Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #211
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Were i work it is causing management to be idiots. There so scared they might lose a buck or one of there employed workers gets them sick. They have lost all common sense and cant manage them self out of a wet paper bag.

Times like this you really see what your so called boss's are really made of ...... pathetic really
Old 03-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #212
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
All Kansas schools closed for the rest of the school year.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #213
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
The incompetent's i see daily is outstanding , take care of your self friends. because if you don't no one will for you
Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #214
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
No, the over reaction is way more than what we are used to. The flu itself is less lethal than many others we have had here in the USA.
I heard some more counties are likely to be locked down soon. If this panic keeps up it will hit the fan.
I mentioned the flu because it was brought up a few times but others were as well. Just be cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
Were i work it is causing management to be idiots. There so scared they might lose a buck or one of there employed workers gets them sick. They have lost all common sense and cant manage them self out of a wet paper bag.

Times like this you really see what your so called boss's are really made of ...... pathetic really
Currently I am not working around others so I can only imagine some of the stupidity out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
All Kansas schools closed for the rest of the school year.
Oh wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
The incompetent's i see daily is outstanding , take care of your self friends. because if you don't no one will for you
I’m still quite calm about this and doing the basic preventative tasks. It’s the environment around me/us that’s insane.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #215
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
The reaction to what is ultimately another flu with a high recovery rate is astonishing. It really shows how gullible the masses are. People get sick and die every year. This isn't even as bad as SARS or MERS, which are also a Coronavirus. Being prepared is one thing, but this mass panick and hoarding is just plain awful and stupid. Be proactive, not reactive.

This started affecting my job yesterday. They sent home anyone 70 and older. So now I have to do three peoples job's. I'm only expecting the reactions to this to get worse.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:57 AM   #216
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Per Johns Hopkins Medical Center:

COVID-19 exudes Flu-like symptoms: FACT
As a whole, humans have a >98% chance of surviving COVID-19: FACT
To control COVID-19, wash your hands and avoid large crowds, just the same as you should do to avoid contracting Influenza: FACT
Many COVID-19 patients are being released form the hospital in 5-7 days: FACT

Look, if people want to believe the mass hysteria that their televisions are spouting, be my guest. Everyone certainly has that right. If some people want to act as if contracting COVID-19 is like coming into contact with Sarin gas (which has a mortality rate of ~99.99%). Again, that is their right. If this is how you feel, I suggest fitting yourself with a Hazmat suit and locking yourself in your basement for the next 2 months with plenty of bottled water and toilet paper. I find it difficult to believe that so many people allow their televisions to think for them instead of doing their own in-depth research. To each their own.

Take the necessary precautions and live your lives. Peace.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:26 AM   #217
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Ack...Ack...Argh...Ahchoo...gasp...gasp...ack

Sorry, just a little cannibusvirus from last night.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:39 AM   #218
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_SS10 View Post
This isn't even as bad as SARS or MERS, which are also a Coronavirus.
Not sure where you got your facts from but you are very wrong. SARS killed around 700 people. We are already in the thousands with this virus.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:54 AM   #219
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Not sure where you got your facts from but you are very wrong. SARS killed around 700 people. We are already in the thousands with this virus.
He's talking mortality rate. This thing isn't going to kill any significant amount of people, around the same as the flu maybe. It also kills the people that are on their way out anyway. Insensitive as it is, such is life. No need to track the global economy and create an armageddon for nothing. My fear is the precedent this sets. I hope people learn from it and avoid causing this hysteria in the future rather than repeat mistakes.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:18 AM   #220
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
What is the benefit of blowing this whole situation out of proportion?
Countries are acting according to what health professionals are recommending.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:19 AM   #221
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
We the People MUST start asking questions and getting answers. WHEN DOES THE THREAT EQUAL THE HYPE!? The country is being absolutely decimated over 100 dead. Obama didn’t even declare a national emergency until 4000 died of Swine Flu. The people who will suffer from financial wipeout don’t have decades to live and recover.

Maybe it really is a “BoomerRemover!”
Old 03-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #222
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
This virus doesn't scare me, the mass hysteria, the government, both local & federal totally controlling the people, the fact that the sheeple cant think for themselves, I'm glad to have the means to protect my family and property, I have a feeling that this is going to get ugly.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #223
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
He's talking mortality rate. This thing isn't going to kill any significant amount of people, around the same as the flu maybe. It also kills the people that are on their way out anyway. Insensitive as it is, such is life. No need to track the global economy and create an armageddon for nothing. My fear is the precedent this sets. I hope people learn from it and avoid causing this hysteria in the future rather than repeat mistakes.

Mortality rate 20 times worse than the "flu" .1% vs 2%

People with respiratory problems and heart problems can live for 30 -60 years, they are not "on there way out"
My parents are "significant" to me.
If this is left unchecked it becomes endemic, which means it is here to stay.
Every year you will have to deal with "the flu" and Covid-19.
If 50,000,000 people in the us contract covid-19 with a mortality rate of 2% ?
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #224
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrocket View Post
I'm glad to have the means to protect my family and property, I have a feeling that this is going to get ugly.
Did a little PMCS on our means of protection last night. Even put fresh batteries in the lighty up thingy with the red thingy that cats love to chase. Took awhile to get em all clean and ready but was fun at the same time lol
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote