Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-27-2019, 07:25 AM   #15
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trz174 View Post
Oddly enough, I just had the same problem. None of the solutions above worked for me. While in the trunk (on my back, in the dark with a flashlight), I noticed a hole next to the latch. The hole is the access for another manual release option. It looks like a 3/8 hex square would work, but it’s not a 3/8 square. So, I used a medium sized screwdriver that fit across the square and turned it. The trunk popped right open.

Thanks for sharing!
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:48 PM   #16
boss2k

Drives: 23 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltronicx18 View Post
Loosen the rubber stopper. About one turn around and it should work from there.if doesn't work it could be the electronic trunk popper broken!
I had the same issue today on my brand new 23 ZL1, is this the fix?
Old 07-28-2023, 07:42 AM   #17
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '24 GMC Canyon Elevation
My '23 LT1 trunk started to act up...not opening when double clicking the fob. It eventually opened, so I applied a little clear SuperLube synthetic grease to both the ends of the latch. That did the trick. It was just too dry.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:16 AM   #18
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
so I applied a little clear SuperLube synthetic grease to both the ends of the latch. That did the trick. It was just too dry.
A couple puffs of powdered graphite into the mechanism can often help stubborn locks/latches.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:08 PM   #19
Madmax_Casper

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro Convertible LT
There is a lock behind the backseat on the top. Use the key on your fob. And it opens up.
Madmax_Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2024, 05:41 AM   #20
Shock and Steel

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax_Casper View Post
There is a lock behind the backseat on the top. Use the key on your fob. And it opens up.

I had the same "trunk won't open" issue. The dealer told me about the hidden manual lock behind the back seat, and the key extender that helps you get leverage. I could barely get enough force to activate the manual release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
More than likely it is the black round stoppers in the trunk are out of adjustment. This is a common issue, simply push down on the trunk while pushing the trunk open button and when it opens adjust the round stoppers until it opens properly.

Pushing on the trunk helped open it, but now I'm not sure out to adjust the round stoppers. Can anyone post a pic of what they look like?
Shock and Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 07:04 AM   #21
Shock and Steel

As of the last couple weeks, my trunk would not open with any of the electronic switches, but opens manually (with the hidden key). I tried all of the suggestions in this thread and nothing helps the trunk release. I'm at the dealer now, to see if they can figure it out. I'm skeptical that they will be able to fix it, but maybe they will pleasantly surprise me. I might the electronic portion of the release might be broken, or a connection may have come undone. I'll report back after I hear from the tech.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:26 AM   #22
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Steel View Post
I'm skeptical that they will be able to fix it, but maybe they will pleasantly surprise me.
These latches are usually pretty simple.
The loop of steel which attaches to the trunk lid is about 1/4". Chances are the largest philips head screwdriver in your toolbox is similar diameter. So you can use the screwdriver to activate the latch without closing the lid and see what happens. Maybe the latch got contaminated or a piece of spring broke off and is binding.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:27 AM   #23
Shock and Steel

My trunk release problem had nothing to do with the adjustments of the rubber stoppers, or pushing down on the trunk, then pulling up.

There is a design flaw in my trunk area. When the convertible top clearance panel is off, the trunk release cable is prone to catching the exposed post... so much so that it pulled the connection off the release mechanism. I designed a foam tab that can install on the left post that prevents the cable from catching that post. Since it's the right post that tells the car the panel is connected (making it possible to lower the roof), placing this foam tab on the left post does not trick the car into thinking the clearance panel is installed.

I think I fixed the problem. I think the design flaw could be avoided if the factory installer would twist the release cable in a different way, so it would not lean backward toward that exposed post.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:39 AM   #24
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock and Steel View Post
I designed a foam tab that can install on the left post that prevents the cable from catching that post.
Nice job!
Some photos might help other 'vert owners.
Old 09-20-2024, 11:09 AM   #25
Shock and Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Nice job!
Some photos might help other 'vert owners.

Here you go...
Attached Images