Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 01-25-2018, 07:00 AM   #15
mggeyer

Drives: 2017 hyper blue ss 1le
Absolutely NO slush boxes! This is a Track prepared camaro not a straight line borebox. I would love for the car to be 200 lbs lighter and increased hp ( not through forced induction) realistlically to the 500-525 range. This is somewhat realistic.
mggeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #16
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
I do agree that 19" wheels would be nice. Im running 19" with my snow tires and my autocross tires and they dont look small or out of place. Plus th zl1 1le wheels look amazing and they are 19"
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #17
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
What would make it better? 500lbs lighter, a bit more leather or carbon-fiber accents, wheel-sized trunk-opening, lighter wheels/19", and laser beams.
Fricken laser beams on polar bears riding sharks.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #18
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Tell that to Lamborghini Huracan drivers. You ever hear the term "work smarter not harder"?

Lamborghini has as has many other manufacturers of some of the fastest cars in the world.
I don't consider driving a manual sports car 'work', it's considered 'play' for sure for me. Even when faster on the track, not the same enjoyment.

At least there are many manufacturers that offer an automatic options for those that want one. Honestly, if it in no way increased the price or anything on manuals cars, then why not offer the A10 on the 1LE?

It certainly is not something worth doing if not completely 100% possible within the current cost structure.

I think it is worth considering it likely drives up ALL costs when adding options to cars, complicating the assembly process, which in turn would make an auto option on the 1LE a mistake.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:17 AM   #19
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Wouldn’t recommend the A8, maybe the quick shifting A10, as an option, more power, an option to easily upgrade the speakers /amp (or provide a system that actually sounds good), lightweight donut spare tire, light up the fan(s) and heaters for ventilated seats; leather steering wheel and shift knob option, factory rock guards and clear film that actually protect the paint from the debri the tires throw.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:22 AM   #20
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Tell that to Lamborghini Huracan drivers. You ever hear the term "work smarter not harder"?

Lamborghini has as has many other manufacturers of some of the fastest cars in the world.
Doesn't hold much water when a Camaro goes faster than a ferarri 488

I will agree that for the highest performance, an auto is the way to go, but I think these cars are about driving connection, something that Chevrolet is doing right and many other manufacturers, BMW, Mercedes, and others, are throwing right out the door. The manuals will eventually be gone one day, so we are fighting harder than ever for them to remain in a few cars.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:29 AM   #21
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I don't consider driving a manual sports car 'work', it's considered 'play' for sure for me. Even when faster on the track, not the same enjoyment.

Couldn't agree more. I drive a manual because it's more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

At least there are many manufacturers that offer an automatic options for those that want one. Honestly, if it in no way increased the price or anything on manuals cars, then why not offer the A10 on the 1LE?

It certainly is not something worth doing if not completely 100% possible within the current cost structure.

I think it is worth considering it likely drives up ALL costs when adding options to cars, complicating the assembly process, which in turn would make an auto option on the 1LE a mistake.
The work "word" isnt the focus of the statment. You either get the meaning or you dont.

I love manual cars too but anymore they are here to make someone feel more manly than anything else. Autos are just flat out better most of the time. I get having a love for jamming gears, but people that claim a car is somehow less with an auto is just nonsense in todays world. No road course driver will ever admit to liking an auto better. That would somehow make them appear to be less of a man. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:48 AM   #23
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
The work "word" isnt the focus of the statment. You either get the meaning or you dont.

I love manual cars too but anymore they are here to make someone feel more manly than anything else. Autos are just flat out better most of the time.
Ever drive a subaru 4EAT?

An auto is better if it's good auto that the manufacturer has taken the time to develop and tune. At the lower pricepoints, this often isn't the case. So an auto worthy of this car's track performance would significantly increase the price, then you might actually start to get into where some of the european coupes might start to become more economical or at least comparable as far as price.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #24
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:

How many factory racing cars does Lamborghini campaign? What is their motorsports history like?

Right then, back in your seat.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #25
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I would much prefer a Manual over the GM 8 or 10 speed. They can dress it up as much as they want, but at the end of the day both the 8 and 10 speed are torque converted Automatic Dinosaurs. Its time to develop proper automated dual clutch transmissions like the Porsche PDK.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 AM   #26
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Ever drive a subaru 4EAT?

An auto is better if it's good auto that the manufacturer has taken the time to develop and tune. At the lower pricepoints, this often isn't the case. So an auto worthy of this car's track performance would significantly increase the price, then you might actually start to get into where some of the european coupes might start to become more economical or at least comparable as far as price.
I see what you are driving at with price point. It certainly would up the cost, but I also believe that if you build it he will come. At least offer some exotic daul clutch in the ZL1 1LE
IF it out runs the manual they'll sell everyone.

Look honestly , I think the Gen6 SS 1LE is perfect the way it is. I love it for the bargin it is.
Just laying down some friendly banner on the fellows knocking the automatic transmission.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #27
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K+1LE View Post
How many factory racing cars does Lamborghini campaign? What is their motorsports history like?

Right then, back in your seat.
Who cars. We're not taking about race cars. I dont even like Lamborghinis, but the fact remains that they ran a very fast time at the ring with out a clutch or stick to pull. I only picked the lambo to proove my point that an auto doesn't make a car less of a car. Like others have said, I'm sure cost is what keeps it out of the 1LE packages inorder to have the type of auto required to match the rest of what those cars offer in performance.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #28
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

I love manual cars too but anymore they are here to make someone feel more manly than anything else. Autos are just flat out better most of the time. I get having a love for jamming gears, but people that claim a car is somehow less with an auto is just nonsense in todays world. No road course driver will ever admit to liking an auto better. That would somehow make them appear to be less of a man. Lol

LOL. Typical automatic driver response. Why do you guys always feel the need to justify your choice? Just enjoy your automatic. We don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote