Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #169
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
Me to I hope they don’t stop after 2023 even if I don’t buy another after that. About liking or dislike you gotta see in person before you make your mind up. I wasn’t sure about the orange but when I saw it in person I gotta have one when I hit the lottery even it’s only 25k. The 19 does look a lot better in person than a picture no matter which front end it is.
Yeah the crush orange is a amazing throw back color..really like this car so far.
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:04 PM   #170
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
Does anyone else think the 2020 camaro(refresh) looks like shit? I think it looks horrible. People didn't wanna give the 19' a chance and now you have a front end that looks very generic and conventional. I hate it I'll take the 19' all day at least they did something a little different.
Personally I'm still not a fan with the styling on any 6th gen Camaro. Performance is there no question but otherwise......
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #171
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Personally I'm still not a fan with the styling on any 6th gen Camaro. Performance is there no question but otherwise......
this. i disliked the camaros look so much i was ready to buy a mustang until i learned about the 1LE cars. given the performance, they’re tolerable.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #172
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I still think the S550 (GT and lower trims) is fugly. The GT350 and 500 look decent though.
Yep same here too
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:32 PM   #173
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
I’ll admit that I initially thought the 19s looked odd, but I really liked them in person and they stick out among a sea of similar looking cars.

I’ll also acknowledge that it is unique and was clearly not a fan favorite. I guess I’m just one of the lucky 1% that can get great deals on the 19 when the 2020s roll out ��
Old 07-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #174
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
sounds like you got some hate for the 19ss ? Enjoy your older 6gen and we that have a 19 will enjoy newer Camaro ..we know we got something better ..move on
Nope, no hate, just not a fan of the styling - and as stated, only of one trim level. And considering GM spent the boat loads of money to correct for their stylistic oopsie instead of telling folks like me to "move on," I think it should be obvious where the majority opinion resides - they wouldn't eat into their already declining profits one year after a refresh on a whim.

But, heck, it's been 50 years and some people still insist the Earth is flat and we never landed on the Moon, so it's not like there's not a precedent for decidedly and stubbornly minority opinions to persist. I'm not losing sleep about any of them.

If you want to explain in detail what makes your 19s "better" by any kind of objective measure, I'll grab some popcorn and wait for that. Until then, enjoy the betterness of your car, whatever it may be.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #175
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I did the same thing. '19 vert. Went from Tucson, AZ to Promontory Point, UT.

Not once did I see mothers cover their kids eyes over the "hideous" front end.
Everyone was digging it. Got the story of the "fastest '68 in town" from some old timer reminiscing. I had to wipe the drool off the car after he left.

Chicks were digging it. Dudes were digging it. And I still think that the controversy is WAAAAYYYY overblown. If anything, everyone should be complaining about the "fangs" on the 2020. That being said, it won't stop me from getting a LT!.

Didn't go got the 150th by chance did you?
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:09 PM   #176
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasti View Post
Every single CUV on the market is pretty much based on the GREAT Aztek,
Change my mind

He did not design the Aztek that we got, he did the prototype the bean counters cut it all to what we ended up with.

Original prototype was pretty badass.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:02 AM   #177
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Nope, no hate, just not a fan of the styling - and as stated, only of one trim level. And considering GM spent the boat loads of money to correct for their stylistic oopsie instead of telling folks like me to "move on," I think it should be obvious where the majority opinion resides - they wouldn't eat into their already declining profits one year after a refresh on a whim.

But, heck, it's been 50 years and some people still insist the Earth is flat and we never landed on the Moon, so it's not like there's not a precedent for decidedly and stubbornly minority opinions to persist. I'm not losing sleep about any of them.

If you want to explain in detail what makes your 19s "better" by any kind of objective measure, I'll grab some popcorn and wait for that. Until then, enjoy the betterness of your car, whatever it may be.
The information is readily available on the internet
or visit your local Chevrolet dealership.there' plenty of extra upgrades on the 19 that 16to 18 don't have . enjoy your pop corn ..sweet dreams
Old 07-30-2019, 06:20 AM   #178
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Yes, and aside from the rear camera mirror, the 2.0T 1LE package, and the aforementioned A10 (of the three, only the rear camera mirror has any value to someone who likes his Camaro as a manual SS, but it's still just a minor convenience feature), the other changes for 2019 were all cosmetic, with no net- positive impact to the performance or driving experience of the car versus the old model.

As you seem so wracked with insecurity over most other people not agreeing with you that your 2019 is as great as you think it is that you feel obligated to lash out in an exceptionally irrational way, I leave the final word to you since a rational adult discussion is clearly not what you're after, unlike the counterargument of the poster I was originally responding to.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:52 AM   #179
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
No explanation needed. My 19 is better... can you tell me why it is not?
Old 07-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #180
magnum3145

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
[QUOTE=Jbanta1983;10579507]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
So are you saying your 2019 looks like shit?

