#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #15
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
I'm buying one or the other, I have no allegiance to any company. I wish the challenger was making a new generation too because I'd consider that also. Love them all.

Team USA
I'm a bit disappointed in the 'refresh' of the Challenger. Dodge took a lot of mess over the 'plain' interior on the '14 and older, but the new dash and all the curvy crap just doesn't fit in my opinion. Much prefer the earlier. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the next generation. Hopefully they don't do to the Challenger what they did to the Charger. I guess some folks like it.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #16
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahighroller View Post
So far have not gotten to get on it too much. Only had 16 miles when we got it delivered so still in the break in period. I will say though I am very impressed with the power out of that thing. Especially when you consider it is a 4 Cylinder. I guess it actually puts out more horsepower than the v6 version. I cannot imagine how fast the GT is. I will say compared to my 2011 2SS the interior blows my Camaro away. Nicer seats. Obviously many more bells and whistles being 4 year newer technology. There are some things I really hope the new Camaro incorporates. Cooled seats. Ability to change the ambient lighting inside to almost any color you could want. Nicer leather. Even has a cool but obviously splurge option where when you open the door at night it shines a mustang symbol on the ground.
Fords don't have a breakin so drive it hard.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #17
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Mustang EB needs the Focus RS's 2.3 and it's 345/324 yesterday.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #18
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I like it!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #19
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Congrats! Other than the turbo lag, that is a really nice car. I had one for 10 days when my Camaro was in the shop and really began to love the new look of the 6th gen mustang. Someday I wanna get behind the wheel of the GT, or even a GT350, and see what that's like!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #20
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Its dainty, which is why chicks love them so much.

We had a 4cyl Eco-turbo show up at Mustang vs. Camaro track day last weekend, it placed 3rd simply because we only had 2 Camaros in that class.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #21
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Congrats! Other than the turbo lag, that is a really nice car. I had one for 10 days when my Camaro was in the shop and really began to love the new look of the 6th gen mustang. Someday I wanna get behind the wheel of the GT, or even a GT350, and see what that's like!!!
I loved driving the new GT, interior is definitely the biggest improvement from a Camaro and the power is way up there. I thought the seats were pretty comfortable too in comparison.

But the 16 Camaro might be better, it's hard to say from pictures alone. There are definitely aspects of the mustang I didn't like, but I could see some people liking. The old-style huge switches were a big turn off for me, seemed tacky

I also read somewhere that the 4 cylinder Camaro is faster than the 4 cylinder Mustang, which means the slowest 16 Camaro is faster than the second middle-range Mustang, not including the GT350
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote