauge|LC-2 Wideband Sensor|KaTech Wires|DynoJet Tuned
45LongColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 04:45 PM   #21
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Stock NPP with 3" tips.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 06:14 PM   #22
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
The best axel back is the one each of us is using.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:40 AM   #23
Tonyms2249

Drives: 17 Zl1
AWE Touring axel back ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

Has the deep sound you want and 0 drone
Tonyms2249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #24
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Love my AWE Touring cat back with Black tips!

Bought this car and want the muscle car sound not a sewing machine closed valve smashed pipe sound.

Absolutely zero highway drone and sounds Nascar unleashed when pushed to the floor.

But to each his own, search you tube and find one you like. I liked the AWE and found it on sale when I got mine.
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 06:01 PM   #25
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
If I do an axle back I would go with Corsa NPP.

AWE Touring would be up there too, but I don't want to lose the factory NPP option.

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:03 AM   #26
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Imo, "best" is all about your preference. But if you ever plan on going headers, let alone possibly catleas, you may want to see which axle back sounds best ''to you'' that was as well.

I went borla S Type for my axle back when I got my axle back over a year ago. I'm glad I did cause after I went headers, no cats and x pipe, while it's VERY loud on start up, it sounds great after it's warmed up and normal driving. No drone or excessive cabin noise.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote