Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #155
MClarenF1

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
dam it i was a second too late for the last spot! ahhh ject ur so lucky, i was right below you :(
please if you could make a 26th spot for me, i was right after the last guy... and my birthday is on may 26..so it would b an amazing present =[
MClarenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #156
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
I can't wait for those to come out I want I want I want!!!!!
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #157
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
I imagine that those issues are corrected, elsewhere there will be lots of returns, me the first one.
No I believe they are NOT corrected. Not that I know of. I am not bashing Hurst, but my prototype review, is actually closer to the real product than I thought. If there were any immediate changes to the design, I would have known and told you guys.

I am still satisfied with these paddles, and I will not remove them.

The only change that I've gotten are the spacer screws. The prototype ones are a bit shorter, and the Camaro's Steering wheel is made of cast aluminum, temperature fluctuation makes the steering wheel expand and contract. MY prototypes had problems when the temperature was warmer (because the steering wheel expanded). However, Hurst has given me the updated spacer screws, and will be including them in your final product. The new screws are great, and it fixed my problem.

I did not mention this before, because this is already a corrected problem.

However, these new screws have no effect of the clearance issues with the washer function and highbeam flash.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #158
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Hey Jagan, did they give you the set you reviewed?
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #159
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
just put the shorter delrin paddles on the car and you're good to go!. They will be about HALF the size of the billet ones!
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:45 AM   #160
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
To Dan@BMracing

Can you confrim if the clearance issues have been taken care or not.
Not having a direct acces to the windshield washer lever is a VERY IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE and can be an accident risk if ever we need to clean the windshield within 2 or 3 seconds. Same for the lights, sometimes we need acces to a better lightning in case some animal comes in front of the car or just signal a truck to go by, whatever.

If these issues are not corrected, I will want my name (no. 9) out of the list. I'm the one who started this thread, I like the idea very much but I can't accept security issues ont this new product.

Please advise.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #161
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Not having a direct acces to the windshield washer lever is a VERY IMPORTANT SAFETY ISSUE and can be an accident risk if ever we need to clean the windshield within 2 or 3 seconds. Same for the lights, sometimes we need acces to a better lightning in case some animal comes in front of the car or just signal a truck to go by, whatever.

If these issues are not corrected, I will want my name (no. 9) out of the list. I'm the one who started this thread, I like the idea very much but I can't accept security issues ont this new product.

Please advise.
How many times are you going to remind us that you started this thread? I doubt that they decided to research and develop a set of aftermarket paddle shifters because you created a thread on a website.

... I don't think the issue that you speak of will be resolved, but that wont keep me from buying, and enjoying them.
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #162
svtjackal

Drives: 2010 SIM camaro-2001 svt Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDan View Post
How many times are you going to remind us that you started this thread? I doubt that they decided to research and develop a set of aftermarket paddle shifters because you created a thread on a website.

... I don't think the issue that you speak of will be resolved, but that wont keep me from buying, and enjoying them.

And I didn't started this thread BTW

Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin Camaro Owners check out www.chicago5thgen.com
svtjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #163
montreal2010yellow

It's your life Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDan View Post

1. No comments on your remarks.....
2. If it is has jagan323 said that there will be no improvement, I will not risq my security (life) because I can't clean my windshield at 65 mph (WITHOUT TURNING MY STEERING) on the highway while a truck splashes my car with mud.

Will wait and see the answer from the vendor.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #164
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Quote:

Please advise.
In multiple test fits we've only found that there's an interference issue when the wheel is turned slightly, and when I say "interference" I mean the stalk will touch the paddles when pulled back. The production units have thinner profile paddles as well as a thinner profile pivot on the bracket. I believe Engineering has taken all of jagan's feedback and made adjustments to final production specs.

I will forward your concern and see if one of the engineers will chime in and address it.
Dan@BMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #165
montreal2010yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@BMRacing View Post
In multiple test fits we've only found that there's an interference issue when the wheel is turned slightly, and when I say "interference" I mean the stalk will touch the paddles when pulled back. The production units have thinner profile paddles as well as a thinner profile pivot on the bracket. I believe Engineering has taken all of jagan's feedback and made adjustments to final production specs.

I will forward your concern and see if one of the engineers will chime in and address it.

Thanks for your quick reply. I actually doubted that engeneers would have left this issue unresolved. I doubted that such a security matters would have been left aside and that they would have been reliable for.

I'm keeping my order on.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #166
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
there are adjustments on the paddles that will allow enough clearance for the stalks to be used. They will touch the paddles, but will be usable!. I believe a response from Kenji is forthcoming.
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #167
Dan@BMRacing

Drives: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
there are adjustments on the paddles that will allow enough clearance for the stalks to be used. They will touch the paddles, but will be usable!. I believe a response from Kenji is forthcoming.
Here's the email response from Engineering regarding the paddle, adjustment of the paddle, and interference with stalks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst Engineering Dept
The thickness of the paddle and lever assembly on each side of the wheel is .48"(12.2mm). This is about the average thickness of an average sized human finger. GM designed these vehicles to be able to operate both the high beam flash and windshield spray functions with an errant finger in between the steering wheel and these stalks (you should be able to test this yourself).

Obviously there is a significant amount of adjustment in this product that control this amount of gap. At the time of install, our beta tester (Jagan323) did not have any instructions available to explain this adjustment and thus adjusted accordingly to his preference (which can be adjusted to a point to blocked these functions at certain wheel positions). Our in-house test vehicles were able to both flash high beams and mist/spray WITHOUT turning the wheel (although the stalks did contact the paddles). Thus, it is our feeling that with the proper amount of adjustment and fine tuning; most vehicles should be able to have properly functioning paddles AND be able to use the flash and mist/spray functions as well for everyday street use. Or they can be adjusted out to preference for maximum tactile response for competitive driving use as most likely Jagan323 has done with his prototype unit.
Dan@BMRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #168
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Okay, the e-mail from the engineering department is not far off.

I DID adjust mine for full tactile and feedback for responsive driving. So I have nothing to say when it comes to the Final Product OR the washer/highbeam stalks. Mine are adjusted so they can not be used at a certain position.

Not on purpose of course, but then again mine ARE prototypes. It is good news that Hurst has changed things accordingly. THere you go guys =D No worries =D