Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #2129
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
So I started my car this morning and there was a gunshot sound that was extremely loud. My dad had called 911 because he thought I got shot when I opened the garage door. Seriously, he had to call 911 again and tell them it was just a car...they came anyway and I was extremely late for work.

I think I need the res'd x pipe.

I love the way it sounds under 3000 rpm, but there is a a lot of rasp up top. I wish there was a way to get rid of the rasp up top only without effecting the sound down low.
what do you guys think I should do?

Im with you on the gunshot, after a few days of not starting it,it scares the Sh*t out of me when it pops off.

I wish there was an X-pipe that took away the rasp without cutting down the volume.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #2130
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Im with you on the gunshot, after a few days of not starting it,it scares the Sh*t out of me when it pops off.

I wish there was an X-pipe that took away the rasp without cutting down the volume.
Im thinking about getting an x pipe, deleting the rear cats, and deleting the stock resonators. Im the only one with my setup, so anything I do it new. which sucks.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #2131
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Im thinking about getting an x pipe, deleting the rear cats, and deleting the stock resonators. Im the only one with my setup, so anything I do it new. which sucks.
Totally understand with the exception of mc_acoustic that just added my same setup. I was the only one with BBK's and the V1's...but it's awesome at the same time, unique!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #2132
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I really hate our bumper haha it doesn't make the car look aggresive. Was really looking at the ZL1 bumper since it looks B.A but then I cam across the Agressor 1 but heard it had fitment issues but then they came out with the Agressor 2!!!!!!!!!! lol and it looks awesome! Although I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an SS bumper but don't wanna be a poser haha!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #2133
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
I can pick it up in houston. No problem. I checked greyhound and it looks to be about 70$ exact. I might as well do that. Where can I find a box that big though? 75long x30 tall x 20wide ?
one last option.....

Take off your front fascia in houston, and drive it to dallas with everything hanging out..
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #2134
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post
one last option.....

Take off your front fascia in houston, and drive it to dallas with everything hanging out..
I thought about that too
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #2135
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
So I started my car this morning and there was a gunshot sound that was extremely loud. My dad had called 911 because he thought I got shot when I opened the garage door. Seriously, he had to call 911 again and tell them it was just a car...they came anyway and I was extremely late for work.

I think I need the res'd x pipe.

I love the way it sounds under 3000 rpm, but there is a a lot of rasp up top. I wish there was a way to get rid of the rasp up top only without effecting the sound down low.
what do you guys think I should do?
Ahhhh I just went to a resonated xpipe this week. After two years of long tube headers, high flow cats, ss mid pipes and mrt v1. Like you I liked the sound. Honestly 5-7k rpms was fine. Sounded like an F1 car. But 3-4k rpms is not so good. The quality of sound with the resonated xpipe is much better. But it cut the volume down by at least half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #2136
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I really hate our bumper haha it doesn't make the car look aggresive. Was really looking at the ZL1 bumper since it looks B.A but then I cam across the Agressor 1 but heard it had fitment issues but then they came out with the Agressor 2!!!!!!!!!! lol and it looks awesome! Although I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an SS bumper but don't wanna be a poser haha!
It's not posing with an SS bumper. It doesn't have any emblem on it that says SS. It's the same as getting a ZL1 bumper. Get whatever you like most and that fits your budget.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #2137
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
nothing can ever come easy :(.. ill be deciding what to do but for now i got college finals
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #2138
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
It's not posing with an SS bumper. It doesn't have any emblem on it that says SS. It's the same as getting a ZL1 bumper. Get whatever you like most and that fits your budget.
I would never put ss badges on . I'll have to keep my options open, may be getting more hrs at work and a raise? Plus tomorrow I have my graduation ceremony so maybe I'll be getting some $$$ haha. Although the next mod that is high up on my list is Hex Vents.

Quote:
nothing can ever come easy :(.. ill be deciding what to do but for now i got college finals
I think removing your front bumper before driving is a good idea haha. I already see a bunch of POS cars do it lol
Old 05-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #2139
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I would never put ss badges on . I'll have to keep my options open, may be getting more hrs at work and a raise? Plus tomorrow I have my graduation ceremony so maybe I'll be getting some $$$ haha. Although the next mod that is high up on my list is Hex Vents.
I didn't get shit for graduation lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #2140
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
thats a really long drive though? 4 hours looking like that?!!!
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #2141
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Quote:
If anyone gives you any shit tell them your intercooler broke and you have to keep your turbos cool till you get it fixed.
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #2142
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I didn't get shit for graduation lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Lol I prob won't either just being hopeful watch none of those things happen haha

Quote:
I would just be worried about getting pulled over haha....then again you could always strap the bumper to your roof!