#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2019, 08:55 PM   #15
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
That is simply not true and this thread isn't about which one is better or to turn into a pissing match about money.

It is an informative observation for those interested in knowing. Lets' stay on topic here.
I don't think he was trying to create anything. Just stating facts. Economics has a lot to do with this topic whether you want to admit it or not.

Only other reason for not choosing one over the other is ride quality. One can be a daily driver and the other not so much.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:32 PM   #16
fosterelli

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I don't think he was trying to create anything. Just stating facts. Economics has a lot to do with this topic whether you want to admit it or not.
Agree. Economics most often decide a Camaro owner's choice not to move through the ranks...either they can't afford to move higher up the Camaro food chain or they don't want/need to move up the Camaro food chain. A personal choice either way.

Then the ZL1 1LE comes into play and that really talks to one's budget/preferences/needs/desires. It's not for everyone, and it's for even less people if money is tight or it needs to be the daily driver.
fosterelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:48 PM   #17
dangjohnny

Drives: ‘21 ZL1 1LE 6MT
The ZL1 1LE is better in almost every way. However two things I like better about the 2SS 1LE. These are the reasons I have not traded up to a ZL1 1LE.

One is the sunroof option. The normal ZL1has the option but not the ZL1 1LE. Some have no care about the sunroof. It has the option for people like me must have a sunroof.

Second is the wheels. The stock wheels for the SS 1LE are better looking than the ZL1 1LE. But subjectivity so whatever.
dangjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
I think you are replying to the wrong thread, LOL. Put the joint down.
I Smoked it.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:04 PM   #19
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Since the dealer let me test drive it and I didn't want to be a total dick and just say bye, I decided to let the dealer "run numbers" just for fun. They offered $30K for my 2SS 1LE with 8K miles on the clock. LOL.
Well...that's a start. If you give the dealer a couple days, revisit and negotiate, you'll be in a new ZLE by the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
There is only one reason a person would choose the SS 1LE over the ZL1 1LE and that's money.
Damn! Now there sits the elephant!
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:05 PM   #20
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlr8ion View Post
There is only one reason a person would choose the SS 1LE over the ZL1 1LE and that's money.
While the OP was rather naive to post such a one-sided comparison here, someone who wants the highest performing naturally aspirated 6th gen would be stuck with the poor, plebeian SS 1LE.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:15 PM   #21
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
While the OP was rather naive to post such a one-sided comparison here, someone who wants the highest performing naturally aspirated 6th gen would be stuck with the poor, plebeian SS 1LE.
What was naive about it? It was simply observations from my perspective... This is what this car feels like to me, this is what that car feels like to be. There was no hidden message or agenda here.

Not sure why some get bent out of shape over something so trivial.

Nobody has to agree, nobody has to justify their purchase, nobody needs to make it well if you can't afford that, then you get this.

The internet keyboard jockeys just loves drama, LOL

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:16 PM   #22
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Seriously...I have never found the ride quality as harsh as what the ZLE is made out to be. I also knew what I was purchasing too. My Viper was a car that could beat you to death, but with that car too, I enjoyed every mile I put on it.

Last edited by 1hprush; 01-28-2019 at 08:56 PM.
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 02:48 AM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The standard ZL1 would have been the best "compromise" between the two.

This is not a diss to the SLE guys. But I do not think I would choose a SLE over the ZLE. That is just a flaw with my thinking because I feel like I gotta have the best available. As far as ride quality, my ZL1 stays in Track Mode all the time. However Track Mode on my Hellcat is very harsh and bumpy. I've tried to tough it out but ultimately I decided it wasn't wortj being uncomfortable when I can just change it to Sport Mode and be fine. Now if it was a car like the ZLE that does not give you the option to switch modes, then I would just have to deal with it. Incidentally I've asked people who have had Hellcats and the ZLE how the suspension compared and they've all told me that the ZLE is not as harsh as the HC in Track Mode. So it is doable.

So was the reason you decided against it due to what they were gonna give you on the trade in or was it due to the suspension of the ZLE or some combination of the two? Because again, a standard ZL1 might be the best bet for you. You can get a used one for very cheap now. Low values suck but they also work in your favor.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:38 AM   #24
likerage

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Not sure why some get bent out of shape over something so trivial
I dont think anyone has gotten bent out of shape on you yet even when you came around here trying to say your m3 was as quick as the zl1. You make lopsided statements that appear to me to be you trying to affirm your decisions. Go over to the ss forums and you might get the affirmation you so desperately need.
likerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #25
Pollock
LT4 M6

I was torn between the ZL1 m6 and the ZL1 1LE while I had my 1SS 1LE. The SS really lacked power on the track and street. Ended up with the ZL1 1LE.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #26
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Wow, this went well.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #27
Fredtp

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black Mosaic
My question is, why would you buy a 1LE if you are not going to track it? Is it just to say you have one?
I mean the motor and HP are the same as a regular ZL1.

I am just curious?
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:51 AM   #28
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
If you thought the clutch on the Zl1 1LE was stiff, wait till you drive a Hellcat. You have to be a body builder to work that thing, the fun of the Hellcat totally makes the stuff clutch worth it though.

There’s no denying that the Zl1 1LE is stiff as hell. I’ve learned to deal with it, I’m still running the stock tires on mine. I look forward to switching to Michelin ps4s since they are a better street tire. I personally don’t think my Hellcat in track mode is stiffer than the Zl1 1LE, maybe when I swap my tires my opinion will change.

I bought the Zl1 1LE because the car is special, it had one of the top 10 Nurburgring lap times for 2018 and I LOVE the purpose built look that it has. The car looks like an angry jet fighter. . All the shit people complain about (the stiff suspension, the big wing, lack of sun roof) are some of the things i admire on the car.

I probably won’t ever track the car and if I had to do it over again I’d still buy it because of the reasons stated above.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote