Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #15
TheZman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS m6
I like loud exhaust and drone. I love that basey heady feel drone gives you inside the cabin. Makes the car sound on the inside like it has some balls! ! Maybe im weird tho..
TheZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:37 PM   #16
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuoShicheng View Post
I know alot of the gen5 guys had the same problem and fixed it using the magnaflow x-pipe (http://www.phastekperformance.com/Ca...pipe-11386.htm), but they don't have the '16s listed. Since this is a universal piece of kit, and the gen 6 pipe is also 2.5", will it still work? And if not, is there anything out there that would work with the 6 gens?
Do you still have the stock center resonator in place? If yes, then replacing it with our X unit will not offer any additional help with drone. Your best best is to have some additional mufflers added in the straight run of piping before the existing rear mufflers.

Aside from that, your only other options would be taking a shot with hemholtz chambers or replacing the rear mufflers completely with some larger oval units.
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #17
GuoShicheng

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna_Flow View Post
Do you still have the stock center resonator in place? If yes, then replacing it with our X unit will not offer any additional help with drone. Your best best is to have some additional mufflers added in the straight run of piping before the existing rear mufflers.

Aside from that, your only other options would be taking a shot with hemholtz chambers or replacing the rear mufflers completely with some larger oval units.
Would you mind educating me a bit? Here's a pic of Gen6 undercarriage. What do you mean by center resonator? From looking at diagrams for Gen5 camaros, I was under the impression that the resonators were the black circles on the 6th gen. Is that incorrect? Also, from looking at this diagram, it seems there is no H or X pipe at all with the stock system? Would your xpipe go where the blue rect is?

I am looking at just getting the mid pipes from MRT's catback system to pair up with the axelback since it has h-pipe in it. I am assuming their h-pipe is what they rely on to remove that drone.

Thanks.
Attached Images

GuoShicheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #18
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
This is a picture of the 2016 lgx center resonator.

It is rearward.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/v/...T-91U802-3.jpg
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:42 PM   #19
GuoShicheng

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
This is a picture of the 2016 lgx center resonator.

It is rearward.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/v/...T-91U802-3.jpg
Ahhh gotcha. Ok that answers everything didn't think to look by the rear. I guess the mid pipes from catback should take care of it then.
Thanks.
GuoShicheng is offline   Reply With Quote