Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-29-2016, 09:40 AM   #183
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroATL View Post
IDK what the other guy was talking about, but you can very much choose your own color regardless of what mode you're in. I drive in sport mode and changed my lights to dark orange to match my kalahari interior, and it stays that color the entire time i'm driving UNTIL I put my car in park, at which point it switches to show mode because I have it set to show mode - ON.

Basically, put your car in a certain mode, go in and change the lighting for that mode, and that's the color it will show while in that mode regardless of what the defaults originally were. If you ALSO enable show mode, it will go to show mode when in park and park only, but once you put it in drive it will switch to the color that you've set for whatever mode you're in, or use defaults if you havent specified a color for that mode.

And yes, you can have that custom setting that you described.
You can't change the default colors. You can choose a color that will stay on all the time unless you select 'Link To Driving Mode' at which time the color will change to the default for whichever driving mode you are currently in. If you have found a way to change the default colors, please share. I'm sure a lot of folks would like to do that. I thought I had done it but was mistaken.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #184
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
After most recently owning a 2015 Audi S4, I didn't realize how much of an advancement GM had made in infotainment. The mylink is SO MUCH more responsive than what I had in my Audi. It's crazy that Audi would sell a car that outclassed in electronics by Chevy.
We rented a Audi A4 in Florida last November and the Navigation was HORRIBLE!

Its Here! Finally came home on 3-31-16! Red Hot 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Silver Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, 56W Split Spoke Wheels, Body color Hood vents, Body color Splash Guards and winter protection package.

Ordered 1-28-16: 1100
2-11-2016 :2000
2-15-2016: 3000 TPW of 3/7...That went quick!
2-26-2016: 3400 Status TPW 3/7
3-5-2016 : 3800
3-8-2016 : 4300
3-11-2016 : 4B00
3-15-2016 : 4200
3-22-2016 : 4800
3-29-2016 : 6000!
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #185
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Drives: Not a VVette…yet
Awwww snap! Thank you CamaroATL and Hyper16! That makes me feel a lot better.
BowtieV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #186
CamaroATL

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS + NPP + MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
You can't change the default colors. You can choose a color that will stay on all the time unless you select 'Link To Driving Mode' at which time the color will change to the default for whichever driving mode you are currently in. If you have found a way to change the default colors, please share. I'm sure a lot of folks would like to do that. I thought I had done it but was mistaken.
no you can't change the default colors for "Link to Driving Mode" but you can change the colors displayed for any of the driving modes which is what the guy was asking about.. can you be in tour mode w/ purple lights? yes, and that's all he was basically asking about.. if it was possible to be in a driving mode w/ a specific color that is NOT the default, and that is possible
CamaroATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #187
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
no you can't change the default colors for "Link to Driving Mode" but you can change the colors displayed for any of the driving modes which is what the guy was asking about.. can you be in tour mode w/ purple lights? yes, and that's all he was basically asking about.. if it was possible to be in a driving mode w/ a specific color that is NOT the default, and that is possible
Yes. Thank you.

Except, I'm not a guy.

But basically yes on everything else.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #188
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
I don't want to start a war with you but read the first sentence in the second paragraph of the post I quoted.

Quote:
Basically, put your car in a certain mode, go in and change the lighting for that mode, and that's the color it will show while in that mode regardless of what the defaults originally were.
Seems to be just the opposite of what you just said. With that I'm finished with this thread.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #189
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
If you set a specific color it will stay that color no matter what mode you are in. If you change from tour to sport to track and so on it will stay that color always. If you have it set to link to drive mode then it will use the default red, blue, etc. If you set to show mode then it will cycle through the colors when stopped and/or in park
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:54 PM   #190
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfiredog View Post
If you set a specific color it will stay that color no matter what mode you are in. If you change from tour to sport to track and so on it will stay that color always. If you have it set to link to drive mode then it will use the default red, blue, etc. If you set to show mode then it will cycle through the colors when stopped and/or in park
This. Not sure why people are so confused. SHOULD you be able to change the defaults? I think so, but it is what it is.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:57 AM   #191
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

I...didn't mean to cause any issues among people. I'm sorry if I did. But everyone seems to agree on the fact that yes, I can create me own unique driving mode with personal color choice, steering feel, suspicion feel, and exhaust sound. That's all that really matters to me. And, I would assume, most others.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #192
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
One thing that's nice with the 6th gen versus the 5th gen is the trunk space. Even though it seems like it's a smaller trunk, it's at least deeper allowing you to fit a couple 5 gallon buck upright. Big win for anyone that is nuts about detailing and needs to haul a couple buckets to a car show for instance for a rinseless wash.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #193
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
If you swipe up from the bottom of the infotainment screen you can see more rows of your preset radio stations. I did this by accident the other day.
Awesome!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:19 AM   #194
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
One thing that's nice with the 6th gen versus the 5th gen is the trunk space. Even though it seems like it's a smaller trunk, it's at least deeper allowing you to fit a couple 5 gallon buck upright. Big win for anyone that is nuts about detailing and needs to haul a couple buckets to a car show for instance for a rinseless wash.
It is 20% smaller than the 5th. gen.
5th. gen.= 11.3 cu. ft.
6th. gen.= 9.1 cu. ft.

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:13 AM   #195
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
It is 20% smaller than the 5th. gen.
5th. gen.= 11.3 cu. ft.
6th. gen.= 9.1 cu. ft.

Thanks for the facts! I'm happy I can fit my detailing gear in the easily.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #196
Camaro36

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Does anyone know that unlike the passages seat that has a compartment behind it, the driver seat doesn't.....:/
Or is it just my car? Lol
Camaro36 is offline   Reply With Quote