Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #1527
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
If you had said a 2V mod motor then I would have said “yep, you definitely got some money” lol. Stroked Windsor far cheaper then mod motor. Well done on the Windsor move
Thank you. A fully build 363 only cost 10-12 grand. And wss built to handle1500 whp. You dont need to spend 80 grand to run 11.9@121.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #1528
Ethanolic
Banned

Drives: F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yea, after GSJ just sat here and told me on this forum that I have no right to talk about the cars I own and bragged about his track results...you come at me? You're right, I am NOT humble. Not when someone starts talking big. You wanna talk big, then I'll talk bigger. And if I really wanna brag, I could go and buy an 18 GT right now if I wanted. Or I could mod my ZL1 to over 600 RWHP and my HC to well over 700 RWHP if I want. Or I could do both. And I'm proud of that. This is the car game. If some hotshot starts running off at the mouth about what he can do in his old base model GT then I'll brag about what I can buy with my money.
I find your boasting to be comical. Very few people of significant financial means would actually feel the need to talk about it on a public forum. If you think a single guy with a couple of mid/low tier performance cars is impressing anyone you’ve got some growing up to do.
Ethanolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #1529
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Thank you. A fully build 363 only cost 10-12 grand. And wss built to handle1500 whp. You dont need to spend 80 grand to run 11.9@121.
Nope my point was if your car running 9.34 was a 2V mod motor yes they cost a lot to get into that range. Being 9.34.
11.9 at 121 for 80 grand is also for a car that doesn’t just drive straight. Lots more to it. Obviously. And that goes for the GT, GT 500, Hellcat, whatever.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #1530
Ethanolic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Not something the average buyer is going to want to live with.....
Are you the judge of this?
I think we can all agree that back in the day when people were starting to lower cars that probably the majority drove a hell of a lot worse than a ZLE. Remember the days of the flip kits? Cutting the hell out of coils? Lowering blocks? They were all street driven.
Maybe I’m mistaken and you may be too young to have been around in that time. Maybe you were born later and by that time nice lowering kits with good ride qualities were offered by then.
The average buyer isn’t looking at ZL1, GT350s, Hellcats, GT500s. The average buyers may get a GT or SS or the ones that really wanna get greedy a Scat Pak. Actually the real average buyer is probably more into the 4 and 6 cylinder offerings.
I still drive vehicles with shit rides. Their suspension design is sooo outdated it’s almost funny and scary. Lock to lock steering is so many revolutions that I have literally almost driven off the side of a mountain it caught me off guard that bad.

We’re talking more specialized performance cars here not Lincoln’s. Average buyer....if they are buying any of the big offerings from the big three then they should know ride quality is lower on the list.
I started modding and racing cars as soon as I bought my 1st back in ‘87. I drove around most of the late 80’s/early 90’s in a car with no a/c, no power steering, no sway bars and lowered drilled front shocks, on skinny Weld Draglites but this isn’t the 80’s or 90’s and your average buyer of these cars does not want a car that rattles your teeth if you hit a patch in the road. The ZLE’s ride has been well documented and it’s sales #’s are what? Sub 1000 units last I read. Kids can’t afford it and adults that can will be more serious track guys.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #1531
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanolic View Post
I started modding and racing cars as soon as I bought my 1st back in ‘87. I drove around most of the late 80’s in a car with no a/c, no power steering, no sway bars and lowered drilled front shocks, but this isn’t the 80’s or 90’s and your average buyer of these cars does not want a car that rattles your teeth if you hit a patch in the road. The ZLE’s ride has been well documented and it’s sales #’s are what? Sub 1000 units last I read. Kids can’t afford it and adults that can will be more serious track guys.
How many 350R have been sold?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #1532
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. No matter what you drive. You'll still find a way to make it slower than it should be. Money will never buy you skill. You either have that or you don't. And dude, I couldn't read that long ass reply. Only a pissed off snowflake. Types a 1000 word essay like that. You say your not mad. But type that crazy shit?
Then I'll make it short for you. You're beneath me. If I answered your callout then I'd also be answering everyone in a GT, Civic, Focus, Cobalt, and every ricer out there who wants to "race". When you can afford multiple cars on my level, you realize that you don't have to respond to everyone who challenges you to something. But you'll never get there.
Quote:
Congrats on spending over 10 thousand dollars on a car that you aren't making money on. You wouldn't be able to afford an 80 thousand dollar car anyway. Maybe if you were smarter with your money you would be.
Quote:
I find your boasting to be comical. Very few people of significant financial means would actually feel the need to talk about it on a public forum. If you think a single guy with a couple of mid/low tier performance cars is impressing anyone you’ve got some growing up to do.
And what does that say about someone with a bottom of the barrel entry level base model GT?? GTs are dime a dozen.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #1533
Ethanolic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
How many 350R have been sold?
I’m not sure, but it’s been a limited production model in at least the 1st few years
Old 04-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #1534
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Then I'll make it short for you. You're beneath me. If I answered your callout then I'd also be answering everyone in a GT, Civic, Focus, Cobalt, and every ricer out there who wants to "race". When you can afford multiple cars on my level, you realize that you don't have to respond to everyone who challenges you to something. But you'll never get there. .
[LOL beneath you? It must be the new math. They're teaching you kids these days. In racing its all about numbers. Your pathetic 11.9 is beneath my bolt gt 11.59 time. You didn't stand a chance. Against a bolt car. Its also cute how you assume what I can and can't afford? How much money have you made on your pair of fantasy cars? I spent 40 grand on a car that you can only drive at the track. Another 6 grand on a trailer. Just to haul the puppie back and forth. It's a hobbie car son. Let that sink in. Everyone has seen my cars. Im seriously starting to doubt you own anything. The way you handle your business. Keep hiding sunshine. People see thru your facade. But keep typing tough. Just fake it til ya make it lil guy.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #1535
Subcool

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
This thread .... I have to admit I stop by here for a good laugh!
Subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #1536
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
[LOL beneath you? It must be the new math. They're teaching you kids these days. In racing its all about numbers. Your pathetic 11.9 is beneath my bolt gt 11.59 time. You didn't stand a chance. Against a bolt car. Its also cute how you assume what I can and can't afford? How much money have you made on your pair of fantasy cars? I spent 40 grand on a car that you can only drive at the track. Another 6 grand on a trailer. Just to haul the puppie back and forth. It's a hobbie car son. Let that sink in. Everyone has seen my cars. Im seriously starting to doubt you own anything. The way you handle your business. Keep hiding sunshine. People see thru your facade. But keep typing tough. Just fake it til ya make it lil guy.
Ok. You doubt I have these cars? Facade? $5,000 right here and right now. $5,000 bet says that I have all 3 of these cars in my profile pic. 2017 ZL1, 2017 Hellcat, 2012 X5 50i. I will post a video or pic with my S/N, the date and time, and whatever else you need as proof. Or feel free to come see for yourself. I'll give you a neutral place to meet me and I'll have all three vehicles there. Bring as many of your friends as you want if you have any worries. I'll be there by myself with my vehicles. For the record, you aren't the first person to question me and you won't be the first one to back down. Just make sure you have the money because I'll be taking it. Otherwise, pipe down.

