Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-09-2018, 12:23 AM   #1779
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Funny how people argue about which version will be worth more some day... lol! Face reality, these are all mass produced, Chevys that have crappy resale values no matter what. Unless you keep it for 30 years, you're going to lose a ton of money. If you want a car as an investment, a better option would be to go spend your 40 to 50 grand on a classic car.
Naw, you don't have to keep it that long, I'd say 10-20 years in a barn or some controlled environment would be plenty.

People would be killing themselves to get one. Think of what a new-in-the-box 2005 WRX STI would be worth? I bet people would pay tons of money for something like that in pristine new condition.

The problem is, if you do this, you aren't driving it. So you gotta make up your mind, do you want to collect a car, or drive a car. If you want to do both, it's incredibly more expensive.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:55 AM   #1780
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Mmmmm Let's see this more carefully
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:59 AM   #1781
IntricateDetail

Drives: '12 Corvette GS / '13 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I never said it wouldnt sell. Infact, i said that I hope it does. I want a Camaro to be offered as long as Im alive and beyond. My statement about many people than just here disliking it I believe is being taken out of context. Im around many other car enthusiasts and we are always taking cars. All cars not just Camaros. I have yet to talk to anyone in my circle that likes the redesign. That's all that meant. It speaks volumes to me however because of the variety of tastes in my circle. I would have expected at least one of them to like it. As far as not needing to see and not wanting to like it. That couldnt ge more wrong. I really want to love every Camaro. I also have owned more cars than any of us can ever count and I know what I like. Ive looked at many high resolution pictures on a 65 inch screen. I've search every picture I could. It just does nothing for me from the end of the hood down. I do like the hood and The tail doesn't bother me as it does others. I can't get past the cheek pieces at all. The black one is the only one I remotely liked because you dont notice them as much.
Im not sure what seeing it in person will change. I hope your right ,and I do fall in love when I see it in the flesh. I will be the first to eat crow if that happens. I dont see it though.
This is my last post about its looks in a negative light. Yes maybe I did post too many times about my dissatisfaction. Im very passionate about vehicles of all types, and when one of my favorites changes in a way I dont like, its upsetting. Ill move along.
I am the one without a 5th Gen, or 6th Gen, or any Camaro here...so I don't want to say I'm speaking from experience. That said, I also run in a LOT of car crowds. Infiniti/Nissan, MOPAR, Pony, Exotics...and the MAJORITY of people who are avid members and loudmouths in those groups, just want to say whatever they think people want to hear.

So if 2 guys say the new Camaro looks like trash, well come on, this guy buys me drinks a lot when we go out, so now I think the new Camaro looks like trash. Even if it isn't that obvious, subtle conditioning and the desire to be "like everyone else" runs deep in those crowds. Otherwise we wouldn't have groups like MOPAR and Bowtie and Pony. Even in mixed crowds, the potential for people just saying whatever the alcohol tells them, or whatever the excitement of the first cars and coffee of the year begs of them...is going to happen a lot more often than not.

If you want REAL stats, go find people who not only live in different places, but also are in different careers, have a combination of hobbies and passions, and are different genders, ethnic groups, socioeconomic status, etc. We might have numbers we can respect at that point. Until then, everyone is a keyboard warrior and a prophet, and everything that they say is truth and everything they predicted came to pass. My $0.02

'22 Camaro ZL1 | A10 | Carbon Everything
'22 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD - Bone stock
'19 Kia Sorento - Wifemobile

~ Previous Cars ~

'12 Corvette Grand Sport
'12 Infiniti G37xS Sedan - Takeda CAI, FI RHFC + FI resonated cat-back, Hotchkis F+R Sways, SSR GTV03 (18x9.5 +45 squared), Toyo Proxes T1 Sports, Tanabe Lowering Springs, Full Akebono BBK upgrade F+R, StopTech Rotors/Pads/SS Brake Lines, Takeda FTSB, (300AWHP / 251TQ)
IntricateDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:08 AM   #1782
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail View Post
I am the one without a 5th Gen, or 6th Gen, or any Camaro here...so I don't want to say I'm speaking from experience. That said, I also run in a LOT of car crowds. Infiniti/Nissan, MOPAR, Pony, Exotics...and the MAJORITY of people who are avid members and loudmouths in those groups, just want to say whatever they think people want to hear.

So if 2 guys say the new Camaro looks like trash, well come on, this guy buys me drinks a lot when we go out, so now I think the new Camaro looks like trash. Even if it isn't that obvious, subtle conditioning and the desire to be "like everyone else" runs deep in those crowds. Otherwise we wouldn't have groups like MOPAR and Bowtie and Pony. Even in mixed crowds, the potential for people just saying whatever the alcohol tells them, or whatever the excitement of the first cars and coffee of the year begs of them...is going to happen a lot more often than not.

If you want REAL stats, go find people who not only live in different places, but also are in different careers, have a combination of hobbies and passions, and are different genders, ethnic groups, socioeconomic status, etc. We might have numbers we can respect at that point. Until then, everyone is a keyboard warrior and a prophet, and everything that they say is truth and everything they predicted came to pass. My $0.02
I never predicted anything or stated anything about what will happen with the Camaro from this redsign other than I hope people buy it. So Im not being a profit. Also if stating your opinions and the opinions of the folks you run with is being a "keyboard warrior" as you say then every one on every car forum is one including you. Afterall your entire post is based on opinions and assumptions.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:59 AM   #1783
93oh

Drives: 2017 ZL-1
The new Camaro is much more muscular looking. With 10 speed auto should be absolutely ferocious from a dig. With that said, think the change was definitely positive and as a daily I’m ordering one. I already have a Zl1 (two actually a 12 and 17) and think this car in white will be pretty sweet. To the haters... it will grow on you or it will blow past you. For me, I’m hooked.
93oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #1784
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93oh View Post
The new Camaro is much more muscular looking. With 10 speed auto should be absolutely ferocious from a dig. With that said, think the change was definitely positive and as a daily I’m ordering one. I already have a Zl1 (two actually a 12 and 17) and think this car in white will be pretty sweet. To the haters... it will grow on you or it will blow past you. For me, I’m hooked.
agreed, im hoping especially so for the 1LE

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:42 AM   #1785
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
It just seems the angled design and blacked out areas are looking too similar. I am sure they thought that as well.

Attached Images

Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 AM   #1786
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Like I said, that’s not a Camaro anymore. Its uniqueness is gone.

You will hear a lot of “nice Dodge” at stoplights.
yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:25 AM   #1787
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

This. Way to destroy a 50 year old nameplate Chevrolet.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #1788
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Apparently not only Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but interpretation too. This Car has more Camaro heritage elements than the Pre-refresh, But if you think the opposite them is Okey because that's your interpretation of what you see... I suppose that through the second generation in adelante' people say that those cars don't like a Camaro anymore, in reference to the Firt generation

Last edited by JhonnyGTR; 05-09-2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: A correction
Old 05-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #1789
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
People would be killing themselves to get one. Think of what a new-in-the-box 2005 WRX STI would be worth? I bet people would pay tons of money for something like that in pristine new condition.
Similar to this?:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0518-32...16-subaru-sti/

That's going to be at the Indy Mecum auction May 15-18.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #1790
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that most of the negativity and haters are people who purchased 16 and 17 models? It’s just people justifying their purchase as nobody wants to buy an expensive item and then admit that a nicer item just came out. It never happens. Wait and see what the sales have to say. Everybody here is very fond of sales numbers and figures so when the sales go up then it will be proven people like this restyle. Now the next step of this is the 19 and up will have higher sales, higher resale and be more popular with the public. But somehow the haters are going to tell us the opposite and that the 16 through 18 are the best ones and worth way more, way better blah blah than the 19 and up. 100% guarantee wait-and-see.
You are a dreamer and I guess that could be good, but Sales for the 6th gen are poor, we needed a good refresh to generate interest. That didn't happen plain and simple. There is only moderate interest in the 6th gen no matter what year , the 19 isn't going to change that. I love my 6th gen because its such a great car and it looks great. It puzzles me why the masses do not feel that way.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #1791
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
You are a dreamer and I guess that could be good, but Sales for the 6th gen are poor, we needed a good refresh to generate interest. That didn't happen plain and simple. There is only moderate interest in the 6th gen no matter what year , the 19 isn't going to change that. I love my 6th gen because its such a great car and it looks great. It puzzles me why the masses do not feel that way.
Did you buy your Camaro because you believed it was going to sell well and be popular?
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #1792
JhonnyGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Uys how easy it is to talk about something that will not work because you do not like it, and I'm not interested in you saying you're not the only one who says it. In this type of business the interest is reflected in the sales, not only in being enthusiastic. so, until you see the sales results, I ask you to save your words for you until we all see if it was possible to increase the interest or not.

"It puzzles me why the masses do not feel that way"... Irony is a bitch, right?

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!