Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-11-2022, 07:09 PM   #183
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i think most people have the money to survive just fine. going forward, they may have to rethink payments on things like that unlimited data plan, $1200 cell phone and memberships to dumb stuff like clothes, tho.

i've done the power tour a couple times when premium was over $4.50 / gallon. priorities.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:40 PM   #184
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob54 View Post
Gas was 4.14 per gallon in 2008. Accounting for inflation it would now be $5.38. Get over it. You knew or should have known. I went for the V6 as a result. I average about 30 MPG and I am well positioned for more expensive gas. Given the Ukraine situation I will gladly pay more and walk more as necessary.

The feeling of being pushed back in the seat by massive torque, priceless! I intend to do it with an electric car though.

I'd love to give every petrolhead that's never experienced an EV in here a ride in my Leaf only because it's one of the most basic EVs out there but the instant torque is still such a different experience than in a conventional car. I would be tempted to have a buddy drive my leaf and me in my ZL1 at a 1/4 mile track, but I just think it would be weird to have my ass handed to me by my own car (at least to about 30-40 MPH). Let's also face it, most speed limits in most areas don't allow most V8s to sing. The ZL1 can break most speed limit laws in 2nd gear.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:54 PM   #185
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The way I personally see it is I make enough money to more than afford gas prices even if they went to $6 or more a gallon without severly impacting my lifestyle. I mean, maybe I might have to trim back the steak dinners 3 times a week and generous tips (30%) lol. But nothing major.

However...there come a point when you can afford something but you can't justify spending that money. At some point gas will get soo high that it'll be silly to keep paying it just to have a car that will get taken out light to light by a cheap EV...like TXCSSU mentioned, even the slower EVs are gonna out-sprint these 600/700/800 RWHP monsters. And I'm not one for staying on the losing team. So when that Leaf embarrasses me, you're all gonna notice a change in my sig. Lol. And trust me I know it's coming. These EVs out here are getting bolder and bolder.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:55 PM   #186
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Great points made above. On that note , many, like myself, don’t have to commute very much to a new workplace of the future that the pandemic created. Less driving, less gas.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:00 PM   #187
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Yeah most here will probably be fine. Gas price doesn’t really effect our household because our driving miles are limited. I do have a buddy who was just shutdown on a request for a increase in gas allowance from his company and very upset. Honestly I think the increase in gas is just the cherry on top of inflation that is burdening many.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:12 PM   #188
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
[Biden]I did that![/Biden]
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:18 PM   #189
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Pleasant surprise today, drove our AWD XT5 (in tour mode…FWD only) from Detroit to Kennesaw, GA on the way to FL for a couple weeks, and the computer says 29.5 MPG avg so far! Not bad for a mid sized SUV with a 3.6 V6 doing 5-10 over all the way! At the refill halfway, the gizmo said 600 mile range! Never seen that much on it! Prices going up the further south we got.
Also, on the way home I’m going to count the number of Waffle Houses from Naples to Detroit along I-75. Future useless and irrevelent information to provide while sitting around the late night gatherings this summer!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:04 PM   #190
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
my wife goes by bus to work
i have a company van with free fuel.
we're mortgage and debt free.
120k USD a year income between us.
even at 100 usd a gallon the camaro stays
Old 03-12-2022, 12:33 AM   #191
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
[Biden]I did that![/Biden]
Political talk is not allowed on this forum. If you want to start a political war then do that nonsense elsewhere. And for the record pal, gas prices and inflation are happening on a global scale. So instead of regurgitating nonsense, go educate yourself. And when you do, go talk about it somewhere other than here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
my wife goes by bus to work
i have a company van with free fuel.
we're mortgage and debt free.
120k USD a year income between us.
even at 100 usd a gallon the camaro stays
At $100 a gallon the cost of living would be soo astronomically high that you wouldn't even be able to afford gas with that salary you mentioned. $100 a gallon represents a 25% increase. Meaning if everything else increase in similar fashion across the board then a gallon of orange juice would be $175. A pound of ground beef would be about $90. A pair of shoes would be around $800. A pair of jeans would be around $500. Just basic groceries and household items would cost several thousand dollars. Imagine if your roof goes or if your water heater goes or you need to call a plumber. At your salary you'd barely be able to survive if gas went up that much unless your pay increased in proportion to the fuel prices.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:52 AM   #192
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Flowchart for people who want to argue without discussing

1a) If administration is the party they support:
Damn (current situation) is the fault of those (leaning) policies!

1b) If administration is NOT the party they support
Damn (current situation) is the fault of the president!

2) If presented with a fact that explains something and generally how less power the president has than they think and how there are also outside factors we can't control:
Jump to 1a or 1b

Man, the people supporting drilling and increasing oil output because gas got expensive for a few days... We deserve WW3 and to nuke ourselves, money over the planet they live...

Guess what, OPEC realized $150 per barrel is NOT GOOD, it pushes countries away from buying oil so now they've reduced the price, and guess how long it will take for gas stations to lower the price? Until people realize they are getting ripped off for no reason, has nothing to do with the president, policies, other countries, etc... Ya'll got the damn tree in front of you but decide to willingly ignore it cause ya'll just like to bark.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 01:36 AM   #193
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Political talk is not allowed on this forum. If you want to start a political war then do that nonsense elsewhere. And for the record pal, gas prices and inflation are happening on a global scale. So instead of regurgitating nonsense, go educate yourself. And when you do, go talk about it somewhere other than here.

At $100 a gallon the cost of living would be soo astronomically high that you wouldn't even be able to afford gas with that salary you mentioned. $100 a gallon represents a 25% increase. Meaning if everything else increase in similar fashion across the board then a gallon of orange juice would be $175. A pound of ground beef would be about $90. A pair of shoes would be around $800. A pair of jeans would be around $500. Just basic groceries and household items would cost several thousand dollars. Imagine if your roof goes or if your water heater goes or you need to call a plumber. At your salary you'd barely be able to survive if gas went up that much unless your pay increased in proportion to the fuel prices.
franchise car dealers are now charging 400 USD an hour plus 25% taxes here now
Old 03-12-2022, 07:22 AM   #194
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
Flowchart for people who want to argue without discussing

1a) If administration is the party they support:
Damn (current situation) is the fault of those (leaning) policies!

1b) If administration is NOT the party they support
Damn (current situation) is the fault of the president!

2) If presented with a fact that explains something and generally how less power the president has than they think and how there are also outside factors we can't control:
Jump to 1a or 1b

Man, the people supporting drilling and increasing oil output because gas got expensive for a few days... We deserve WW3 and to nuke ourselves, money over the planet they live...

Guess what, OPEC realized $150 per barrel is NOT GOOD, it pushes countries away from buying oil so now they've reduced the price, and guess how long it will take for gas stations to lower the price? Until people realize they are getting ripped off for no reason, has nothing to do with the president, policies, other countries, etc... Ya'll got the damn tree in front of you but decide to willingly ignore it cause ya'll just like to bark.
People just be finding new ways to get kicked off a forum.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:41 AM   #195
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Pleasant surprise today, drove our AWD XT5 (in tour mode…FWD only) from Detroit to Kennesaw, GA on the way to FL for a couple weeks, and the computer says 29.5 MPG avg so far! Not bad for a mid sized SUV with a 3.6 V6 doing 5-10 over all the way! At the refill halfway, the gizmo said 600 mile range! Never seen that much on it! Prices going up the further south we got.
Also, on the way home I’m going to count the number of Waffle Houses from Naples to Detroit along I-75. Future useless and irrevelent information to provide while sitting around the late night gatherings this summer!
i usually see about 28 with my RS on long highway drives.love me some waffle house...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:34 AM   #196
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I'd love to give every petrolhead that's never experienced an EV in here a ride in my Leaf only because it's one of the most basic EVs out there but the instant torque is still such a different experience than in a conventional car. I would be tempted to have a buddy drive my leaf and me in my ZL1 at a 1/4 mile track, but I just think it would be weird to have my ass handed to me by my own car (at least to about 30-40 MPH). Let's also face it, most speed limits in most areas don't allow most V8s to sing. The ZL1 can break most speed limit laws in 2nd gear.
My Bolt would beat my modded C6 Vette to 40mph but after that the C6 wins.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote