#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #155
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
I don't think most guys are wanting an auto 1LE, but just the option to get the upgraded suspension, wheels, and splitter. I know this would be something I would have wanted as an option and wouldn't care if it were labeled a 1LE. I don't do track days so I have not desire for a manual trans at all. And no this is not a debate on the auto vs. manual either. Whether you drive a manual or auto, who wouldn't like the better suspension? The aftermarket success of the splitters and z28/1LE wheels is proof there is a demand for them on all models. So, keep the 1LE manual but offer some of the upgrades on other models without calling it a 1LE would be a success IMO.
They do offer this as dealer installed options from the factory with warranty. I do realize that is not exactly what you mean though. Sadly, wheels are not part of that option. As you eluded to though, the aftermarket will allow you to get that same look at a decent savings from factory.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #156
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I personally think that if the A8 is important enough to not get the 1LE, then that buyer is probably OK with just getting an A8 2SS. Either that or they will get an A8 2SS / 1SS and add suspension goodies.
Unfortunately, its the eLSD I want, so not really an option :(
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #157
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Yes we ended up doing just that. My car is a 2010 and I have upgraded the suspension, replica wheels, and added a splitter. My fiance went to build her car online and tried to add the wheels, but it required the 1LE manual, and she wanted an auto. In the end she bought a 2SS/RS on the lot and added replicas too. Point is that we both liked the "look" of the 1LE, minus the black hood, and I wanted the better suspension while keeping the auto tranny.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #158
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
DAMN!! That is a bummer man.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:40 AM   #159
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
They already make a manual SS for the manual transmission buyer.

Simply put, they are leaving cash on the table by not offering a a8 1le.
I recently asked my dealer who sold quite a lot of 5th gen 1LE's, he said maybe two or three inquired about an automatic. Most 1LE buyers want a manual...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #160
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Yeah, I did not think of that.....
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:47 AM   #161
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I recently asked my dealer who sold quite a lot of 5th gen 1LE's, he said maybe two or three inquired about an automatic. Most 1LE buyers want a manual...
I think most, if not all, that go in to buy a 1LE know it is a manual car. Probably the ones that ask for an auto see the car and like the look, then ask if they can get it in an auto. Those buyers have no idea what the car actually is. If I were to want a manual car there would be a 1LE in my garage, less the hood wrap, right now hands down. I just want an auto, because I am lazy, but like the suspension and look. And I do know that there is much more to the 1LE than that too.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:07 PM   #162
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
I really was prepping for this car all in , but I cant get past how ugly the interior is I hate gray on gray everything else about the car is perfect but I really love the leather in the 2SS and I know many of you love the gray suede and yes they are better racing seats I just dont feel electric in the interior on the 1le so not sure go for the amazing car or enjoy the 2ss and mod it.
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:03 AM   #163
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I really was prepping for this car all in , but I cant get past how ugly the interior is I hate gray on gray everything else about the car is perfect but I really love the leather in the 2SS and I know many of you love the gray suede and yes they are better racing seats I just dont feel electric in the interior on the 1le so not sure go for the amazing car or enjoy the 2ss and mod it.
Depends on what you're looking for. Generally for the masses the 1SS/2SS will be above and beyond perfect. For the ultimate driving enthusiast who pushes there car to the bleeding edge in corners and may occasionally track their car the 1LE is perfect. It's all about you as a driver.
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:56 AM   #164
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Since the 1LE will have the 6pots with the 2 peice Rotor anyone look into how much it costs for a blank?
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #165
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
Depends on what you're looking for. Generally for the masses the 1SS/2SS will be above and beyond perfect. For the ultimate driving enthusiast who pushes there car to the bleeding edge in corners and may occasionally track their car the 1LE is perfect. It's all about you as a driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
Since the 1LE will have the 6pots with the 2 peice Rotor anyone look into how much it costs for a blank?
They're pretty much the same size brakes as the last gen ZL1...and those rotors cost somewhere around $300 a piece depending on where you're looking.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #166
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
It's actually black, not gray...the shitty pictures we have seen are blown out from flashes and over bright car show lighting. And yes the inserts are suede, but the outer trim is leather.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #167
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Would you rather mod a 2SS with wheels/tires, suspension, chassis, and aero?

or

Put some new seats in the 1LE?

I bet money you could find a 2SS owner that would love to have suede recaros and will trade seats, maybe even steering wheel, shifter & boot so you could rid the interior of all the suede and they can get a race focused 1LE feel to their SS.

Like others have said, the question is do you really want all the performance the 1LE brings you, or do you only want the look? Lowered suspension and new wheels/tires?

Last edited by mjk3888; 04-15-2016 at 08:12 AM.
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #168
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
It's actually black, not gray...the shitty pictures we have seen are blown out from flashes and over bright car show lighting. And yes the inserts are suede, but the outer trim is leather.
This is true. The studio photo of the ZL1 does the suede a more realistic "justice". Just have to ignore all the red.

Name:  2017-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-025.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  369.7 KB