Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2021, 01:35 AM   #15
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
matt Everette just gave an update on what's going on, remember there are over 2,000 units of 2020 Camaros sitting at the factory lot(s) without any form of computer/chip(s), yeah the dealer will hold you a spot for a car but it wont be until the September/October timeframe(according to what he gathered), but the dealers are out of the loop when it comes to this type of information due to camaro being on the back burner

D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:00 AM   #16
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
matt Everette just gave an update on what's going on, remember there are over 2,000 units of 2020 Camaros sitting at the factory lot(s) without any form of computer/chip(s), yeah the dealer will hold you a spot for a car but it wont be until the September/October timeframe(according to what he gathered), but the dealers are out of the loop when it comes to this type of information due to camaro being on the back burner

Great video that explains what all of us have been saying.

part of the blame lays on GM and the bean counters. Yes, the semi conductor shortage has hurt all the car makers, but not nearly as bad as GM. GM cut back on their semi conductor orders last year during lockdown but they should have known that wasn't going to last forever.

Other companies like Ford and Kia are still pumping cars out. Ford still has plenty of new Mustangs for sale, even 2020 left overs.

I drove past the huge Kia dealer today with the mega sized lot and they still have a large stock of various Kias for sale.

The allocation hurts too. As I said before Covid hit finding a NEW Camaro SS or LT1 at dealers was very tough. Usually they would have one of them if you're lucky and they are loaded up. GM just doesn't care about the Camaro. Ford doesn't treat the Mustang like this at all.

I don't see how Chevy continues to make the Camaro with the way they treat the car it's clear they don't care anymore about the Camaro and put no effort into promoting it or having good incentives.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:12 AM   #17
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Great video that explains what all of us have been saying.

part of the blame lays on GM and the bean counters. Yes, the semi conductor shortage has hurt all the car makers, but not nearly as bad as GM. GM cut back on their semi conductor orders last year during lockdown but they should have known that wasn't going to last forever.

Other companies like Ford and Kia are still pumping cars out. Ford still has plenty of new Mustangs for sale, even 2020 left overs.

I drove past the huge Kia dealer today with the mega sized lot and they still have a large stock of various Kias for sale.

The allocation hurts too. As I said before Covid hit finding a NEW Camaro SS or LT1 at dealers was very tough. Usually they would have one of them if you're lucky and they are loaded up. GM just doesn't care about the Camaro. Ford doesn't treat the Mustang like this at all.

I don't see how Chevy continues to make the Camaro with the way they treat the car it's clear they don't care anymore about the Camaro and put no effort into promoting it or having good incentives.

o ok, GM created a problem before shit hit the fan, that does not make sense, well what has GM not done in the past that has come into question in terms of business practices and consumer affairs

Last edited by D.O.M.D1; 05-19-2021 at 11:18 PM.
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:03 AM   #18
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Jump on AutoTrader. Find someone that has a car you want or something similar. Fly out and drive it home. Trade it off when the new ones are available. That's what I'd do.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:07 AM   #19
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Jump on AutoTrader. Find someone that has a car you want or something similar. Fly out and drive it home. Trade it off when the new ones are available. That's what I'd do.
Depending on the spec of the car, and what your buying ability is... most dealers are not willing to give their inventory away for nothing. If you want a good deal (and get exactly what you want), you have no choice but to order. Chances are, you will be paying close to sticker if not above for something on the lot.

People are willing to pay for these exorbitant prices, so why would the dealer sell to you or I at a much lower price? And on top of that, he will be sitting with no car for possibly several months to come.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:45 AM   #20
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Why does Camaro always get the shaft? This Camaro shortage went on before Corona as well. Even before Corona it wasn't easy finding a Camaro because dealers didn't carry a surplus of them.

The Chevy and Jeep Stealership down the road has a shortage problem of cars big time, BUT their lots are full of SUVs and Jeeps. SUVs everywhere.

Camaro is very important car. Fun to drive compared to a slow Equinox.
It's because Camaros aren't highly desirable and therefore they don't sell enough of them to be one of GMs high profit models.

Some dealers don't stock a lot of them because they just don't have a lot of demand for them. Dealers tend to stock what sells best for them. Camaros sell very well here and that's why I stocked a lot of them when times were normal.

Camaro is important to us but to GM, it's really not. The models that drive profit are the ones that are most important to them.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #21
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It's because Camaros aren't highly desirable and therefore they don't sell enough of them to be one of GMs high profit models.

Some dealers don't stock a lot of them because they just don't have a lot of demand for them. Dealers tend to stock what sells best for them. Camaros sell very well here and that's why I stocked a lot of them when times were normal.

Camaro is important to us but to GM, it's really not. The models that drive profit are the ones that are most important to them.
Trucks are high margin and SUV not far behind.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:19 PM   #22
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Depending on the spec of the car, and what your buying ability is... most dealers are not willing to give their inventory away for nothing. If you want a good deal (and get exactly what you want), you have no choice but to order. Chances are, you will be paying close to sticker if not above for something on the lot.

People are willing to pay for these exorbitant prices, so why would the dealer sell to you or I at a much lower price? And on top of that, he will be sitting with no car for possibly several months to come.
That isn't what I was suggesting, sorry... I wasn't very clear. I was suggesting finding a used car similar to what you are ordering. Buy it and drive it while you wait. If I wanted a Camaro and needed to order it to get exactly what I wanted... If I had to wait months or even over a year, I would find a used car similar or close to what I want, buy it and drive it until my ordered car comes in. Then just sell or trade the used one. Just what I would do... I don't have the patience to sit and wait for something for months or even a year.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #23
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
That isn't what I was suggesting, sorry... I wasn't very clear. I was suggesting finding a used car similar to what you are ordering. Buy it and drive it while you wait. If I wanted a Camaro and needed to order it to get exactly what I wanted... If I had to wait months or even over a year, I would find a used car similar or close to what I want, buy it and drive it until my ordered car comes in. Then just sell or trade the used one. Just what I would do... I don't have the patience to sit and wait for something for months or even a year.
And you would be signing up for losing money, almost guaranteed... The majority of the used vehicle pricing is so inflated, ESPECIALLY the Camaro's. My 2SS is currently on the lot for almost the sticker price that it sold for back in '17. People are allowed to spend their money as they please, but I could never recommend that to someone....not now, anyway.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:09 PM   #24
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
And you would be signing up for losing money, almost guaranteed... The majority of the used vehicle pricing is so inflated, ESPECIALLY the Camaro's. My 2SS is currently on the lot for almost the sticker price that it sold for back in '17. People are allowed to spend their money as they please, but I could never recommend that to someone....not now, anyway.

You can still find plenty of new Mustang GTs though, even left over new 2020 at good prices and used as well.

If the Camaro is so unpopular as many state on here then why are they inflating the price so much if there isn't much demand for the car, minus us on this forum.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #25
zaimer

Quote:
You can still find plenty of new Mustang GTs though, even left over new 2020 at good prices and used as well.

If the Camaro is so unpopular as many state on here then why are they inflating the price so much if there isn't much demand for the car, minus us on this forum.
Supply and demand. This is been covered a hundred times already, but there is very little demand for the Camaro and it may always be that way. Camaro's simply aren't great sellers. (which is WHY the new orders for these cars are not priority for GM's production)

What little demand there previously was for the Camaro has been magnified by the supply shortage. There are very few Camaro's on the lot and you can barely order one at this point, so that drives the used prices up.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #26
Yaz8

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS
If anyone checks in the Chevrolet site and builds a Camaro they give the inventory to match. About a week ago they added a handful of Camaros with a "In Transit" status. I'm not sure why during the current circumstances? I don't even know if "In Transit" means it's shipped from the factory or something else to be honest.
Yaz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:40 PM   #27
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Supply and demand. This is been covered a hundred times already, but there is very little demand for the Camaro and it may always be that way. Camaro's simply aren't great sellers. (which is WHY the new orders for these cars are not priority for GM's production)

What little demand there previously was for the Camaro has been magnified by the supply shortage. There are very few Camaro's on the lot and you can barely order one at this point, so that drives the used prices up.

The used ones I see listed don't seem to be moving very fast as well.

These dealers who inflated the prices and gave $$ to get them what's going to happen later in the summer when new Camaros can be ordered for nearly the same price as the used? Will they slash the used to get rid of them or just keep them sitting for months and months at inflated prices?
Old 05-19-2021, 02:52 PM   #28
zaimer

Quote:
The used ones I see listed don't seem to be moving very fast as well.

These dealers who inflated the prices and gave $$ to get them what's going to happen later in the summer when new Camaros can be ordered for nearly the same price as the used? Will they slash the used to get rid of them or just keep them sitting for months and months at inflated prices?
If they do it well, I'm thinking they will balance where their pricing needs to be with where the Camaro production is sitting. I.e. the dealer will accept offers close to breaking even, if not breaking even, versus losing money further on. (cut your losses while you're ahead)

Most of the dealerships will be alright, I would be concerned with the customer's purchasing at these crazy prices. The average car deal is typically underwater as it is, that is before covid and the inflated values.