You bought a black SS so the center section matches the paint on the rest of the car..like the 2020.
You blacked out the center bowtie so it doesn’t show up on the center cross section...like the 2020
So your car basically looks like a 2020.. really and you post this

You obviously missed my point that they rushed into a refresh for no reason. And the refresh I saw looks different than the19 the front bumper slopes down further and makes the upper grille area too big.
I didn’t like the 2019 either till I saw it in person. I’m glad I snagged one while I could. I bought a Crush Orange 2019 1SS with the 6 speed manual, and I think it looks pretty badass. It definitely can perform which, in the end, is why I bought it in the first place. By far, the 6th Gen Camaro is the best one I’ve ever owned.
magnum3145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:20 AM   #181
orange devil
Account Suspended

Your final world is invalid to me ...sorry you have the lesser car now ..be happy with what you got and stop bashing on the 19 SS ..time to move on lizard brains

2019 Camaro Models & Package Changes
When it comes to models and trim levels, the 2019 Camaro does away with the LS Convertible model while adding a new 3LT Coupe and 3LT Convertible models.

The Camaro Redline Edition and Camaro Hot Wheels Edition get deleted for the 2019 model year, while the 1LE track handling package is added to the Camaro with the base 2.0L Turbo engine.

2019 Camaro SS front fascia

2019 Camaro Exterior Changes
On the outside, the 2019 Camaro receives new front fascias for the LS, LT and RS models. Meanwhile, the 2019 Camaro SS gets a new front fascia with a polished black grille. Notably, the ZL1 models do not get the updated front face.

Out back, the 2019 Camaro gets a new rear fascia with sculpted LED taillamps. LS and LT models get LED taillamps with red lenses while SS and ZL1 models get LED taillamps with dark-tinted neutral-density (clear) lenses.

2019 Camaro SS Coupe gets LED taillights with clear lenses

There’s also the deletion of four exterior colors and the addition of three new ones:

Deleted colors:

Bright Yellow
Nightfall Gray Metallic
Hyper Blue Metallic
Arctic Blue Metallic
New colors:

Satin Steel Gray Metallic
Shadow Gray Metallic
Riverside Blue Metallic
Continuing with the exterior changes is the deletion of 11 LPO-level exterior accessories and the addition of six new ones:

Deleted accessories:

Black Exterior Appearance Package, LPO
SS lower grille, LPO
Underhood liner with Camaro logo, LPO
Body-color hood vents, LPO
Black Center Stripe, LPO
Blue Center Stripe, LPO
Black Rally Stripes, LPO
Blue Rally Stripes, LPO
20″ 5-split spoke low gloss Black wheels, LPO
20″ 5-split spoke low gloss Black wheels, LPO
Performance Air Intake, Stripe and Painted Engine Cover Package, LPO
New accessories:

Metallic Black ground effects, LPO
Lower grille with Silver inserts, LPO
Lower grille with Black inserts, LPO
Metallic Black front splitter, LPO
LT 20″ 5-split spoke Satin Black wheels, LPO
SS 20″ 5-split spoke Satin Black wheels, LPO
Rounding out the exterior changes is the addition of new 18″ Silver-painted aluminum wheels as standard and available only on the 1LS Coupe model.

2019 Camaro Interior Changes
Inside, the 2019 Camaro replaces the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment systems (IOB, IO5 and IO6) with the new third-generation systems, dubbed Chevrolet Infotainment 3 (IOR, IOS, IOT).

Additionally, the Universal Home Remote (aka HomeLink) feature is deleted and not replaced, while the Rear Camera Mirror is added as standard on 2SS and ZL1 models. It is not available on any other 2019 Camaro trim or model.

The cabin ambient lighting gets new blended color choices, while two accessory-level (LPO) interior trim kits – the Blue and Yellow Interior Trim Kits – are deleted.

2019 Camaro Safety Changes
On the safety front, the 2019 Camaro gains the Forward Collision Alert feature. It is standard on the 2SS and ZL1 trims, while being available on the 3LT trim as part of the Convenience and Lighting Package.

Rear Camera Mirror in the 2016 Cadillac CT6

The 2019 Camaro also replaces the OnStar Basic plan with a new Chevrolet Connected Access plan. The OnStar Basic plan was included for free for five years, while Chevy Connected Access is free for a period of ten years.

2019 Camaro Powertrain Changes
The 2019 Camaro continues to offer the same engines as the 2018 Camaro, but does gain an engine air filter life monitor on the 2.0L LTG Turbo I-4 and 3.6L LGX V-6 engines.

In addition, SS models gain the option for the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission in place of the outgoing 8-speed gearbox. Meanwhile, the 2.0L Turbo and 3.6L V6 models continue with the 8-speed.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #182
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
FFS this thread is silly. Let’s be real here. These are performance cars & unless they give a power bump down the road then none are significantly better than the others. I love my 18 just like guys with a 19 will love theirs, a 20 owner will love theirs & so on. Do I prefer the 16-18 look? Damn right I do & I'm proud of my car. Would I ever knock someone for feeling the same way about their 19-20 or any other year? Not a chance. Be happy you have a Camaro because if that’s not enough then it seriously sounds like you’re trying to overcompensate for something...
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote