Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #225
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post

Far too often have I seem this. From all kinds of forums (GMI, FIN, M6G, C5, Challengertalk, SVTP, LS1tech, etc. all of which I post or have posted on) where some people feel that in order to actually enjoy the car of their choice, they also have to hate it's competition and not appreciate that that competition is even there.

Then it gets to a point where they even openly claim to hate the people who even drive them, attempting at every turn to belittle them in some twisted way to "elevate" their own position. I'll stop before this turns into some kind of rant.

So I digress, we have the best performing American Pony cars that have ever been built, no matter what logo rests in the grill, drive it, enjoy it, love it. That's what they're there for.

Someone on here put it more eloquently than this, but summed up it was "some people have their self worth tied up in their cars, and can't bear to have the light shining on something else".

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #226
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
yes itīs more the old tranny than the coyote V8.
If the 10speed auto comes in a year it will be on par with a 2SS, imo.
They track the 4T and the V8 at our Sachsenring and found the T4 all in all more balanced and better for that. But car is still to heavy (M4 weighs under 3600lbs). With a tune it can reach 400hp and torque curve is muuch better.
Blaming the auto tranny on courses that should be run with an M6 is irrelevant. An auto is useless for anything but driving mindlessly in a straight line. Manuals should be compared. No one with any soul is going to test drive one of these cars with an automagic. Could you imagine Randy Pobst running a track with an automagic when there is a perfectly viable M6 option? Laugh.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #227
umatac1

Drives: 2015-Z06 2014-Z51 2013-ZL1
I really like the new stangs look. I did test drive it 3 times but did not pull the trigger.

Congrats on the 2016 Camaro performance.
umatac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #228
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Oh please. Nitrous doesn't even count. It isn't "real power." It's a cheat. You can send Honda's into the 11's with a big enough shot if the motor holds. I'm really anti-nitrous
Is it all FI you're against, or just chemical supercharging?
Old 10-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #229
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Blaming the auto tranny on courses that should be run with an M6 is irrelevant. An auto is useless for anything but driving mindlessly in a straight line. Manuals should be compared. No one with any soul is going to test drive one of these cars with an automagic. Could you imagine Randy Pobst running a track with an automagic when there is a perfectly viable M6 option? Laugh.
You are aware some people are physically incapable of driving a manual or find it extremely painful due to knee/hip/ankle damage..right?

I understand that people are very strongly opinionated about their transmission of choice..but for some it's not a choice.

Chevy and Mopar are smart to offer a viable track package or track performance with the new automatics, Ford should follow as well.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #230
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I don't think anyone should be surprised at the results and if they arethey should get off the drugs lol. If anybody thought the Mustang had a chance of winning this head 2 head they need help lol. Everything pointed to Camaro victory and that is what MT concluded as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmotorsports View Post
thanks for sharing this

the only surprise to me was "Camaro was rougher going down highway, higher wind and road noise"

with the new platform, body and countless hours of wind tunnel didn't really expect that. Altho road noise could be a result of the Run Flats.
That shocked me as well. I thought for sure being an Alpha car it would be more refined, not as refined as a cadillac but have a shot at being nicer than the mustang. For the people that don't just consider performance that could swing them to the Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Anyone that wants to continue to doubt the visibility issue needs to look no further than the front view pictures of both cars in the article.

Mustang.......driver's chin is above the steering wheel

Camaro........driver's nose is above the steering wheel

And my point all along has been that SS buyers will forgive this as long as they have the better performing car.

People shopping the Camaro because it's a sporty coupe probably won't be nearly as forgiving.

Read this article from a neutral POV and it's basically telling you that the Camaro is the better performance car but the Mustang is the better coupe. Quieter, more comfortable, a more compliant ride, and easier to see out of.

Remember when you get away from the enthusiast website, the best performing car isn't necessarily the best selling car.

And as usual..............I hope I'm wrong.
That was what I took away from the article as well. And that shocked me. Never would I think that a review would imply the Mustang is the better cruiser.(mostly from the last reviews bashing the ancient suspension haha) But I was shocked at some of the compliments they gave the mustang on it's interior and how it felt going down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLT_Powered26 View Post
I can't believe motor trend said the mustang interior was better. They can't be serious with that comment. Mustang is full of hard plastic everywhere you look. Plus it was GT PP Premium interior against a base 1SS interior. Still was a nice read tho.
Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Great cars, both of them. Camaro holds up the enthusiast's flag high in all trims.

