Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 04-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #1639
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
See yoir own post above regarding same day same track.

Ford can’t touch this. The greatest value on earth and the star of the Alpha Camaros ...IMO
Attachment 982248
I don't get it. I brought up the PP2 vs 1LE H2H and said I'd give that one to you.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #1640
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
See my post above regarding Z28 vs R. Same day same track certainly trumps lightning lap. Ok, the PP2 didn't feel as amazing in lightning lap, but still went quicker. I think in the head to head PP2 vs 1LE the SS was quicker in the MT figure 8, I can't remember if they did track time in that comparison. So I'll give you that.
...and yes. The SS 1LE was faster than the PP2 in the 1/4 and track. I’ll post details later

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #1641
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I don't get it. I brought up the PP2 vs 1LE H2H and said I'd give that one to you.
Lightning lap. PP2 not same day

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:42 PM   #1642
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
For a straight up comparison, they are close enough.

Both cars use a 3.73 rear end gear

The trans is slightly off, but it does actually show where the difference is

MT82 - 3.66:1, 2.43:1, 1.69:1, 1.32:1, 1.00:1, 0.65:1
TR6060 - 2.66:1, 1.78:1, 1.30:1, 1.00:1, 0.74:1, 0.50:1
The 18’ up GT MT82 uses gear ratios much closer to that of the TR 6060. The comments about shifting too much are no longer applicable as you can hit 112 in 3rd gear now. These new ratios aren’t great for keeping the motor in the power band, they should have left them unchanged and put less rear gear in if they wanted to cut back on shifting.

They went from a 5spd with 1 overdrive to a 4spd with 2 OD’s
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #1643
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Except in the Z28 vs R case Motor Trend did a same day same driver (Randy Pobst) comparison, and the R was decidingly faster around the track and in the 1/4 mile. We don't have head to heads for many of those cars so LL is the best example we can use. And IMO more drivers is better, since they take the fastest time from the group.
Again, that shows LL are to inconsistent. There has been no H2H with the 1le vs PP2, so to say the PP2 is faster based off LL results with different drivers on different years is a far stretch. Now the 1le has tied or come close to the R times with Probst at the wheel, just different days is a more accurate result.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #1644
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
On my phone so can't type a full response, but I get not wanting to race civics and hot hatches, but Mustang is the Camaro's closest competitor. You have an elitist attitude toward other pony car owners. You'll act proud of that, but it's really, really lame.
Would you race an Ecoboost Mustang? Would you brag about it if you won? If you lost would you post it? Just curious. Because over in Mustang world all the GT guys seem to have an elitist attitude towards anything that isn't a V8. So are you being hypocritical or are you just calling me personally because I think lowly of the GT? Or how about this, what if that Civic owner claims he did a 9.34 @ 134 or what if some other ricer claims he ran a 10.25 @ 136. Would you race him?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:28 PM   #1645
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Would you race an Ecoboost Mustang? Would you brag about it if you won? If you lost would you post it? Just curious. Because over in Mustang world all the GT guys seem to have an elitist attitude towards anything that isn't a V8. So are you being hypocritical or are you just calling me personally because I think lowly of the GT? Or how about this, what if that Civic owner claims he did a 9.34 @ 134 or what if some other ricer claims he ran a 10.25 @ 136. Would you race him?
Hell no I wouldn't race em. If the best I could muster was an 11.9! No sense embarrassing myself.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #1646
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
I can honestly say that I would never tell someone with an Ecoboost that they are beneath me as you have said multiple times in this thread about modified Mustangs.

Ha, Gossip's cars are not Civics or ricers. They are Mustangs that ran those times. And the 9.34 was @ 145 mph.

I don't really race anymore (street or strip) esp. on the street because of the risks, so it's unlikely I would race an Ecoboost Mustang, but not because it's "beneath me". 15 years ago? For sure, if he caught me on the street in Texas during college. I mean, back then, in my Trans Am I raced bolt on GTs and smoked 'em, just because I could.

