Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2019, 10:19 AM   #2423
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
The Challenger 1320 ran an impressive 11.77 at 115
In fairly bad air too - DA ~1900
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #2424
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The GT500 is coming out in MY2020..

The ZL1 came out in MY 2017. MY2018, MY2019, and MY2020. That's FOUR..not three...

And thats still with GM holding back the ZL1 from 2016...
You are 1000% correct. That's what I get for just doing the subtraction in my head and not thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
He was using Mustang math which is a derivative of Ricer Math.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Last I checked, 2020 minus 2017 is 3 years.

Also, 2020 minus 2015 (Hellcat) is 5 years.

Math
That is what I did as well, however Devils Reject is correct. 2017 MY (1) 18 MY (2) 19 MY (3) 20 MY (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
You don’t like cars.com? Careful

Did you know cars.com has the 18 GT A10 press hero pass? ...and the Hellcat press hero pass. ...and the Redeye press hero pass.

Cars.com will also, likely, have the GT500 press hero pass.

FYI - Cars.com never ran the SS or ZL1
That disappoints me that they haven't. I would like to see what they get out of it since they go to a real drag strip and don't use any corrections they just post what the car ran

Quote:
It isn't impressive when the 18 Demon had 808 HP and 840 (R spec'd), then the 19 RE had 797 HP, then the 19 ZR1 pumped out 755 HP...now a year later Ford shows up late to the party with less than the RE and only 5 more than the ZR1. And for all we know, Ford just said "760" to eclipse the ZR1's numbers. So no it isn't impressive to me. The Demon wowed the world in 2018. Then the RE wowed the world with 797. Even the ZR1 turned heads with 755. Now after all that time of mid to high 700s the GT500 shows up after all the waiting and bullshit and we're supposed to be impressed. Sorry dude. Not happening. Maybe your friends over on your forum will clap with you. Go tell them and be happy over there.
So Blaq, you say you were impressed last MY with the ZR-1 755 but now one model year later 760 is not impressive? I know this will open a big can of worms but the GT500 is also much smaller displacement so I think 760 out of 5.2L of displacement is impressive. Yes it DOHC and revs higher to get there but it's still impressive. I mean it has 300 more HP than a GT and almost 200 more foot lbs

Also so far in the 3 reviews I have seen for the RE.

Motor Trend only got an 11.8, Car and Driver only got an 11.8. Cars.com at Great Lakes Dragway did hit a 10.88

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...e-first-drive/
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:40 AM   #2425
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
The GT500 will be a great car, but it is no longer attainable for the average muscle car enthusiast. Isn't that the purpose of American muscle? The previous gen GT500 was attainable. You can walk in a Dodge or Chevy dealer and get a ZL1 below MSRP and an Hellcat probably around or a little below MSRP. Good luck trying to get a GT500 below 100K. Target market is no longer muscle car enthusiasts(with exception of a few). It will be in the hands of rich people who have Lamborghinis and luxury SUVS that will buy this thing because it is 'rare' and 'trendy'.

On the other hand this trend is good for resale value of Ford performance vehicles. They have managed to convince the market that their performance variant cars are worth the hefty markups.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #2426
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
You are 1000% correct. That's what I get for just doing the subtraction in my head and not thinking.

LOL

That is what I did as well, however Devils Reject is correct. 2017 MY (1) 18 MY (2) 19 MY (3) 20 MY (4)

That disappoints me that they haven't. I would like to see what they get out of it since they go to a real drag strip and don't use any corrections they just post what the car ran

So Blaq, you say you were impressed last MY with the ZR-1 755 but now one model year later 760 is not impressive? I know this will open a big can of worms but the GT500 is also much smaller displacement so I think 760 out of 5.2L of displacement is impressive. Yes it DOHC and revs higher to get there but it's still impressive. I mean it has 300 more HP than a GT and almost 200 more foot lbs

Also so far in the 3 reviews I have seen for the RE.

Motor Trend only got an 11.8, Car and Driver only got an 11.8. Cars.com at Great Lakes Dragway did hit a 10.88

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...e-first-drive/
Good points as usual. The HP war moves fast. I'm not saying that 760 HP is not impressive in itself. I think it is impressive as a number. But, with all the 700+ HP that have been out 1-2 years before 2020, I don't think that number has as much of a wow factor as it would have had if it came out just 1 year prior...this year (2019). Remember, 2019 was when Ford originally wanted to have it available. Maybe sooner but 2019 was the target year that we all went by. And I think that they could have gotten away with even less than 760 and been impressed if they reached their target. But the fact that they had to draw this out as long as they did and had to tweak and re-tweak it to get as much as possible tells me that whatever they had would not have impressed their customers. So they had to push more. Like I said, had this been a 2019 release they could have gotten away with less and been fine. A lot changes in a year tho.

Just like how 426 and 455 were amazing in 2010 and 2016 respectively...but when the GT got bumped up to 460 in 2018 not many of us here were impressed. Because mid to high 400s was already what the competition was doing and had been doing for a while. Remember me saying that Ford showed up late to the party doing what everyone else has already been doing for a few years?? Well that applies now.

But yes, 760 as a number and without looking at all the details surrounding the GT500 or the competition's specs, it is an impressive number.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #2427
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

I figured that Idaho did not understand the statement that DR was making...but apparently someone else just refuses to acknowledge basic math...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanolic View Post
No, it means it had 3 model years.
Quote:
I don’t need to re-read anything, your statement was inaccurate. If your gonna to grand stand to Idaho at least get your facts straight.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #2428
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
The GT500 will be a great car, but it is no longer attainable for the average muscle car enthusiast. Isn't that the purpose of American muscle? The previous gen GT500 was attainable. You can walk in a Dodge or Chevy dealer and get a ZL1 below MSRP and an Hellcat probably around or a little below MSRP. Good luck trying to get a GT500 below 100K. Target market is no longer muscle car enthusiasts(with exception of a few). It will be in the hands of rich people who have Lamborghinis and luxury SUVS that will buy this thing because it is 'rare' and 'trendy'.

On the other hand this trend is good for resale value of Ford performance vehicles. They have managed to convince the market that their performance variant cars are worth the hefty markups.
Ford should really separate the GT500 from the standar Mustang lineup. Because at this point it will be in Z06/ZR1 price range. The GT500 should be developed and given a different style than the other Mustangs and put on the Viper/Z06/ZR1 level as far as performance and MSRP goes. Because really, at it's price, can we really say it is the competitor to the ZL1? They should move each Shelby up in status. The GT350 should be up against the ZL1, the GT350R should be against the ZLE, and the GT500 should be up against the Z06 with any R-spec'd GT500 after that aiming at the ZR1.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #2429
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Quote:
The GT500 will be available in the ZL1's 4th MY. No matter how you try to math it out, 2020 is still the 4th MY for the ZL1. Which means that at this point, the GT500 had almost 4 MYs like DR said.
Are you ****ing dense? The 6G ZL1 was in production for 3my with no 500 competitor.
Quote:
I figured that Idaho did not understand the statement that DR was making...but apparently someone else just refuses to acknowledge basic math...
When you aren’t ranting like a lunatic , you’re making false statements and all the quoting without context won’t make you look cool.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #2430
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Ford should really separate the GT500 from the standar Mustang lineup. Because at this point it will be in Z06/ZR1 price range. The GT500 should be developed and given a different style than the other Mustangs and put on the Viper/Z06/ZR1 level as far as performance and MSRP goes. Because really, at it's price, can we really say it is the competitor to the ZL1? They should move each Shelby up in status. The GT350 should be up against the ZL1, the GT350R should be against the ZLE, and the GT500 should be up against the Z06 with any R-spec'd GT500 after that aiming at the ZR1.
I disagree in order for the GT350 to compete directly with the ZL1 it would need a significant power increase (supercharger/turbo). Chevy dropped the Z/28 leaving the ZL1 to carry on the battle. Maybe Chevy should bring back a n/a Z/28 to take on the GT350, and let the ZL1 and GT500 battle it out.

You can see that the interest for the Z/28 is still there within this website's forum.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:42 PM   #2431
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
You have a point, it will be priced closer to the Z06. I wonder what they are doing with the cooling, though. I have a feeling one of them will blow up and catch fire on the track after a few laps.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #2432
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I disagree in order for the GT350 to compete directly with the ZL1 it would need a significant power increase (supercharger/turbo). Chevy dropped the Z/28 leaving the ZL1 to carry on the battle. Maybe Chevy should bring back a n/a Z/28 to take on the GT350, and let the ZL1 and GT500 battle it out.

You can see that the interest for the Z/28 is still there within this website's forum.
Chevy doesn’t have an n/a motor to use in a Z/28 to differentiate it from a SS1LE nor would an n/a Z28 be their top dog track car if they did. It made sense in 2014/15...not any longer.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #2433
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Good points as usual. The HP war moves fast. I'm not saying that 760 HP is not impressive in itself. I think it is impressive as a number. But, with all the 700+ HP that have been out 1-2 years before 2020, I don't think that number has as much of a wow factor as it would have had if it came out just 1 year prior...this year (2019). Remember, 2019 was when Ford originally wanted to have it available. Maybe sooner but 2019 was the target year that we all went by. And I think that they could have gotten away with even less than 760 and been impressed if they reached their target. But the fact that they had to draw this out as long as they did and had to tweak and re-tweak it to get as much as possible tells me that whatever they had would not have impressed their customers. So they had to push more. Like I said, had this been a 2019 release they could have gotten away with less and been fine. A lot changes in a year tho.

Just like how 426 and 455 were amazing in 2010 and 2016 respectively...but when the GT got bumped up to 460 in 2018 not many of us here were impressed. Because mid to high 400s was already what the competition was doing and had been doing for a while. Remember me saying that Ford showed up late to the party doing what everyone else has already been doing for a few years?? Well that applies now.

But yes, 760 as a number and without looking at all the details surrounding the GT500 or the competition's specs, it is an impressive number.
Very fair response. I see where you are coming from. I thought you were saying the 760 itself wasn't impressive, but the way you worded it is pretty much how I felt when I saw the number. My initial reaction was ok cool they delivered on their 700+ by giving it 760 and 760 is a great number but it didn't make go wow because of the reasons you mentioned IE it's been done before.

Quote:
I understood it, but just totally fumbled the math and logic lol

Quote:
It will be really interesting to see what the MSRP of the GT500 is. I think based on the packages offered they clearly have Camaro in their sights. I twill be very interesting to see the MSRP
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #2434
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Are you ****ing dense? The 6G ZL1 was in production for 3my with no 500 competitor.

When you aren’t ranting like a lunatic , you’re making false statements and all the quoting without context won’t make you look cool.
You need to go back to grade school or take a remedial math course or something. I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you. So I give up. You just don't get it.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:32 PM   #2435
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
You need to go back to grade school or take a remedial math course or something. I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you. So I give up. You just don't get it.

Just draw the man a diagram. We've all got MSPaint (or equivalent). That way he can't misunderstand.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:58 PM   #2436
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Why do all these threads turn so toxic?