Mustang can, but mostly with it's Bullitts, Machs, Shelbys, etc. Their mass market models seem to be geared for just that, the "masses".

These two cars are great in that they always give us a reason to keep wanting to drive. They keep driving an enjoyable experience, instead of letting cars become mere appliances and driving a chore.
Yep! props to ford and GM for still offering fun to drive vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
You are aware some people are physically incapable of driving a manual or find it extremely painful due to knee/hip/ankle damage..right?

I understand that people are very strongly opinionated about their transmission of choice..but for some it's not a choice.

Chevy and Mopar are smart to offer a viable track package or track performance with the new automatics, Ford should follow as well.
True if Ford offers a S550 GT500 they need to offer it with an auto as well
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #231
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Is it all FI you're against, or just chemical supercharging?
Just nitrous. If it isn't "always there" it doesn't count in my opinion. FI is awesome.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #232
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

If you are that incapable of driving a manual due to pain, you probably shouldn't be driving, period, but I digress. Then again, the physical incapability to drive has never stopped anyone from getting a driver's license. I doubt there are many one-legged race car drivers out there. Don't you?

Automatics do not perform around a track. They are straight line vehicles. A manual, when driven properly, will decimate an automatic. They don't belong in track-oriented types of cars because the shift points will never be optimal, no matter how good they are programmed. They are not faster, and won't be anytime soon, so it is an invalid comparison.

This isn't an opinion. Automatic transmissions are not used in a track-oriented cars for performance sake. They are there for sales. Most Americans are incapable of driving a manual transmission. It is simply for sales numbers and revenue. If cars were designed solely for performance, track cars wouldn't be offered in an automatic.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #233
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
If you are that incapable of driving a manual due to pain, you probably shouldn't be driving, period, but I digress. Then again, the physical incapability to drive has never stopped anyone from getting a driver's license. I doubt there are many one-legged race car drivers out there. Don't you?

Automatics do not perform around a track. They are straight line vehicles. A manual, when driven properly, will decimate an automatic. They don't belong in track-oriented types of cars because the shift points will never be optimal, no matter how good they are programmed. They are not faster, and won't be anytime soon, so it is an invalid comparison.

This isn't an opinion. Automatic transmissions are not used in a track-oriented cars for performance sake. They are there for sales. Most Americans are incapable of driving a manual transmission. It is simply for sales numbers and revenue. If cars were designed solely for performance, track cars wouldn't be offered in an automatic.
ATS-V A8 sedan turned a better lap time than the M6 coupe. Just let that sit in. A few more years and manuals will disappear from the fast track times. Times are changing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #234
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

Let me just run this by you though, say you wanted a ZL1, but lets say you blew your left knee out a couple of times when you were younger and having to operate a clutch gives you a great deal of pain. Good thing that ZL1 is also offered in a auto right?
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #235
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Let me just run this by you though, say you wanted a ZL1, but lets say you blew your left knee out a couple of times when you were younger and having to operate a clutch gives you a great deal of pain. Good thing that ZL1 is also offered in a auto right?
No, by his own statement because your left leg is comprised you have lost your ability to drive and need to be limited to bumming rides, Uber, taxis and public transportation.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #236
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:

Old 10-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #237
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Oh please. Nitrous doesn't even count. It isn't "real power." It's a cheat. You can send Honda's into the 11's with a big enough shot if the motor holds. I'm really anti-nitrous
OK, so nitrous doesn't count just because you say it doesn't. I don't recall you putting that disclaimer on your original post. You said there is no way a Camaro could get into the 10's without opening it up, and I gave you a solution. In fact, you gave yourself another solution by saying you would FI your engine. How is nitrous any more "cheating" than forcing more air into your engine than it can suck in itself which is exactly what a supercharger does? Both just raise the efficiency of the engine by adding more oxygen and gas. Same thing, just a different delivery system.

Quote:
Just nitrous. If it isn't "always there" it doesn't count in my opinion. FI is awesome.
It is always there if you want it to be. I had a bottle heater that automatically turned on when I turned the car on and remote opener right in my center console on my 4th Gen that took 5 seconds to open if needed which could be done before I even pulled out of my garage. And I'm not going to blow through a 10lb. bottle just driving around or making a couple of passes down the strip.

EDIT: and why so much hate on this forum? People seem incapable of coexisting here and think that there opinion is the only one that matters.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #238
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
There's some serious internet manual transmission driving skillz on display up in here!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote