#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 08-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #15
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Competition improves the breed. That is a good thing IMHO

I love the look of the new camaro, and there is no doubt the Camaro will have more than enough power; however, I am still keeping an eye on the competition.

Like I posted elsewhere, it looks like the Challenger might get the 5.7L HEMI w/ 340hp as the base V8, which means most Challengers will be fast, but nothing worth trading my current car for unless I can grab one of the 6.1L versions. So for me the Challenger is probably off my list of potential future cars.

So that said, I am waiting to see what Ford can offer when they start actually increasing their engine displacements.

By new years day 2009 I should have a good idea what is next for me.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #16
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I gotta admit, like history has shown (for the last 15 years at least) Dodge knows how to design a mean looking car, and the public is more excited and interested in the "cool looking" Challenger than the Camaro...maybe the movie helped us out some, but in the circles I run in, the Challenger's look is more "interesting" to people....probably helped more that the general public also still doesn't believe the Camaro is going into Production.

Anyway, my point is, the Mustang is always the dime-a-dozen pony car...anyone can get one and make it seem quick. The Dodge "insert car here" is always mean looking, but fat in the pants and not really quality/reliable so doesn't appeal to long-term owners. The Camaro is going to outperform most of it's rivals, look great (maybe not as appealing as some), and HOPEFULLY be built right. That's why I love the history of Chevy...not the best in any ONE area, but the best OVERALL car.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #17
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
the public is more excited and interested in the "cool looking" Challenger than the Camaro...maybe the movie helped us out some, but in the circles I run in, the Challenger's look is more "interesting" to people....probably helped more that the general public also still doesn't believe the Camaro is going into Production.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #18
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
i have to agree with ya MERF..alot of my buddies had no idea that the Camaro was even being produced. My cousin who is a big car buff had no clue that there was even a concept model until i showed him. But what the hell does he know...he likes mustangs

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #19
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
Eh, maybe it's different in your area, but the Camaro isn't nearly as public as the Challenger is...so most people, even those who saw the concept before, dont' know that it really is going into production....hell even though it was in Transformers they think it was just the concept there.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #20
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Quote:
Eh, maybe it's different in your area, but the Camaro isn't nearly as public as the Challenger is...
I seriously doubt that, especially after the release of Transformers. It was a hit at the NAIAS, people have been sending in checks to GM to be the first to own this car and nearly all Chevy dealers have a waiting list for the Camaro. They even applaud engine revs!!
But I understand...
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Well, no. now it's the same deal here. A LOT of people have seen the Camaro,
and Love the way it looks, and the fact it "made an appearance". They don't realize it's going into production! They think it was a show-car only.:eek:

I tell them, and it's like, Whoa - awesome!

The Car made an appearance in our local newspaper. A picture of the Red fiberglass, becuase GM was thinking about using the American Axle plant here for the Zeta production. Of course, they decided on the American Axle in Mexico instead...

I think that once it IS released, there will be an enormous rush to get these cars. I make it a point to ask everybody I know (most of them not car people), whether they've seen the Camaro Concept or not, and what they thought. 90% say "Yeah, I've seen it", and 75% of them say "but I wish they'd build it".

This year and a couple of months wait isn't helping either.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #22
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
and the public is more excited and interested in the "cool looking" Challenger than the Camaro...maybe the movie helped us out some, but in the circles I run in, the Challenger's look is more "interesting" to people....probably helped more that the general public also still doesn't believe the Camaro is going into Production.
Just thought I'd comment that that isn't the case with most people I know.

While there are a few that prefer the Challenger, they are mostly in an age bracket that remembers the original.

The vast majority of people I've shown the pics of the Camaro and Challenger prefer the Camaro's retro/modern/futuristic look to the Challengers blatant copy of the original.

Then there are the couple Mustang fans who wouldn't own either. LOL

I'm willing to admit the Challenger looks much better in person than in pics, but it's still much too retro to appeal to me much. As I've said before, if it looks like my parents could have driven it when they were young, I don't want it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
...I'm willing to admit the Challenger looks much better in person than in pics,...
Isn't that also the case with the Camaro, only more pronounced...so that still makes the Camaro winner in the design department, right?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #24
Eisenhower
I drank what?

I think that the way the challenger looks is too old fashioned, Dodge technically "remade" a 1970's era vehicle. link The interior & technology is updated- but that's it. -Not for me, but their line of 300's?

I actually like the front end of the ford mustang. From the bumper to the end of the front fender looks good, it's the rest of the car that looks ordinary and like the designers didn't put any effort into it. And ford def. needs to put some effort into that sorry engine. 300 hp??? and 40-50 of that is due to the supercharger??? So without the supercharger, that engine is only pushin' 250, maybe 260 hp. They should have never closed their SVT dept. That was the only thing they had going for them.

btw, anyone know how to post a pic embedded within this thread?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #25
Mr. Wyndham

The Mustang GT doesn't have a supercharger...does it? I know the GT500 does, but I didn't think the run-of-the-mill V8 Mustang did.

Your best bet is to use Photobucket. You upload pictures to there. Then link them to your post using the picture icon above your response window.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #26
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Mustang GT doesn't have a supercharger...does it? I know the GT500 does, but I didn't think the run-of-the-mill V8 Mustang did.

Your best bet is to use Photobucket. You upload pictures to there. Then link them to your post using the picture icon above your response window.
If ford made lawnmowers, they would have superchargers! Everything ford makes has a supercharger on it! The power windows have superchargers on them; otherwise the windows would take forever to roll up!!!

thanks for the heads up
Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #27
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Umm the Mustang GT does not have a supercharger, its a NA V8...
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #28
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Umm the Mustang GT does not have a supercharger, its a NA V8...
when did that happen? that was a Bold Move.