I don't care if you ran 11.59, 11.89, 12 flat, or whatever. You and your car are beneath me. A silly quarter mile run doesn't change that. I had a $40K 2015 GT and I ditched it because I thought it was a POS, I was disappointed in those cars and their performance or lack of performance, and because I deserved better than anything Ford made at that point and anything they make now. So congrats on your 11.59 if it means that much to you. Nobody here cares.
Quote:
The suspension is very stiff and not something your average buyer is going to want to live with in a “street car” the target audience is extremely small. Ford makes the concession in out performance to have the car be more street live-able. The all bark, no bite clowns in this section will claim that’s a weakness or an inability on Fords part , but they will never push their own cars even remotely hard on a track nor would they consider owning such a track focused car as the ZLE.
GM from the start stated what the ZLE was. It was not meant to be a DD and they told people that straight out. It was built to be a track car that sacrifices comfort for performance. The ones who bought it and complained clearly did not pay attention. However there are plenty others who DD this car and have commented that the ride is not as bad as it was made out to be. An enthusiast will gladly sacrifice comfort for performance. The payout is worth it to them. And most of the people who buy it would have another vehicle that they use as a DD. The ZLe would be a secondary vehicle. So GM did the right thing.

And you know, you came over here from wherever the hell you were and this is the place you ended up at. Not one of us goes over to other forums and engages their long time members and then calls them "all bark, no bite clowns". Regardless of your disdain for us, you came here and engaged with us. We didn't bring you here, invite you here, or ask you to come here. Yet despite our dislike of the Mustang, none of us has disrespected you personally. Nobody has called you any names. We disagree with you and debate you. But we have not insulted you personally nor said anything negative about you. We have even shown much respect to our Mustang members like shaffe, newmoon, and some others even when we fight tooth and nails. So you are very out of line with your comment. And that says a lot about the kind of person you are and the kind of people that are on M6G or wherever you're from.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #1537
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
The suspension is very stiff and not something your average buyer is going to want to live with in a “street car” the target audience is extremely small. Ford makes the concession in out performance to have the car be more street live-able. The all bark, no bite clowns in this section will claim that’s a weakness or an inability on Fords part , but they will never push their own cars even remotely hard on a track nor would they consider owning such a track focused car as the ZLE.
Do you think the “average buyer” will want to “live with” the Voodoo engine in a “street car”?
  • Consuming a quart of oil every 500 miles.
  • No power until the engine is above 4,000 rpm. Not easy to operate a street car rpm
  • Serious longevity concerns while under warranty ...much less post.
Those concerns affect the R and non-R. I’d rather have the ZLE as a street/track car

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #1538
Ethanolic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Do you think the “average buyer” will want to “live with” the Voodoo engine in a “street car”?
  • Consuming a quart of oil every 500 miles.
  • No power until the engine is above 4,000 rpm. Not easy to operate a street car rpm
  • Serious longevity concerns while under warranty ...much less post.
Those concerns affect the R and non-R. I’d rather have the ZLE as a street/track car
Well what I do know is that 17,800 GT350’s have been produced not including the 2019 MY and like you said every one of them would have those supposed issue you listed. So apparently it is easier to live with the GT350 than it is with the ZLE.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:17 PM   #1539
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
I started modding and racing cars as soon as I bought my 1st back in ‘87. I drove around most of the late 80’s/early 90’s in a car with no a/c, no power steering, no sway bars and lowered drilled front shocks, on skinny Weld Draglites but this isn’t the 80’s or 90’s and your average buyer of these cars does not want a car that rattles your teeth if you hit a patch in the road. The ZLE’s ride has been well documented and it’s sales #’s are what? Sub 1000 units last I read. Kids can’t afford it and adults that can will be more serious track guys.
Yeah. So, how many average buyers are buying ZLE’s? Not many.
How many average buyers are buying GT350s never mind the R model. Not many. How about the Hellcat? Not many average buyers there either.
The far majority of these cars are bought by enthusiasts who realize there are compromises.
How comfortable do you think the ride is in a GT3 Porsche?
Do you think people who purchase those are average buyers?
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #1540
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Well what I do know is that 17,800 GT350’s have been produced not including the 2019 MY and like you said every one of them would have those supposed issue you listed. So apparently it is easier to live with the GT350 than it is with the ZLE.
How many 350Rs? Comparing the base 350 to the ZLE is a bit misleading.

Last edited by Chadicus; 04-07-2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Cant type
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote