#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-19-2024, 07:07 PM   #2115
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
On a side note, am I the only one not seeing any of the EV supporters here not owning a GM or Ford EV? I’m not talking about a company provided vehicle, I’m talking about making payments. Blazers and Lyrics available long enough for people to put their $’s towards. Anyone Bueller, Bueller.
GM and Ford's EV's are good but we wanted something very nice, and Cadillac is not a brand we will consider. Our 2nd choice was the Rivian R1S but see also concerns about support and the company being around long enough to warranty it. BMW placed 1st because we've had a great experience with them in the past and they were an attractive lease deal, so the iX won the decision.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM   #2116
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
On a side note, am I the only one not seeing any of the EV supporters here not owning a GM or Ford EV?
European here. Weirdly GM only offer mini EVs in Europe and Ford is limited to the Mustang that clearly isnt actually a Mustang at all.
This is fairly insane when 13% of all new car sales here are EVs.

Teslas are far an away the most popular probably followed by MG's as they are cheap, Kia are doing very well as they have some really interesting designs going on.
In premium cars Audis are probably most popular (I have an etron station wagon, my brother has a GT) as the BMW iXn's are ugly as sin but the more mainstream Beemers are selling well.

The RR Spectre also seems to be selling well despite costing $420K in basic spec.
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM   #2117
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwra View Post
BMW iX's are ugly as sin but the more mainstream Beemers are selling well.
Hey now. lol. We enjoy ours but we understand the looks aren't for everybody. It's roomy inside like a full-size SUV.

Not sure about Europe but iX's are expensive in the US so there aren't that many of them. I don't think the BMW EV sedans do as well here because of the overall preference for utes in the US. We liked the i4 but I'm a tall guy, and it wasn't happening. Can't fit in the 3 series or 4 series either, we were very surprised. I'm 6'3 and change.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote