Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #15
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
You got a Lemon, use the law and get a new black 2018 SS 6 speed manual with black 5 spoke rims, magna ride, and dual mode exhaust.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 07-10-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: ,k
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I hope you will share dealer names with us!

The reason I own a Camaro not a Mustang today is due in large part to local dealer experiences. (I have lived in my area for decades.)

Maybe you can help potential buyers in your area make good decisions. I really detest dealers who don't care about customers once the sale is made. Fortunately, one of those went out of business because there was another same brand dealer only 15 miles away.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #17
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldraxian View Post
I bought a 2016 2SS A8 with 27 miles on it. I love the car to death, get all the fluids changed, don't do burnouts, don't race with it, a few pulls here and there.
Last year I had issues with multiple dealerships when it came to servicing the car.

The first oil change I got, the dealership drained all the oil, replaced with 3 quarts of oil and left the plug out. Luckily, the engine did not seize and survived the event. The same dealership attempted to void my warranty because they claimed I "modified" the bolt on the trunk hydraulic system.

About 2 months later I got rear differential groan. I go to a different dealership, who claimed the sound was normal and that I should not worry. Immediately, I went to Valvoline, and had them replaced the rear differential fluid. The fluid was black and full of metal. I brought the car back to the dealership as the groan was happening even after the suggested fix from this forum (Helped for about a week). The dealership takes my car for two weeks, then calls me saying they couldn't replicate the issue. I take one of the tech's on a test drive, as I am backing out of the parking space, you can clearly hear the rear differential groaning. The tech finally admits there is a significant groaning coming from the rear.

The dealership flushed the fluid 3 times as suggested by the bulletin but the rear diff was damaged and a full replacement was ordered. I winterized my car a week after the new differential was put in.

Edit: Of the 21 months I have owned this car, 10 of those months, it has been in winter storage. Another 5-6 months, it has been in the shop for repair. Leaving 6-7 months of actual drive time where most of that time was experiencing groaning or rubble strip shuddering.

After taking the car out of winter storage, about 500 miles later, the rear differential starts to groan again. At the same time, when the car goes to shift, it gets stuck in between gears and felt like driving over a rumble strip.

I bring the car with the paperwork from the last fix and tell them that both the rear differential and the Torque Converter seem to be not working properly. The dealership tells me they did not experience any issues with the TC and the Rear differential. After about 2 weeks, my car would not get out of the rumble strip shaking, the issue no longer only occurred when switching between gears. The dealership experienced the shaking, replaced the fluid in the torque converter and claimed that they had fixed my rear differential.

Not 6 days later, I get the rear differential groan AGAIN. I love this car but I am getting extremely irritated at the horrendous customer service I get at these dealerships. I love my Camaro as everything about it is perfect with the exception that it wasn't a ZL1. I do not know what to do other than part ways with this car. I have not been able to drive this car, without it shaking or groaning since July of last year.

If anyone has ideas on what to do, please help.

ahhh welcome to the club.

"The dealership flushed the fluid 3 times as suggested by the bulletin but the rear diff was damaged and a full replacement was ordered. I winterized my car a week after the new differential was put in."

my shitty dealers didn't even get to this point they flushed it once and told me sorry about your luck. still groans and now the diff makes a terrible grinding noise.

opened a case with GM and the lady wouldn't even call me back, I had to call her back at 4PM and another rep says OH SHES SCHEDULED TO CALL YOU AT 3PM EASTERN....even though it was 4PM. that itself showed me what to expect.

I had my car for 10 months and got not even 30 days of enjoyment out of it with constant issues (AFM lifters, NPP rattle twice, vent dash thud, rear end groan, rear diff grind, radio malfunctions, many that are not fixed still)

I had to bring it in three times and ride with them because they kept saying they couldn't hear it. did one flush and made the sound not only worse on left turns, but now makes a grinding sound turning right. I pulled it out of the parking spot and it sounded terrible. guy tells me sorry we have the rental you just used booked tomorrow so you're gonna have to take your car and bring it back Monday. is that a joke???

so I bring it in again.
of course after performing the bulletin of ONE FLUSH, they tell me there is no issue, this is a characteristic of the vehicle and we are closing this case. so there is a fix...but now its a characteristic of the vehicle even though it only started making the sound at 5600 miles? what a sad excuse and just a pathetic level of effort given. I never once was rude or gave them any kind of attitude or tone.
on top of that the dealership parking my car under a tree causing yellow sap to be caked all over it and I showed the service manager of Chesrown GM in Delaware, OH. along with my driver door paint being chipped because they parked my car 8 inches next to others with black finger prints all around the contact area like they thought it would rub off. all he has to say is they are not a body shop so sorry about my luck.
I mention this to the GM rep on the case (Erica) and she asks them and of course someone who works in sales spoke with her and told her that IT NEVER HAPPENED. I just blew it off because I was so dumb founded including I used to work for them.

it was then I opened a BBB case and GM contacted me again... didn't offer anything just wanted to see where I was at in the case.
and keep contacting me for updates to offer something if we make progress on the case. so we did and I did not inform them of it and
all they had to offer is an extended powertrain warranty..

so the verdict as I see is.. we notice you have a problem that you drive with every day, if it happens to break in that time we will fix it but heres a warranty so we don't have to deal with you..

why couldn't they just complete the bulletin to change the fluid? I didn't even ask for a replacement diff or converter.

the most pathetic experience ive ever had with any kind of company.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #18
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
Sorry man. I'm frustrated for you, I can only imagine how ragey you must be.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #19
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
time to trade in for a zl1 or a manual ss lol

Tags
rear differentail, torque converter