Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #15
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Hey DanaM, I thought you said about a month ago that you weren't buying a Camaro. That you bought something else. Right?
Yeah there for a little bit when I got my ram I was going mad mod crazy I thought I was going to do a whole bunch of stuff to that truck but then I decided to hold off on some of that. I mean I was really never looking for a race truck.

But yeah with the down payment and trading the charger in I figured I could get a pretty good deal. Still back and forth as far as being apprehensive though you know first year issues with new cars but then on the other hand I don't want to lose features by getting a 2017 model like some car companies do when they pull stuff the second year of production.

The thing I need to do is just get behind the wheel that's what will make or break the deal
Adele my thought is it will surely make the deal plus my fever for the Camaro 6 has never really subsided. :-)

Not sure what I would get on the Charger but it has about 30k in mods. Might put it on ebay just to see.
Attached Images

Last edited by DanaM; 11-27-2015 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Trade in for SS - Dodge Charger
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
DanaM

And actually the dealership called me late this afternoon not sure if they seen the post here or what but they called told me about those two Camaros.

I told them I was on the lot around 2 a.m. and had seen them and that maybe I'll stop by tomorrow and drive them. I would have went up there right after they called but this Black Friday traffic is ridiculous
Old 11-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #17
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM View Post
......The thing I need to do is just get behind the wheel that's what will make or break the deal
Adele my thought is it will surely make the deal plus my fever for the Camaro 6 has never really subsided. :-)
Don't let a no call make you that upset. The salesman that you talked to might not be that organized.

I'd bet if you drive the '16 Camaro...you'll end up driving it home.
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:30 PM   #18
DanaM

The other crazy thing about being up on a lot this morning they had about 10 to 15, 2015s on their lot all lined up

was a beautiful sight but I'm wondering if a lot of these dealerships are going to get caught with a lot of older model Camaros they can't get rid of.

O I'm behind the service building that had a 1969 and 1970 Camaro z28 both of them looked like they needed some work I bet folks could one of those for the right price.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:51 PM   #19
BigShow1960
BigShow

Drives: 2017 1 Camaro + Chevy Avalanche
I've been in Columbus for almost 20 years. I was a regular Jack Maxton Customer until recently. I'll never go back to Jack Maxton. Their service department has been been in my opinion unsatisfactory. The latest issue was that they did not stand behind their body/paint repair work from about 5 years ago.
BigShow1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:34 PM   #20
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM View Post
The other crazy thing about being up on a lot this morning they had about 10 to 15, 2015s on their lot all lined up

was a beautiful sight but I'm wondering if a lot of these dealerships are going to get caught with a lot of older model Camaros they can't get rid of.

O I'm behind the service building that had a 1969 and 1970 Camaro z28 both of them looked like they needed some work I bet folks could one of those for the right price.

My local dealer has ~ 15 Gen 5 V6 Camaros and ~ 5 Gen 5 LS3's. I've seen deals on the 2015 LS3s for about $33,500.
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #21
DanaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow1960 View Post
I've been in Columbus for almost 20 years. I was a regular Jack Maxton Customer until recently. I'll never go back to Jack Maxton. Their service department has been been in my opinion unsatisfactory. The latest issue was that they did not stand behind their body/paint repair work from about 5 years ago.
Not sure about service and paint but Sales recently sold a buddy of mine and his wife a new SUV and he said the experience was great. They have been there for years and I remember they use to have a hell of a salesman in Brian Delma (heck of a guy who almost became my brother in law a few times thru the years), God rest his soul.

I still back Maxton Chev. I was just surprised and maybe a little steamed I did not get a call but, it sounds like John, my sales guy, may have been out of the office or they got those two SSs in late Wednesday. When he did call this afternoon he seemed excited for me.

Im sorry your experience was not good, that is not cool not to stand behind your work.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #22
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I'd take the full size truck pictured above....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #23
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The update looks good but I still love mine. Figures they would refresh after two years when I buy a new one lol. That never happens !

My 14 Silverado is a great truck. Probably the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I love it!
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:47 PM   #24
DannyB

Drives: Impala
You may want to pull down the pics of your vehicles showing the tag numbers for both your truck and charger.

DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:52 PM   #25
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Why are some people do paranoid of pictures being posted with license plate in the shot?
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 PM   #26
DanaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
You may want to pull down the pics of your vehicles showing the tag numbers for both your truck and charger.

Thank youyouj
Old 11-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #27
DanaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
I'd take the full size truck pictured above....
I would take the German Shepherd in my picture above of the cars in the garage. She is the best companion ever. then I would take the Silverado then I would take my Dodge Ram then the 2016 Camaro and then my charger but the last two might be interchangeable