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 04-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #1647
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Hell no I wouldn't race em. If the best I could muster was an 11.9! No sense embarrassing myself.
You have a 4 year old base model Mustang. And a 25 year old stripped down Mustang that you wasted $12K on the engine that has a sole purpose of "racing" but only in a straight line and the best you can do is a low 9 and out of all of that you don't have any sponsors, you don't make any money, and nobody knows you. On top of that you are dime a dozen. You aren't doing anything that any teenager who lives in his parent's house can't do. There are soo many people like you at every track that nobody is even impressed any more. And all your talk sounds like some poser/ricer nonsense to me. Nobody takes you seriously. I don't race garbage. I don't race stripped down trailer queens that anyone anywhere can build for cheap. And I don't race ricers. When you grow up and get to my level and spend money on a real car or on something that is worthy of my time and attention then we'll talk about setting up a race. Or if I choose to lower my standards to buy a shell and throw a few dollars at it and make it a dedicated race car that I couldn't care less about, then we'll set up a race. And then, if you wish, you can try to bust my ass. Either way it will not go the way you want it to go. I can assure you of that pal.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:25 PM   #1648
Idaho2018GTPremium

Quote:
You have a 4 year old base model Mustang. And a 25 year old stripped down Mustang that you wasted $12K on the engine that has a sole purpose of "racing" but only in a straight line and the best you can do is a low 9 and out of all of that you don't have any sponsors, you don't make any money, and nobody knows you. On top of that you are dime a dozen. You aren't doing anything that any teenager who lives in his parent's house can't do. There are soo many people like you at every track that nobody is even impressed any more. And all your talk sounds like some poser/ricer nonsense to me. Nobody takes you seriously. I don't race garbage. I don't race stripped down trailer queens that anyone anywhere can build for cheap. And I don't race ricers. When you grow up and get to my level and spend money on a real car or on something that is worthy of my time and attention then we'll talk about setting up a race. Or if I choose to lower my standards to buy a shell and throw a few dollars at it and make it a dedicated race car that I couldn't care less about, then we'll set up a race. And then, if you wish, you can try to bust my ass. Either way it will not go the way you want it to go. I can assure you of that pal.
Since when does modding and racing cars have to make someone money? I thought for most people, it was a hobby. Congrats, you spent $140k on cars that you won't race. Wow!

Past:
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Old 04-09-2019, 10:29 PM   #1649
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I can honestly say that I would never tell someone with an Ecoboost that they are beneath me as you have said multiple times in this thread about modified Mustangs.
Oh but you're ok with GSJ talking down to everyone else here because they have no interest in racing? I'm seriously asking you that as a question. Are you being hypocritical?

Guess what? An Ecoboost Mustang IS beneath a ZL1. That is why they cost $25K and ZL1s cost $40K more. That is a fact. Plain and simple. Mustang GTs are beneath ZL1s too. So are GT350s. And the fact that a GT350R cannot beat a ZL1 at anything means that they are beneath ZL1s as well as far as performance is concerned. Pull up to a Z06 in a modified GT and he won't even look in your direction. That's just how it is homie.
Quote:
Ha, Gossip's cars are not Civics or ricers. They are Mustangs that ran those times. And the 9.34 was @ 145 mph.
I don't care.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #1650
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Since when does modding and racing cars have to make someone money? I thought for most people, it was a hobby. Congrats, you spent $140k on cars that you won't race. Wow!
I just think that for someone who talks about how accomplished he is the fact that he doesn't make money is just sad. If I spent that much time at a track I'd have found a way to make some money off it. But hey, that's just me. And that's why I have $140,000 worth of cars that I can DD and he has a $12,000 engine in a 25 year old stripped down GT that can only be driven in a straight line at the track.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #1651
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Son you threw 60 grand at it. And the best you could do was 11.9! Do you even think before you type anymore? You talk about people not being impressed.??? You dont race a trailer queen? You wont race my wifes DD full weight premium GT? That weighs over 4000 pounds. Your not kidding anyone. Just say I don't race and move on. But for the love of god. Put some thought into your corny posts. A few posts ago. You were complaining that a boosted gt cost almost as much as your zl1. Now your trying to make it sound like its cheap. Get all your personalities together. And take a vote on what excuse your going to go with. Make up your mind son.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #1652
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

https://www.torquenews.com/106/next-...dge-challenger

Interesting info. So it looks like the S650 won't be around until 2026 , will grow in size , and will need another refresh between now and then . Way to go. So the question is why would they have to keep it around that long? And will they finally ditch the failure that is the GT350 or keep it around and give it a refresh too? Will the GT500 stick around as well and will it too get a refresh?