Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #1765
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
Front is ugly, the rear looks like a Cobalt on steroids. They think sales are bad now, wait till they release this.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #1766
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by union894 View Post
Front is ugly, the rear looks like a Cobalt on steroids. They think sales are bad now, wait till they release this.
Is this your car?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #1767
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Is this your car?
Lmao..bang bang bang!
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #1768
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
Quote:
Is this your car?

No its not my car. And you're right beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #1769
flaps100

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 RS
Fully agree

People love to be negative, and as far as that Yellow with the massive hood bump, glad they did not do that to it.

Flaps

Quote:
Is this your car?

flaps100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #1770
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by union894 View Post
Dood...you comment on styling and have THIS in your sig???
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #1771
cskipgo

Drives: 2019 2SS A10 Shadow Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's fair - all of us are entitled to our opinions, for sure! I didn't really like it at first...and the more and more I started, and looked at different angles...It's grown on me. Same thing happened to me in 2013 with the Gen 5 refresh...wasn't happy at first.

You don't have to apologize. You don't even need to change your opinion. That's not what I'm asking. I respect that.

However, your opinion is not universal...and such blanket statements like "It won't sell", or "everyone hates it" (I'm paraphrasing) are out of your scope. Mine, too...we don't know. What I do know is that the negativity is tiring...and I'm getting kind of tired of reading it (in general).

To be frank, statements like "I don't need to see it in person" indicated (to my anyways), that you just don't want to like it, or even give the design a chance in person. That's too bad...because the Camaro badge is at least worth that consideration.

Very well said.

Because, despite how it appears on an enthusiasts forum...we are not "everyone", nor is our word gospel. Important input? You bet - and you can also bet that they've taken note of folks' reactions...but like any logical thinker...the first real test will be when people see it in person.

Then they'll see who buys them. THOSE are the reactions that will matter most...
Thank you!!!!

I appreciate peoples' opinions on whether they like/dislike the changes. What I think is ridiculous is people speculating about sales.

I actually hope it doesn't become the highest selling car, as I don't really want to see a lot of my "twins" on the road.
cskipgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:07 PM   #1772
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

You don't have to apologize. You don't even need to change your opinion. That's not what I'm asking. I respect that.

However, your opinion is not universal...and such blanket statements like "It won't sell", or "everyone hates it" (I'm paraphrasing) are out of your scope. Mine, too...we don't know. What I do know is that the negativity is tiring...and I'm getting kind of tired of reading it (in general).

To be frank, statements like "I don't need to see it in person" indicated (to my anyways), that you just don't want to like it, or even give the design a chance in person. That's too bad...because the Camaro badge is at least worth that consideration.
I never said it wouldnt sell. Infact, i said that I hope it does. I want a Camaro to be offered as long as Im alive and beyond. My statement about many people than just here disliking it I believe is being taken out of context. Im around many other car enthusiasts and we are always taking cars. All cars not just Camaros. I have yet to talk to anyone in my circle that likes the redesign. That's all that meant. It speaks volumes to me however because of the variety of tastes in my circle. I would have expected at least one of them to like it. As far as not needing to see and not wanting to like it. That couldnt ge more wrong. I really want to love every Camaro. I also have owned more cars than any of us can ever count and I know what I like. Ive looked at many high resolution pictures on a 65 inch screen. I've search every picture I could. It just does nothing for me from the end of the hood down. I do like the hood and The tail doesn't bother me as it does others. I can't get past the cheek pieces at all. The black one is the only one I remotely liked because you dont notice them as much.
Im not sure what seeing it in person will change. I hope your right ,and I do fall in love when I see it in the flesh. I will be the first to eat crow if that happens. I dont see it though.
This is my last post about its looks in a negative light. Yes maybe I did post too many times about my dissatisfaction. Im very passionate about vehicles of all types, and when one of my favorites changes in a way I dont like, its upsetting. Ill move along.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:42 PM   #1773
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Ouch
Old 05-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #1774
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that most of the negativity and haters are people who purchased 16 and 17 models? It’s just people justifying their purchase as nobody wants to buy an expensive item and then admit that a nicer item just came out. It never happens. Wait and see what the sales have to say. Everybody here is very fond of sales numbers and figures so when the sales go up then it will be proven people like this restyle. Now the next step of this is the 19 and up will have higher sales, higher resale and be more popular with the public. But somehow the haters are going to tell us the opposite and that the 16 through 18 are the best ones and worth way more, way better blah blah than the 19 and up. 100% guarantee wait-and-see.
That is an "interesting" take for sure.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #1775
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Fire in the Hole :V!!!!
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #1776
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The 5th gen refresh (in MY 2014) had a poll on Camaro5.com. It was 50/50 with 164 folks liking it, and 163 folks disliking it. Here's the link:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286190

The 6th gen refresh has a poll too. 34 folks said they love it, and 326 folks hated it, and 241 folks are reserving judgement until they see it in person. Here is the link:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525604

I know that these two polls are a bit of apples and oranges at this point, but those that are claiming that the same amount of disappointment was felt during the last refresh as this one need to refresh their memories. It's not even close. Half the folks voted in a positive manner to the 2014 refresh, but only 5.66% of the folks voted in a positive manner to the 2019 refresh. That's a drubbing.

So, you have a car that is handicapped from a whole bunch of buyers because of the poor visibility, and now the car is ugly (in most folks eyes) too.

Keep in mind the saying...

Beauty is only skin deep. But ugly cuts right to the bone!
On the nose... Now, I wonder how the pole would end up if it were by models. I'm still not sold on the SS but it is starting to grow on me a little but that's a small little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Dodge did a similar refresh to the Super Bee from 1969 to 1970.

1969:

1970:

One's a classic.
So um yeah, I would have no issues with either one in my stall. These are both still highly sought after collectables.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:46 PM   #1777
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Funny how people argue about which version will be worth more some day... lol! Face reality, these are all mass produced, Chevys that have crappy resale values no matter what. Unless you keep it for 30 years, you're going to lose a ton of money. If you want a car as an investment, a better option would be to go spend your 40 to 50 grand on a classic car.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:29 PM   #1778
DECEPTICON6551

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Thumbs down

I haven't seen one in real life yet, but from what I've seen online...
DECEPTICON6551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!